OFFICIAL March Madness Thread

Why did yall think UNC would lose to Washington State... I've seen so much hate on UNC, it's no point even commenting.. Look at how yall ragged onHansbrough in the first half, and say nothing when they blow out the Cougars in the 2nd.. That is hate.. Straight up.. You have to give credit both waysdespite if you hate the player, you still have to recognize his game..

Seriously Harangody over Hansbrough??? I think that was a joke, but if not then I don't even know what to say.. I know everybody is going to be eager tohit the post button and say "Tyler is overrated," if they lose to Louisville.. that is just childish.. UNC is 30-2.. My goodness.. I appreciate whatthey're doing..

And UCLA is letting everyone hang with them.. Aside from the first game.. It would be no surprise if they lost to Xavier..

Honestly, I am so excited about this UNC/Lville matchup. They lost against BYU at the beginning of the year because they were afraid of embarrassing themselvesagainst us out in Las Vegas. We are playing so well right now that the only team capable (when playing well) of beating us is Kansas. There are a lot of UNChaters on NT, but you know what, their hatred is only because we are ELITE. We got dudes saying UNC is going to be gotten by Washington St's D and myfriends, the opposite happened. I wish Lville would try to run with us. They will run themselves right out of the gym, into the locker room, onto the busm andback to Kentucky while we think about cutting down the nets in the Queen City, then decline because this team knows that there is a greater purpose to thisseason. That being the nets in San Antonio. Those are the ones that we really want.

I got $100 on UNC over Lville. Someone please take the bet. If, god forbid, the Heels lose I will transfer the money to the takers account via paypal.

LETS GET IT. HEELS ***** in 2008.
pimp.gif

2 people said Wash St before the game...the rest of us said UNC has it...

See where I said the game had to change because of them being down 10+...it opens things up...

that's how Hansbrough scores. That's what I've said all along. He fits UNC's system, he finds ways to score. That's fine. That is his gameand he is great at it.

But,

No, I don't like Tyler in a half court. No, I don't like their team in the half court.

I compliment Thompson, but the focus is on Hansbrough hate??

Some of yall like to seek the hate out, how I guess, we like to seek out to hate Tyler...

No, some still aren't convinced they can beat a Kansas this season.

If they do and win the title...I'll be here to say I was wrong and extend a congratulations.

Nobody has been crowned #1, and I still see flaws...every team has them, it's just my thinking that UNC's catch up to them against Louisville, Kansasor UCLA.

Originally Posted by qaddafi

UNC haters went IN tonight, cot damn!!
eek.gif
eek.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

UNC can win any type of game, now we can stop hearing about Wash st.'s "defense" finally
roll.gif

Hansbrough STILL getting it done, and what more can I say about Lawson
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

bye byee louisville
pimp.gif

Son, ya'll ran up the score (
eyes.gif
) on a bunch of cupcake teams. Wejust dismantled 2 1/2 (Boise St counts as a half) formidable opponents.
Was your TV not just on !? We just smacked around a higher seeded opponent...... by 19 points.

Let me say it again: Padgett > Hansborough

I wish Lville would try to run with us.
They won't and they don't have to.

They can play either way tho....

It WILL be without question the best defensive team you've seen all year.

Not even close. Wash St get's their D credit, in large part because of so few possessions.

Louisville flat out gets after it.

We are playing so well right now that the only team capable (when playing well) of beating us is Kansas.
Louisville is playing as well as anyone, you guys, Kansas...anyone. 2 losses in the last 2 months..At our place on Senior day and OT against Pittthat put it all on the line to win the BET.

I like Louisville in the game, I don't know if their guards play a well enough game to win...we'll see though.

I do agree with you if it turns into a fast paced game, you guys take it.

However, Coaching edge has to go to Pitino.

He'll put that 2-3 match up on when needed......similar to last year in the Elite 8....Ellington better show up this time
nerd.gif

Now this,
Is being delusional, a hater and a homer
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by AC Sionis

Originally Posted by qaddafi

UNC haters went IN tonight, cot damn!!
eek.gif
eek.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

UNC can win any type of game, now we can stop hearing about Wash st.'s "defense" finally
roll.gif

Hansbrough STILL getting it done, and what more can I say about Lawson
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

bye byee louisville
pimp.gif

Son, ya'll ran up the score (
eyes.gif
) on a bunch of cupcake teams. We just dismantled 2 1/2 (Boise St counts as a half) formidable opponents.
Was your TV not just on !? We just smacked around a higher seeded opponent...... by 19 points.

Blasphemy.. Deon Thompson > Padgett
laugh.gif

Allen, I didn't re-read to see who posted the Wash St picks or whatever.. But, when they were struggling, yall went in hard.. The game ain't overand yall already saying "Hansbrough can't handle it," "This dude won't make it in the league," and what not..
Anyways, I'm not trying to lead no Peace coalition for the Tarheels, I'm just trying to figure out why the hate... I pretty much know it allright now..
And I also got UNC going to the final four...
wink.gif

Cause David Padgett aint done a meaningful thing since February...

He's a better passer, that's about it.

This might be the worst possible match up Villanova can have...

Arthur, Jackson and Kaun gona have a field day against, ummmmm....Cunningham, and that's it
laugh.gif

Chalmers and Russ puttin the clamps on Scottie...he'll end up forcin everything

Rush on Stokes...

If Nova keeps it within 15, I'll be surprised.

I say Carolina has much to worry about with Louisville. UCLA has pulled out some games late but can't expect to win if the keep playing like this. Theywill have to face either North Carolina Louisville or Kansas in the Final and before that need to beet Xavier and Stanford is my guess. Carolina has gotten offeasy so far with having to play teams they match-up well against. If they beat Louisville I say they might win it all.

We have gotten off "easy" because we are the #1 overall seed in the tournament. The #1 overall seed is given to you because of having an outstandingseason. I would say that us getting off "easy" is well deserved. And furthermore, the first round blowout is expected. The Arkansas and Wash. St.wins by 21+ points were unexpected. To say that we have gotten off easy because we went out and absolutely dominated these games is ridiculous. We won bigbecause we showed up to play in all facets of the game. I love the fact that most people believe that because we play a fast paced game that we are carelesswith the ball or don't play defense....

I can not wait for 9:40 PM Saturday night....

LETS GET IT

Not careless with the ball, rather...not executing when it will matter most.

Happened with Roy at Kansas..and outside of the special 05 team, has happened so far at UNC..

I'd be happy to see them go out and play great and pick a part a good team with half court execution. I really have doubts tho..

Anyway....I think yall got that big win tonight because of the work on the glass

Kansas by 20 tomorrow

UCLA can not continue to play careless and let teams hang in the game. Watching this team is takin years off my life for real.

Either way, Ill be there Saturday
pimp.gif

cotdamnit i'm no.1 in the niketalk facebook group and i didn't put in money....
frown.gif
, if stanford wins tomorrow i'll still be on track though

Feeling pretty good since I went 4 for 4 today. Hopefully I can have another solid day tomorrow.

Best game should be Texas vs Stanford.

Allen, like always, is speaking the most sense in here.

WSU never had the offensive firepower to keep up with UNC, anybody that's watched either team this year or looked at the stat sheets could've told youthat. The fact that UNC blew them out and Tyler got his in the 2nd is just a reflection of how WSU was forced to play once they got down at the end of the 1sthalf due to miserable offensive production on their part. The game was won with about 8 minutes to go in the 1st half, there was no way WSU was coming backwith their style of play.

L-Ville should provide a better matchup for the Tarheels... The biggest difference I saw between Tennessee, and what I think we could see against UNC as well,is that L-Ville is very good playing fast AND slow. UT is pathetic playing Slowly.. UNC is better than UT playing slowly though.. So it'll be interestingto see what pace the game is played at and who does it better at that speed.

I do find it funny that UNC fans have so much faith in Roy Williams as a tournament coach, still... apparently they have short memories. I still see Roy as oneof the biggest March chokers of all time, and until he wins another, or at least gets to another title game, i'm going to continue questioning hisabilities in the clutch.

I think Ville will take care of the Carolina boys. At least I hope so. I can't stand to see Tyler run around with his mouth open any more. That mouthbreather either needs to get into better shape or slow the hell down.

UCLA got a cake walk to the Final Four and is struggling with garbage teams. I hope the XMen clip them. Duncan needs to play smart and I think they can do it.

Memphis vs State is going to be good tonight. I am a Wolverine but I like Izzo a lot. Plus, my girls fam is filled with Spartina's so I have slowlyfollowed that program for the last couple of years. I have Memphis going into the Championship game so I could care less who wins this game just as long as itis a good game. I want to see Dorsey beat the crap out of Naymick. Naymick is the biggest douche you will ever meet in your life. Not a D like Neitzel but justa big gumpy dope.

YO!
I do find it funny that UNC fans have so much faith in Roy Williams as a tournament coach, still... apparently they have short memories. I still see Roy as one of the biggest March chokers of all time, and until he wins another, or at least gets to another title game, i'm going to continue questioning his abilities in the clutch.
I'll only speak for myself and say that I've been addressing the blind hate for the Heels (which, I'll admit, goes in hand withblind adoration). But specifically, those who keep claiming each next game to be a "better matchup for them" - & then not credit the Heels forbeating that team once the buzzer sounds. As far Roy... I dig you. All things equal, I'm nervous about a match of wits between Pitino and Roy. The key is,I do believe all things are equal. We're getting the exact kind of production from the players who everyone need to play better in order for us to win. Idon't know what happens tomorrow night... but geez, somebody give these guys some credit.
tired.gif
DF!!!

The Tar Heels do deserve credit for doing what they did to that Washington State defense, but I don't think anyone really thought WSU matched up reallywell with the Heels. They just don't have enough athletes.

Louisville is probably hands down the best team North Carolina will have played so far this year. They're athletic, big, physical, extremely wellcoached... The Cardinals will give the boys from Chapel Hill some problems. If Louisville continues to get quality play from their guards, they are going to bevery tough to beat.

is that L-Ville is very good playing fast AND slow.
Yup.

With UNC and the credit thing, I think it's always hard to give credit to a team that is expected to win...now they are at the point where these W'scan be impressive.

I think the fact they are expected to win...and in turn receive hate, is credit in itself.

For tonight..
Kansas
Wisconsin
Memphis
Stanford

Originally Posted by allen3xis

Cause David Padgett aint done a meaningful thing since February...

He's a better passer, that's about it.

He is one of the only players that can dominate with out having big offensive game. He has been doing this since he has came back from the knee injury.What big man will step up and take the two chargers that he did in the game yesterday maybe Hansborough. He is a leader that skill is the best skill that hehas developed.

They have been saying that UNC has gotten so much better on the defensive end. Louisville is going to expose them and Terrence Williams is going to be a bigreason why that will happen.

LETS GO LOUISVILLE!

The way I see it is if UNC keeps playing as well as they have been playing they get the W. This team has learned a lot from their disappointment last March inblowing a big lead to Georgetown. Nonetheless, I can't wait until this game starts Saturday night.

As for tonight we have some good games. I got Kansas, Wisconsin, Memphis, and Texas. Although I would not mind seeing Curry and the Wildcats do work and pullthe upset.

Back
Top Bottom