OFFICIAL MAY '14 NIKE OUTLET/WEBSITE/STORE UPDATE THREAD - DO NOT MAKE REQUESTS

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do u guys determine if sneakers are A or B grade at the outlets???

B-Grades are marked as such.

Nearly everything except Jordan retros will be A-grade... with a few exceptions here and there.

Also, "B-grade" basically doesn't mean anything.

Thank u..repped

So are all of the J retros B grades?

Apparently San leandro had some good stuff.

100 bucks..

... do you have to know someone there to get shoes like these? i have been there a few times and every time there was nothing worth noting. unless i'm just going at the wrong time...

This!

That was a straight (im connected) brag. SL is the cream of the crop when it comes to shady outlets. Go in the morning, afternoon or evening. You find the same stuff...garbage. The "good" stuff is usually held for pick up by friends and fam.

Would anyone know how to get the district manager of the SoCal Outlets number?

Today at the Jordan Toro Release at Citadel i saw and heard the manager instruct the employees to pull at least 5 pairs and place them in the back. I also saw employees walk in and out with bagged pairs.
Please do! I have suspected shady things going on at the Citadel outlet.  I can understand finds being scarce but nonexistent is another thing. I had suspected employees holding pairs/getting friends to buy pairs for them/re-selling on ebay, etc.  On this thread alone someone talked about someone returning the Lebron Denims and Powder blue Jordans  that were quickly jumped on by empoyees. Also the AM90 hyper fuse re-stock on a random monday that sold out in minutes while there was supposed to be a 2 limit per customer. 

Last edited:
Would anyone know how to get the district manager of the SoCal Outlets number?

Today at the Jordan Toro Release at Citadel i saw and heard the manager instruct the employees to pull at least 5 pairs and place them in the back. I also saw employees walk in and out with bagged pairs.

Please do! I have suspected shady things going on at the Citadel outlet.  I can understand finds being scarce but nonexistent is another thing. I had suspected employees holding pairs/getting friends to buy pairs for them/re-selling on ebay, etc.  On this thread alone someone talked about someone returning the Lebron Denims and  2 pairs of Jordans that were quickly jumped on by empoyees. Also the AM90 hyper fuse re-stock on a random monday that sold out in minutes while there was supposed to be a 2 limit per customer. 
yall do realize that every store has a raffle for employees
and sets aside a certain number of shoes so the employees can purchase

ppl tight that employees hold pairs back, i know it might be against company policy, if each of us were in the same situation and we saw some heat that came in for the low you know you would do your best to hold it back as well.

I'm just gonna tell myself the world those kobes are kids sizes hideous...

Fixed. LOL.

Duck tales

This man knows.

This!

That was a straight (im connected) brag. SL is the cream of the crop when it comes to shady outlets. Go in the morning, afternoon or evening. You find the same stuff...garbage. The "good" stuff is usually held for pick up by friends and fam.

To be fair, RUSLTLE didn't imply that he bought them, he said "apparently." I'd assume he saw the pics posted and reposted them in here, assuming they were legit and current, just to share that with the thread. But, as has been established, whoever posted those pics recently stole them and was trying to seem cool by pretending that they bought those shoes recently at SL - because those pics are old. Those pairs did land at SL, but a while ago.

...Sneaker collecting in 2014, ladies and gentlemen. People taking the time to fraudulently brag on social media about buying shoes at an outlet.

ppl tight that employees hold pairs back, i know it might be against company policy, if each of us were in the same situation and we saw some heat that came in for the low you know you would do your best to hold it back as well.

I said before, but everybody loves bragging about their "hook-ups" and then when people who are not them get hooked up, all of a sudden they have some moral awakening and are outraged. (This is not directed at Kid Lebron at all BTW).

That said, your post is irrelevant. I don't care if you or I would do the same, I'm a customer, not a Nike outlet employee. If they are acting against policy and it's hurting the customer, I want it to stop. If I had a "hook up" I'd be assuming that others would be doing their best to close that loophole as well.

Drug dealers snitch on other drug dealers all the time.

You guys really need to quit whining about shady employees at these stores. Don't you guys know it probably happens in most retail jobs? I'm sure employees get first dibs on a lot of things to a certain degree. What about radio stations who get dibs on concert tickets? Do you guys call up the CEO of ticketmaster or Live Nation and complain? It's ridiculous. Plus nike stores are probably the last of these sneaker retailers who still does it by the rules that nike sets. Employees do get to buy a certain % of the inventory but it has to be greater than a specific amount or NO pairs are sold to employees. Unlike [enter fancy boutique store name] who probably get 25 pairs and only sells 10 to the public. As for returns, nike stores take back dayum near everything and at that point it's fair game so either apply at your local nike store or get over it.The moral of the story: BUY WHAT YOU CAN AND WHAT YOU DON'T GET, JUST RELAX LIL SNEAKERHEAD AND TRUST THERE WILL BE ANOTHER FIX FOR YOU THE NEXT WEEKEND. QUIT WHINING AND DON'T SPEAK ON WHAT YOU DON'T KNOW.

You guys really need to quit whining about shady employees at these stores. Don't you guys know it probably happens in most retail jobs? I'm sure employees get first dibs on a lot of things to a certain degree. What about radio stations who get dibs on concert tickets? Do you guys call up the CEO of ticketmaster or Live Nation and complain? It's ridiculous. Plus nike stores are probably the last of these sneaker retailers who still does it by the rules that nike sets. Employees do get to buy a certain % of the inventory but it has to be greater than a specific amount or NO pairs are sold to employees. Unlike [enter fancy boutique store name] who probably get 25 pairs and only sells 10 to the public. As for returns, nike stores take back dayum near everything and at that point it's fair game so either apply at your local nike store or get over it.The moral of the story: BUY WHAT YOU CAN AND WHAT YOU DON'T GET, JUST RELAX LIL SNEAKERHEAD AND TRUST THERE WILL BE ANOTHER FIX FOR YOU THE NEXT WEEKEND. QUIT WHINING AND DON'T SPEAK ON WHAT YOU DON'T KNOW.
Truth.

I managed a record store for years.  When we started selling used CDs and DVDs,, do you know how much stuff my employees and I would buy before they ever hit the floor?  Or when the vinyl section tripled, stuff that goes for 100+ on eBay we were grabbing at retail + employee discount?  Or stuff we held for certain loyal customers?

I'll guarantee it happened more than your average Nike outlet.

To keep it thread-related, Merrimack NH got a B-grade run of the Dunk Sky Hi for women, the black with gold studs, if anyone has an interested ladyfriend.  $129.99

Apparently San leandro had some good stuff.

100 bucks..

sick.gif

I said before, but everybody loves bragging about their "hook-ups" and then when people who are not them get hooked up, all of a sudden they have some moral awakening and are outraged. (This is not directed at Kid Lebron at all BTW).

That said, your post is irrelevant. I don't care if you or I would do the same, I'm a customer, not a Nike outlet employee. If they are acting against policy and it's hurting the customer, I want it to stop. If I had a "hook up" I'd be assuming that others would be doing their best to close that loophole as well.

Drug dealers snitch on other drug dealers all the time.

I agree with most people here, employee raffles and what not are fine with me but as a customer i despise when a store blatantly teases us. Citadel had us waiting outside the store till 10am when they opened and during that time i saw jordan boxes in bags with receipts be taken to the back room. Not once did they tell us they sold out, however they allowed us to bull rush into the store when they opened. Either way it is almost inevitable, I only asked for the DM's number to gain some sort of retribution for my time wasted and maybe a change of store policy, but i very much doubt anything would come from it than a slap on the wrist.

In other news, the packer shoes sale ends today, dont sleep on the Adidas Kobe Retros at half price....

it just speaks on the nature of the sneaker culture. since everyone is a "sneaker head" these days, the chances of randomly walking into an outlet and getting lucky on a pair of kicks is damn near unheard of. can't really get anywhere without some type of hook up nowadays.

In other news, the packer shoes sale ends today, dont sleep on the Adidas Kobe Retros at half price....

damn good looks, too bad those kobes are only in big sizes now :smh:

Had a pretty good come up today at Tanger Outlets in Glendale...Normally they don't have much but I have been wanting the London AM1 and for $33 (41 + 40% off and 10% military) I am so hype....

Nike Retro Breaker was $19 and the AM95 for the little one was $19. Nike Free 3.0 for the missus was $45 after discount...

No Jordans worth mentioning but not surprising...Glendale Nike gets no heat...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom