Official May 2014 Pick Up Thread Vol. What will we be rocking for the Summer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Noticed the Dunk SB Unkle up there....and some SOMPs.  I doubled up on the SOMP and think it's one of the illest SB's in recent memorey (nicer than the Diamond High in my opinion).

...but I just wanted to comment because.......UNKLE'S WILL BE MINE......VERY SOON!!!!!!!!!!  MF DOOMS will find their way into my collection as well.

...and tomorrow, I"m gonna buy another pair of those Chinese basketball shoes that're better than anything Nike has built in a decade.  A black/white/grey CW on a high quality basketball shoe is all me...

Last edited:
Noticed the Dunk SB Unkle up there....and some SOMPs.  I doubled up on the SOMP and think it's one of the illest SB's in recent memorey (nicer than the Diamond High in my opinion).

...but I just wanted to comment because.......UNKLE'S WILL BE MINE......VERY SOON!!!!!!!!!!  MF DOOMS will find their way into my collection as well.

...and tomorrow, I"m gonna buy another pair of those Chinese basketball shoes that're better than anything Nike has built in a decade.  A black/white/grey CW on a high quality basketball shoe is all me...

SOMPS really are nice. Almost passed because of the under stated c/w but I'm glad I dident because the materials are amazing. & yea unkles are my holy grails bruh, just got em in and I love em, watch out for fakes when your hunting for your pair tho. You know they went HARD with the pink box fakes back in the day there's a lot out there. I legit checked my pair for 3 days when I got em I was so paranoid lmao. What size are you btw? I got a pair of dooms DS bookmarked for a sweeeeeeet price, I'll PM you the link if you want.

SOMPS really are nice. Almost passed because of the under stated c/w but I'm glad I dident because the materials are amazing. & yea unkles are my holy grails bruh, just got em in and I love em, watch out for fakes when your hunting for your pair tho. You know they went HARD with the pink box fakes back in the day there's a lot out there. I legit checked my pair for 3 days when I got em I was so paranoid lmao. What size are you btw? I got a pair of dooms DS bookmarked for a sweeeeeeet price, I'll PM you the link if you want.
I'm a 13.  ...and yeah, I know there are a ton of fake Dunk SB's floating around.  I'll make sure to be meticulous as hell when I do pull the trigger on Unkles and MF Dooms.  Both will have to come into my collection very, very soon.

...and as for the SOMP.  Man, I loved that shoe.  I was on the phone, calling Premier, every 10 seconds for like 2 hours...but I did get my pair....and the minute I opened them up and saw the quality I went onto ebay and doubled up.  Amazing shoe that got zero hype.  I don't understand that.  A super high quality SB, for the game's biggest BMX star, with AMAZING materials....and nobody cared.  Makes no sense.

It's almost impossible for me to cop a shoe I want for retail...but I accomplished it about 40 mins ago.  

Li-Ning Way Of Wade 2.0 (Warrior):  I can't stress this enough...so listen up.  THESE ARE THE BEST BASKETBALL SHOES ON THE PLANET, IN TERMS OF MATERIALS AND BUILD QUALITY.  STOP SLEEPING ON THEM.  GET A PAIR.  

I now have 2 pairs.  The Announcement and the Warrior.  I WILL have more WOW 2.0's.  The Overtown and 305 WILL be mine.  ...and I'm about 99% sure there will be a WOW 2.0 Encore colorway or 3 that I'll want to add to my collection as well.  ...but anyway, I just copped the most well made basketball shoe on the planet for $156 shipped.  ...and I copped The Announcement CW for $115 shipped.  I love them.  Nike can't touch it.  Jordan Brand can't touch it.  This is where the quality lives, in terms of basketball kicks, folks.  Don't sleep the next time a colorway drops.  Add @LiNingUSA on twitter....and cop some of these shoes.  Just because there ain't a swoosh on 'em don't mean they aren't worth adding to your collection.  At this point I'd feel like a fool if I DIDN'T have a couple pairs of these.  Anyone who loves a quality shoe should feel the same.  

...and, man....that BC3 vibe goes hard on this colorway.  I'm in love...

Damn, the dooms I been watching are size 12, close tho.

And yeah the somp release was a weird one. It's a pretty well respected sb now, probably because most people(that are into sb's) have either heard about that euphoria nubuck or seen it for themselfs at this point. I envy you for your double cop, that was a good call. lol.

Damn, the dooms I been watching are size 12, close tho.

And yeah the somp release was a weird one. It's a pretty well respected sb now, probably because most people(that are into sb's) have either heard about that euphoria nubuck or seen it for themselfs at this point. I envy you for your double cop, that was a good call. lol.
Man, I ruined the nubuck on the pair I actually wear.  I went to my girl's house and she was making french fries.  The splatter got onto the toe box of the right shoe....and NOTHING would remove it.  I ended up putting Dr Martens Boot Wax on them.  ...and believe it or not...they still look amazing.

Man, I ruined the nubuck on the pair I actually wear.  I went to my girl's house and she was making french fries.  The splatter got onto the toe box of the right shoe....and NOTHING would remove it.  I ended up putting Dr Martens Boot Wax on them.  ...and believe it or not...they still look amazing.

Lmao jesus. Grease, That's way worse than stepping in a puddle or getting caught out in the rain damn. Good to hear that you can still wear em tho. I always keep my sb's even after there dead, they make for some great beaters.

Lmao jesus. Grease, That's way worse than stepping in a puddle or getting caught out in the rain damn. Good to hear that you can still wear em tho. I always keep my sb's even after there dead, they make for some great beaters.
I use my older, worn out SB's to wear out & about when the weather's bad.  ...and yeah, the SOMPs broke my heart initially....but I honestly think they look just as good now.  They're different now, to be sure...but they're almost indestructible with the boot wax.  

...and sincerely, they dont' look bad at all.  They still look like a brand new, high quality Dunk SB.  It's just....well....they're a little shinier now and that beautiful nubuck is a thing of the past.

Good thing I got that second pair. :wink:

I use my older, worn out SB's to wear out & about when the weather's bad.  ...and yeah, the SOMPs broke my heart initially....but I honestly think they look just as good now.  They're different now, to be sure...but they're almost indestructible with the boot wax.  

...and sincerely, they dont' look bad at all.  They still look like a brand new, high quality Dunk SB.  It's just....well....they're a little shinier now and that beautiful nubuck is a thing of the past.

Good thing I got that second pair. :wink:

Lol I feel you. Save that second pair for a couple years tho, that's how you really kill em. As far as bad weather goes I got some ugg aderondack 2's that I've worn for 3 winters straight(don't think girl uggs, they're mens duck boots lmao) 100% water proof, lighter than timbs, vibram sole, and they lined with sheep skin so they're comfy as hell. I don't even THINK about wearing sneakers in the rain/snow etc. anymore. Lol.

Lol I feel you. Save that second pair for a couple years tho, that's how you really kill em. As far as bad weather goes I got some ugg aderondack 2's that I've worn for 3 winters straight(don't think girl uggs, they're mens duck boots lmao) 100% water proof, lighter than timbs, vibram sole, and they lined with sheep skin so they're comfy as hell. I don't even THINK about wearing sneakers in the rain/snow etc. anymore. Lol.
I ain't breaking out that DS pair of SOMPs til some time in 2017-2018.  My shoe collection is starting to get pretty ridiculous.  I'm getting to that point where deciding what to wear from one day to the next is a hassle.  ...but I ain't complaining.  I've wanted it to be this way since I was 12....and I'm 35 atm.  It's nice to FINALLY have the income to bring the pairs I want into my closet.  2 years ago I couldn't touch a pair of Unkles.  Now, as I sit here, I KNOW I will have a pair.  MF Dooms, too.  I'm just holding off for the time being, because I need to get my basketball shoe game back up to par.  I quit Jordans.  I literally have 3 pairs now...and they're all 1's.  I'm replacing all that stuff with LBJ's and Way Of Wades.  The materials and build quality on today's Jordan retro releases simply don't satisfy me.  I no longer want the shoes in my collection.  Don't get me wrong, they're still beautiful kicks.  ...but I wear my shoes.  ...and Jordan retros simply DO NOT hold up to repeated use.  In my experience over the last several years, you get about 6 wears out of a Jordan retro before it's time to pass them to a friend, sell them on ebay or simply move them down into the mud room where they officially hit beater status.

I keep a few pairs of Timblerlands on deck for when it's really bad out.  ...but I like the idea of picking up a pair of Uggs.  Thanks for the endorsement.

Nice pickups y'all
latest pickups
01 TB 3-worn but in good condition
926763_286911101482836_1982163740_n.jpg

View media item 979443

Great pickup on those NY Pennys,i have a pair in my collection,awesome sneaker

Adelpho "CooL"
Collect 4 Life
Nassau,Bahamas

well....apparently I wasn't done for the month after all....thanks to the nike.com restock tonight...and a major trade I pulled off with a friend of mine.

Air Jordan Retro X Cool Grey/Infrared 23:  I tried to cop about 2 dozen pairs in the restock tonight.....and I let anger get the best of me.  That means I basically took whatever would go into my cart that was a sz 13.  This is what I came up with.  I don't like them....but hell, I'll take 'em.

Diamond Supply Co. x Nike Dunk SB Tiffany Hi PRM:  Don't need ta say nuttin'.  HAPPY!!!!

May turned out to be kinda epic afterall...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom