OFFICIAL MAYWEATHER V. PACQUIAO FIGHT THREAD | MAY 2ND @ MGM GRAND | HBOxSHOWTIME PPV

WHO WINS?

• PBF by Decision

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Manny by Decision

• PBF by TKO/KO

• Manny by TKO/KO

• Draw

• Don't Care....I just wanna see the hands delivered

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

American company/media wise they wouldn't touch him but in Europe they were calling that dude a cheater for YEARS.....In cycling a lot of people started speaking out against him but Lance did have americans by the balls (as you alluded too)......the legend Greg Lemond even lost his company because of Lance 
mean.gif

i don't think Floyd has that kind of influence. Lance had his face draped on a billboard in time square. he was the most popular athlete in america for like a solid year. more people had livestrong bracelets than lebron jerseys. and if you accused lance, he would sue you and crush you. 

floyd is so unfiltered which makes everyone hate him. he says the most ridiculous stuff and does things that people just don't like. if anything he's the opposite of lance

No black man will have that kinda pull 
laugh.gif
 ......Obama is literally 50/50 and still gets no respect 

No black man will have that kinda pull 
laugh.gif
 ......Obama is literally 50/50 and still gets no respect 
lebron has that kind of pull. as much as i hate floyd, he basically said he was going to form his own promotion team and bet on himself to win/sell ppvs instead of give half his money to arum or king or whomever. so im rooting for pacman but floyd is underrated in his importance to boxing. or maybe overrated because he talks so much. 

Last edited:
Interesting article on Victor Conte's thoughts on USADA Drug Testing....says it isn't olympic style!

http://philboxing.com/news/story-105532.html

VICTOR CONTE CLAIMS CURRENT USADA DRUG TESTS ON PACQUIAO AND MAYWEATHER IS NOT OLYMPIC STYLE TESTING
by Ronnie Nathanielsz
philboxing.com

An expert on the use of various forms of performance enhancing drugs, Victor Conte, claims the current so-called random drug tests conducted by the US Anti Doping Agency on Floyd Mayweather Jr and Manny Pacquiao which boxing scribes continue to refer to as “Olympic Style testing” is incorrect.

Conte responded to a question from the New Standard/Viva Sports in the wake of the verbal exchanges between Pacquiao’s longtime adviser Michael Koncz and Mayweather Promotions Leonard Ellerbe after Koncz had suggested that if either fighters tests positive for a banned substance, he pays a fine of $5 million to his opponent.

Conte said “short-term comprehensive blood and urine testing” is what Mayweather and Pacquiao are doing not 24/7 365 days a year like Nonito “The Filipino Flash” Donaire under VADA, the Voluntary Anti Doping Agency as well as Olympic athletes.

He told us that “if a boxer is allowed to determine the start date of the testing, then they can use PEDS and then taper off and begin testing,”

Conte posed the question “what were the boxers doing for the two months before the six weeks of testing before a fight begins” insinuating that it could mean a PED green light.

The expert explained that a boxer “could use PEDs for two months and taper off for two weeks before testing begins for six weeks and still receive benefits at fight time.

He claimed the reason the testing Mayweather and Pacquiao are doing is NOT as effective as 24/7 all year round is because Mayweather determined the start date.

At the same time Conte warned that “it's important for the boxing world to understand that PEDS can have long lasting carry over effects upon performance after use.”

The founder and president of BALCO, a sports nutrition center in California, Conte served time in prison in 2005 after pleading guilty to conspiracy to distribute steroids and money laundering.

After serving a prison term Conte developed sports supplements that are legal to use and has been in the forefront of efforts to clean up sports.

Conte for some time worked with Nonito “The Filipino Flash” Donaire who enrolled some years ago in a year round random drug testing program of VADA and is now reportedly working with Zab Judah, a sparring partner of Mayweather and Andre Berto.

Read this same article here:
http://www.boxingscene.com/mayweather-pacquiao-ped-testing-conte-chimes---88757

I've been saying it since way earlier in this thread. USADA is a joke. VADA should've been the ones appointed to do the testing.
USADA is under payroll.

-Drew

lebron has that kind of pull. as much as i hate floyd, he basically said he was going to form his own promotion team and bet on himself to win/sell ppvs instead of give half his money to arum or king or whomever. so im rooting for pacman but floyd is underrated in his importance to boxing. or maybe overrated because he talks so much. 
He definitely bet on himself. No endorsements while still having the exposure/success and at the top of the sport is noteworthy. Floyd is laying the blueprint for others to follow. His business moves outside of the ring is underrated. Earlier in his career I agree Floyd was brash early on, but I think he saw the opportunity to market his self as the villain and cash in on it knowing he would disliked by many that would still buy his fights to see him lose or better yet get knocked out.

Floyd importance to boxing is undeniable currently. Fighters get there biggest payday fighting him, Boxing gets the attention front and center, and I would think help increases revenue for the MGM Grand and Vegas in general at least for that week leading up to fight night.

Last edited:

He definitely bet on himself. No endorsements while still having the exposure/success and at the top of the sport is noteworthy. Floyd is laying the blueprint for others to follow. His business moves outside of the ring is underrated. Earlier in his career I agree Floyd was brash early on, but I think he saw the opportunity to market his self as the villain and cash in on it knowing he would disliked by many that would still buy his fights to see him lose or better yet get knocked out.

Floyd importance to boxing is undeniable currently. Fighters get there biggest payday fighting him, Boxing gets the attention front and center, and I would think help increases revenue for the MGM Grand and Vegas in general at least for that week leading up to fight night.
floyd's imposrtance to boxing in history is undeniable. he cut out the middlemen. he didn't really make a blueprint because its impossible to replicate (see adrien broner). and even though the knock on him is he picks his fighters, he clowned canelo near the end of his career. if floyd decisively beats manny twice, he's in convo for goat 

floyd's imposrtance to boxing in history is undeniable. he cut out the middlemen. he didn't really make a blueprint because its impossible to replicate (see adrien broner). and even though the knock on him is he picks his fighters, he clowned canelo near the end of his career. if floyd decisively beats manny twice, he's TBE

floyd's imposrtance to boxing in history is undeniable. he cut out the middlemen. he didn't really make a blueprint because its impossible to replicate (see adrien broner). and even though the knock on him is he picks his fighters, he clowned canelo near the end of his career. if floyd decisively beats manny twice, he's in convo for goat 
I speaking more to cutting out the middleman, as I think it just opened up a lot of opportunities for him in and out the ring. Manny would've been that way as well, not quite sure why he just stuck with Arum. He don't need him.

I speaking more to cutting out the middleman, as I think it just opened up a lot of opportunities for him in and out the ring. Manny would've been that way as well, not quite sure why he just stuck with Arum. He don't need him.
actually i guess de la hoya did that before floyd haha. but manny stuck to arum for the same reasons as ali/tyson/holyfield/lewis always had don king around. boxing is just a dead sport with a funeral coming up 

Last edited:

actually i guess de la hoya did that before floyd haha. but manny stuck to arum for the same reasons as ali/tyson/holyfield/lewis always had don king around. boxing is just a dead sport with a funeral coming up 
Hopefully not. Let's see who will be next to carry boxing forward.

manny is clearly not business savy or wise with money at all. biggest heart ever, but loyal to a fault. this is a world of snakes. nice guys get taken advantage of. at the end of the day he has whats truly valuable. i commend that. but he needs to smarten up

Last edited:

manny is clearly not business savy or wise with money at all. biggest heart ever, but loyal to a fault. this is a world of snakes. nice guys get taken advantage of. at the end of the day he has whats truly valuable. i commend that. but he needs to smarten up

This is true; I completely applaud Floyd for making sure that nobody was dipping into his fortune once he became the huge draw that he is now.

QFT

Last edited:

This is true; I completely applaud Floyd for making sure that nobody was dipping into his fortune once he became the huge draw that he is now.
It must stings Arum to see Floyd have that type of success considering the way things ended between them.

Last edited:
I've always said the bickering between these 2 about drug testing was nonsense. 365/24/7 should be the standard for all drug testing. How are you only gonna do drug testing 2 months within fight night? What's the point? Any competent S&C coach can cycle your PEDs out with a fixed timeframe. :smh:

Last edited:
I think I read I am article or documentary that Manny doesn't really care that he spends all this money to take care of his people...

Said something like "it's still beyond more than I ever had to begin with" :smokin

This is a truly nice genuine person! I hope nothing but the best for him after boxing!

Read this same article here:
http://www.boxingscene.com/mayweather-pacquiao-ped-testing-conte-chimes---88757

I've been saying it since way earlier in this thread. USADA is a joke. VADA should've been the ones appointed to do the testing.

USADA is under payroll.

-Drew

maybe floyd has been purposely holding back and not knocking people out because he's been juicing this entire time... i don't buy it at all. what's 5 mil when both will make almost 100 mil 

Exactly what I've been saying, bro. It's a hard thing to believe.

Floyd is definitely a great businessman. :smokin

I've always said the bickering between these 2 about drug testing was nonsense. 365/24/7 should be the standard for all drug testing. How are you only gonna do drug testing 2 months within fight night? What's the point? Any competent S&C coach can cycle your PEDs out with a fixed timeframe. :smh:

Exactly. No point at all in the testing anymore. :smh:

-Drew

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom