Official Mayweather vs. Mosley Thread: Legacy Defining

first time i really seen mayweather on offense instead of defense. i dont see how many can beat this guy

Get em Money!!!

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by BTK

mayweather is overrated and when it comes time to face adversity, he folds and turns to strategic schemes to give him the edge. Pacquaio is pound for pound the best to ever do it. Better than ali, tyson and this bag of ****ery, mayweather
laugh.gif
Ignored

is there any link i can catch a replay?

i was with my chic all night doen the grown.

Originally Posted by BTK

mayweather is overrated and when it comes time to face adversity, he folds and turns to strategic schemes to give him the edge. Pacquaio is pound for pound the best to ever do it. Better than ali, tyson and this bag of ****ery, mayweather

What will you say if and when Mayweather beats Pac tho?

Originally Posted by BTK

28latly.gif

Originally Posted by NuMba1KiCkrocka

Originally Posted by BTK

What will you say if and when Mayweather beats Pac tho?

He'll come up with something just as ludicrous... I'm already hearing the barrage of downplaying the Mosely beat down he just gave..

Originally Posted by BTK

you sound real mad
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by BeatJunkie5

Originally Posted by K I N G x B

Originally Posted by BeatJunkie5

Originally Posted by K I N G x B

Originally Posted by Sloane Kettering

laugh.gif
@ many of the posts in the past 4 pgs...
smh.gif
...I don't know how you could say this fight was boring...its funny how the last 3 dudes MM was to face would be his most difficult challenge and look how those turned out...and of course its always excuses as to why he won..
smh.gif
...then when he beats Manny it gonna be oh manny too small, he suppose to beat him...dudes are comedy...you may hate if you want but he is def top 3 if not the best of the past 25 yrs...

same can be said about manny according to nt he was suppose to get dropped the passed 3 fights 

but now its cuz of steroids
I'm a Manny fan, but you gotta give credit where credit is due...Mayweather is #1 P4P in my eyes, he is too technically sound as a boxer to not be the best. Would I like to see Manny lay him out? Yea I would..but that boy Floyd is killin...accurate puncher, very fast with the hands, very smart fighter, and today he just looking all for the counter-punch...he came out and attacked, and he stepped back when he needed to step back..on another note though, I ain't ever seen Floyd buckle and grab on before
eek.gif
but he did over-come it and did so convincingly

Now do I think Pacquiao is on the roids? naah...my dude said he didn't even know what those were in one interview..I didn't believe him at first, but then on Jimmy Kimmel I think he said he didn't even really know what Pac-man was either, so I believe him
laugh.gif

im not discrediting anything pbf has done today or in the past

dude was just saying that people were making excuses for why he won 

n i was just pointing out that it goes both ways
Yea, I see what your sayin...it really does go both ways...but thats what happens when your at the top of your game, people will always be there trying to make excuses for greatness..

In Pacquiao's case they say he's on steroids now....
ohwell.gif

For Floyd they'll say why didn't he take this fight years a go when Shane was younger?
ohwell.gif

I rememebr Floyd tried fighting him not once, but twice years ago and Mosley didn't want to

I think the the main difference between a Mayweather & Mosley fight and a Manny & Mayweather fight is that Pacquaio wont get his will broken.

Mayweather has a tendeacy to fustrate a fighter so much he breack's their will...
I mean you saw last night...shane was a beaten man by the 8th...

I'm about a million percent sure that won't happen with Pacquaio...

On another note: Which win was more impressive...

Mayweather beating Mosley...
Pacquaio beating Cotto?

I think I gotta go with Mayweather...

PBF overrated?...
laugh.gif
smh.gif
...btw I did not think for a sec that Hatton or Clottey was gonna beat Pacman or DLH would do a Mosley act...I thougt Clottey was goin to be a tougher fight...instead he went into the fetal position...I wouldn't say I think he on roids and that's what got him over the last 3 guys, but when you let upwards of 50M walk because of drawing blood, that has to raise a red flag...%%+* if Mosley did it for 7M, Manny can do it for 7x that amt if there's nuttin to hide...

LOL dude said when faced with adversity he turns to strategic schemes LOL

what else is he suppose to do fight DUMB!?

Originally Posted by Dapper D

I think the the main difference between a Mayweather & Mosley fight and a Manny & Mayweather fight is that Pacquaio wont get his will broken.

Mayweather has a tendeacy to fustrate a fighter so much he breack's their will...
I mean you saw last night...shane was a beaten man by the 8th...

I'm about a million percent sure that won't happen with Pacquaio...

On another note: Which win was more impressive...

Mayweather beating Mosley...
Pacquaio beating Cotto?

I think I gotta go with Mayweather...
I don't know man...Floyd beating Shane was very impressive, but I'm not sure what kind of fighter Cotto is at the moment. After the Margarito fight I don't know if he's the same fighter he was before that...I don't really count that loss to Margarito as a an L for Cotto, so to me Pacquiao was the first legit loss..but either way both wins very impressive...

But your right about Pacquiao not letting his will broken, I think the only thing that makes the fight so interesting is that Floyd can adjust so well to the opponents style...but then Pacquiao just doesn't have a real style
laugh.gif
dude swings off blance and is all about the combo's...where as Floyd is just about as pure of a boxer as we've seen in our generation, always balanced, always ready with a counter, always connecting...

Originally Posted by BTK

61235c9ced163a674771ed9d9475e7e565b453a.gif

Just posted this in the other thread, but here's my take:

Real rap... Mayweather is unbeatable by anyone in boxing right now.

His defense is what people can't get past.

He blocks with his shoulder almost covering his face and he's tucked away like a turtle in a shell.

His right arm/hand is behind him with his stance so even if a fighter does get close to hit him he's ready to counter without even having to worry about any type of damage because they're going to hit his shoulder anyway.

Real talk he'd wipe the floor with Pacman... and it's not even close.

Manny has power and everything, but he's so short and he throws a lot of power shots and Mayweather is going to make him punish.

For a fighter to beat Floyd he's going to have to have tip top conditioning, be able to chase him around/down for 12 rounds, keep pressure on him, and try to be as technical as Floyd... it's not going to happen unless you clone Floyd... and he'd still probably win.

He's cocky as hell, but you know what... he's able to back him up.

One more thing... Shane is so stupid man he had his chance to close the fight out in the 2nd round and he kind of eased off or he got tired or something. After the 2nd big shot where he buckled Floyd's leg he should have straight went for the kill and went all out not giving a F if he gets countered and knocked out. Instead I see he put Mayweather up against the ropes and hitting Floyd with some barely hard baby punches to the ab and body... W T F was he thinking man.

Mayweather recouped from that perfectly though he held on and waited until he was good and just weathered that round... after that Floyd was straight to business for real. It was like that 2nd round opened his eyes and he just dominated from there on out.

Hats off to Floyd though.

The only thing we can really base a comparison with Manny and Floyd are their two fights with Hatton and De La Hoya.

Originally Posted by Stillmatic23

The only thing we can really base a comparison with Manny and Floyd are their two fights with Hatton and De La Hoya.

I don't think you can compare those fights because Mayweather fought De la Hayo a year before Manny, and he fought Hatton 2 years before Manny. In boxing those time difference matter.

Originally Posted by BTK

Exhibit A:  Prototypical Pacquiao stan with 0 boxing knowledge

Maan..Round 2 was killer for Mosley..imagine if he had worn Reyes gloves, Money would have gone down for sure. But Mayweather was smart to hold on like that. If Manny had landed those punches, he would have gone in n out and just go all out at that point.

Originally Posted by aepps20

Originally Posted by BTK

28latly.gif

Back
Top Bottom