[| -- Official Miami Heat @ Chicago Bulls 8PM EST on TNT -- |]

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

So DJ Mbenga or Joel Anthony has a wide open shot, they should take it?

More times than not those guys are open for a reason, the opposition would much rather them take the shot than the superstar.

Like I said before, you don't look at data.Guys shooting off of assisted shots shoot alot higher %s, and that's what these role players often do when someone else creates shots for them (or gets a offensive putback). If I was the opposing coach, I would absolutely rather the star shoot a contested shot over three defenders. The league as a whole shoots 30% with game winning shots anyway. If your star is dumb enough to not know how to get the ball to an open teammate to knock down a wide-open look and rather hoists up a look in triple coverage then your strategy is unsound.

More times than not those guys are open for a reason, the opposition would much rather them take the shot than the superstar.

Like I said before, you don't look at data.Guys shooting off of assisted shots shoot alot higher %s, and that's what these role players often do when someone else creates shots for them (or gets a offensive putback). If I was the opposing coach, I would absolutely rather the star shoot a contested shot over three defenders. The league as a whole shoots 30% with game winning shots anyway. If your star is dumb enough to not know how to get the ball to an open teammate to knock down a wide-open look and rather hoists up a look in triple coverage then your strategy is unsound.

nyk buc wrote: 

but bosh will get a mouthful from lebron and wade

indifferent.gif

laugh.gif
 what???/
let say, you are down by 3 points and you are a super star that demands a double team... you are a 33% 3 point shooter and have 2 players that shoot 55% from the 3... if you get one of them wide open because you got double teamed, you should still take the shot?... the player what is open with the higher % should take the shot, not the super star.... 

by your explanation... D12 should shoot a 3 pointer being down by 3 because he is the super star?.. 99/100 times right?
laugh.gif
sick.gif

laugh.gif
 what???/
let say, you are down by 3 points and you are a super star that demands a double team... you are a 33% 3 point shooter and have 2 players that shoot 55% from the 3... if you get one of them wide open because you got double teamed, you should still take the shot?... the player what is open with the higher % should take the shot, not the super star.... 

by your explanation... D12 should shoot a 3 pointer being down by 3 because he is the super star?.. 99/100 times right?
laugh.gif
sick.gif

Originally Posted by nyk buc

Originally Posted by amel223

Originally Posted by HANNSUM

no need for doubling rose ever when bron is guarding him...this goes to every player in the nba, just focus on your man

Yea true.  Lebron looked like he could've contested or blocked that.  Oh well. 
happy.gif
d-rose was 2-8 with bron guarding him in the 4th. what was wade thinking?

expect bron to guard rose more next time. rose will struggle to score against him

yeah next time. bosh will brick all of his shots again. 

Originally Posted by nyk buc

Originally Posted by amel223

Originally Posted by HANNSUM

no need for doubling rose ever when bron is guarding him...this goes to every player in the nba, just focus on your man

Yea true.  Lebron looked like he could've contested or blocked that.  Oh well. 
happy.gif
d-rose was 2-8 with bron guarding him in the 4th. what was wade thinking?

expect bron to guard rose more next time. rose will struggle to score against him

yeah next time. bosh will brick all of his shots again. 

Originally Posted by YoungTriz

laugh.gif
 what???/

laugh.gif
sick.gif

What else do you think he would say? His team features a player who ALWAYS takes that shot no matter what. And he shoots just the league average with it.By the way, he also wasn't watching the game tonight when Rose passed to a wide-open Deng to three instead of jack up a contested shot with LBJ in his grill.

Originally Posted by YoungTriz

laugh.gif
 what???/

laugh.gif
sick.gif

What else do you think he would say? His team features a player who ALWAYS takes that shot no matter what. And he shoots just the league average with it.By the way, he also wasn't watching the game tonight when Rose passed to a wide-open Deng to three instead of jack up a contested shot with LBJ in his grill.

Don't know why D12 would be outside trying to attempt a 3 outside of the All-Star game, but...

Damn skippy I want them to take the stars to take the shot, I already said I don't care about the percentages I want them shooting at the end of the game and want them to want to take the shot at the end of the game if it's there. D-Wade shoots 31%, #24 shoots 32%, and Melo shoots 33% from three. If everyone else is covered, and they aren't WIDE open I want them guys taking the shot rather than Eddie House, Fish, or Affalo cause even with great D they can get a good look.

Don't know why D12 would be outside trying to attempt a 3 outside of the All-Star game, but...

Damn skippy I want them to take the stars to take the shot, I already said I don't care about the percentages I want them shooting at the end of the game and want them to want to take the shot at the end of the game if it's there. D-Wade shoots 31%, #24 shoots 32%, and Melo shoots 33% from three. If everyone else is covered, and they aren't WIDE open I want them guys taking the shot rather than Eddie House, Fish, or Affalo cause even with great D they can get a good look.

99% of the time d wade does get double teamed at the end of games when down by 3.. have you not watched the last 2 seasons?... i brought D12 in because you try to bring in joel anthony... if any star is wide open they are gonna take the shot, but if there is a BETTER OPTION then the better option is the right one...  
you are probably just a fan of a player and not a fan of a team.... i wanna see the team win, not a favorite player make the big play...

99% of the time d wade does get double teamed at the end of games when down by 3.. have you not watched the last 2 seasons?... i brought D12 in because you try to bring in joel anthony... if any star is wide open they are gonna take the shot, but if there is a BETTER OPTION then the better option is the right one...  
you are probably just a fan of a player and not a fan of a team.... i wanna see the team win, not a favorite player make the big play...

Damn skippy I want them to take the stars to take the shot, I already said I don't care about the percentages I want them shooting at the end of the game and want them to want to take the shot at the end of the game if it's there.

Your choice not to care for actual evidence.Just know that what you're arguing is wrong.

Damn skippy I want them to take the stars to take the shot, I already said I don't care about the percentages I want them shooting at the end of the game and want them to want to take the shot at the end of the game if it's there.

Your choice not to care for actual evidence.Just know that what you're arguing is wrong.

Back
Top Bottom