Official Mitchell and Ness Thread: Jerseys, Hats, Shirts, Shorts, Questions POST EM UP

Part 2 of officially giving up on M&N. How many players have people requested they make/remake and they wanna do this?

Screen Shot 2019-05-26 at 11.02.09 PM.png

It's cuz we in the finals. They tryna cash in on the Raps.

Part 2 of officially giving up on M&N. How many players have people requested they make/remake and they wanna do this?

Screen Shot 2019-05-26 at 11.02.09 PM.png

I remember watching that game on TV. I was like "wow, Master P is not bad".

Vince and them were going "Ungggggghhhhh" at the bench after every Master P play.

Mavs were gonna offer him a contract and his agent told him he could go home, then the Mavs were mad he wasn't there and changed their mind cause they already had doubts about bringing him in with his image.

I think they also said the Hornets wanted to sign him but they had issues with his image and didn't think it was a good look for them.

Mavs were gonna offer him a contract and his agent told him he could go home, then the Mavs were mad he wasn't there and changed their mind cause they already had doubts about bringing him in with his image.

I think they also said the Hornets wanted to sign him but they had issues with his image and didn't think it was a good look for them.
He played a few games for the Hornets. I actually remember that more from my childhood than his time with the Raps.

Reality check here.

It had nothing to do with his image. Master P or Percy Miller as he was identified during his brief failed NBA exhibition stint was not a qualified NBA player period. He averaged under 2 points in his preseason games. That clearly doesn't qualify as NBA capable realistically. That's not even good enough to come off the bench.

The guy was living as a rich rap star at that period in his life and career, it would be practically impossible for him to just walk into the NBA automatically despite the fact he supposedly excelled on the amateur level in high school and briefly in college before he sustained a major injury. The guy was out of shape and not in proper NBA condition all those years being inactive from playing ball and being a rap star. No training and lack of practice due to lifestyle will not bode well for anyone trying to make the NBA.

Reality check here.

It had nothing to do with his image. Master P or Percy Miller as he was identified during his brief failed NBA exhibition stint was not a qualified NBA player period. He averaged under 2 points in his preseason games. That clearly doesn't qualify as NBA capable realistically. That's not even good enough to come off the bench.

The guy was living as a rich rap star at that period in his life and career, it would be practically impossible for him to just walk into the NBA automatically despite the fact he supposedly excelled on the amateur level in high school and briefly in college before he sustained a major injury. The guy was out of shape and not in proper NBA condition all those years being inactive from playing ball and being a rap star. No training and lack of practice due to lifestyle will not bode well for anyone trying to make the NBA.

I’m just repeating what I read. The Mavs wanted him, their ticket sales were low and they weren’t good. His agent could be making that up. I’m not gonna google it but a few places said the Mavs and Hornets had interest in him.

I’m just repeating what I read. The Mavs wanted him, their ticket sales were low and they weren’t good. His agent could be making that up. I’m not gonna google it but a few places said the Mavs and Hornets had interest in him.

No problem. And no disagreement here from me. I'm just stating facts based on being an experienced NBA fan for a long time now. I'm also going off logic.

I definitely believe that Hornets preseason stint was a gimmick for ticket sales especially since fans ignore preseason because it's irrelevant and full of a bunch of no-name players who will be cut realistically. And Hornets really fell off by the late '90s because the marquee cornerstone players were gone by then, Larry Johnson & Alonzo Mourning.

Let's be realistic, someone like Master P living like a rap star where situations and people cater to him will naturally make him live a complacent lifestyle so that means he spent years not honing himself with whatever skill he had. He didn't have it down to a craft basically. So logically he had less than zero chance of making a NBA roster because he was competing with guys who fully committed themselves to practicing daily and confining themselves in a gym when they weren't in a NBA arena.

Master P's dream of transitioning from a rap star to NBA player was only that, a dream. It only happens in the movies, not real life.

Exactly. I remember catching a couple of his preseason games. He wasn't an NBA caliber player at all. No real talent. It was just a gimmick. I never took his little stint seriously. Always thought they let him on the team's as a hook up, so he could live out his dreams.

All that being said, if M&N wastes time and resources making a P. Miler jersey, I’m gonna need a few words with them smh :smh:

Here are the total stats I could find for his NBA career (all pre season games): 8 games (2 with Charlotte, 6 with Toronto): 31 minutes total, 15 points, 4-16 from the field, 3 rebounds, 2 assists, 4 turnovers and 5 personal fouls. Yeah I wanna spend $300 on this jersey. He had one game (you can find the highlights on youtube) where he scored 8 of those points, so he had one game where he wasn't horrible. Information was taken from this article:

https://www.complex.com/sports/2015/08/master-p-nba-career-oral-history

There’s probably literally hundreds of players I’d rather have a jersey of that M&N hasn’t done yet. Zero interest in a Master P jersey when there’s so many unused players or players who haven’t been done in several years.

Back
Top Bottom