Official Mitchell and Ness Thread: Jerseys, Hats, Shirts, Shorts, Questions POST EM UP

I’m keeping mine and it doesn’t bother me. On mine it’s a little more centered a quarter of an inch or so, but it looks more because of the diamond being smaller on the white. It’s an optical illusion, and everyone mentioning logos being off center is making everyone paranoid as a mother.

Attachments

• 67A6463E-90FA-4BED-9B05-21D6A450FB08.jpeg
    67A6463E-90FA-4BED-9B05-21D6A450FB08.jpeg
    227.2 KB · Views: 202
I’m keeping mine and it doesn’t bother me. On mine it’s a little more centered a quarter of an inch or so, but it looks more because of the diamond being smaller on the white. It’s an optical illusion, and everyone mentioning logos being off center is making everyone paranoid as a mother.

Depends on the size of shorts u ordered

Unfortunately these Bulls shorts have the kneecap logo that was present on the mass produced Lakers authentic shorts.

Here's the game they wore them in.

You are the man for finding this video! I collect 50th anniversary gamers, so this interests me very much, as I believe I own one of the jerseys worn this game. The numbers on the Lakers jerseys are very thick and blocky, like they are on the Kobe example shown earlier. Kobe didn't play this game, but he did wear the jersey on the bench. Teams that wore these throwbacks this season seemed to wear them for a few games, but I haven't been able to find any record of the Lakers wearing these aside from this game.

IMG_3939.png
Screen Shot 2020-08-23 at 1.17.25 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-08-23 at 1.20.22 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-08-23 at 12.47.51 PM.png

I'm so glad I waited many years for Mitchell & Ness to make rookie year jerseys of Michael Jordan due to my maniacal affinity for quality and details.

Those Nike rehash versions that came out in 2004 were piss poor in quality and detail. Anyone who still has that crap needs to get rid of them and replace them with the Mitchell & Ness versions. They weren't good initially when they came out 16 years ago, they ain't going to be good now and going forward.

Like the Nike version of the red Bulls Jordan jersey with the cursive script had the number 23 terribly misplaced by placing it higher right beneath the Chicago script when it should have been lower to the bottom of the jersey. The ink used for those crappy Nike rehashes looked like they used colorized Liquid Paper whiteout to paint on them. And the mesh material used for them was so thin and looked cheap. They just looked like fakes to me with a Nike label on them instead.

It should have been common sense those Nike versions wouldn't be good. How the F are you going to expect them to accurately replicate jerseys with good quality when they can't even properly rehash their own damn iconic pairs of Jordans themselves all those years?

Keeping my Nike one til the day I die.

Sorry I had to go in on them because you're cool with me on here. Those things just bugged me.

Although you're satisfied with them, I recommend the Mitchell & Ness versions if you can get them for under retail so you can see the difference. So why not have both versions?

I don't understand the bashing on the Nike HWC retros. Those 2003-04 Nike versions are WAY good quality. Made in El Salvador. Dimple mesh with real quality twill work... I regret selling mine also.

Good work on the video photos.I thought I had photos of the actual Van Exel auction jersey. I'll have to find it....

I don't understand the bashing on the Nike HWC retros. Those 2003-04 Nike versions are WAY good quality. Made in El Salvador. Dimple mesh with real quality twill work... I regret selling mine also.

Good work on the video photos.I thought I had photos of the actual Van Exel auction jersey. I'll have to find it....

I have pics of the Byron Scott one

Screen Shot 2020-08-23 at 4.44.25 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-08-23 at 4.44.30 PM.png

My GF at the time bought me one in '04. I was cleaning out some old clothes and I stuffed it in the same bag I was donating to those collections bins in 2011. I probably did it out of spite. I regret it.

One of my biggest jersey regrets was not getting one from $80 during their clearance sale in a sz 48, they were $400+ before his death.

He was referring to the Nike version Jordan jerseys from 2004, not a Kobe jersey.

I have pics of the Byron Scott one

Screen Shot 2020-08-23 at 4.44.25 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-08-23 at 4.44.30 PM.png

Thanks for giving us a somewhat viable resource.

Any chance the Kobe authentics go on sale for Mamba Day?

Hello no, not when they know they can make maximum profit in the aftermath of his death because this is a corporation we're dealing with.

My GF at the time bought me one in '04. I was cleaning out some old clothes and I stuffed it in the same bag I was donating to those collections bins in 2011. I probably did it out of spite. I regret it.

I can sympathize with you because I encountered a loser and a b*%@! on separate occasions years ago and I had potential gifts for them. But when I learned what kind of piece of 💩 individuals they were before even spending time with either, I purged those items for useful things. So you never want a memento that's tied to someone who was detrimental to you.

You only f'd up with that because you would have made total profit regardless of whatever amount had you sold it since it was a gift. You could see it as profiting off suffering from a detrimental person in retrospect now.

I would love love LOVE if they did the 03-04 HWC jersey but since they make the inaccurate rookie.. we know they wont

that would be first day cop

I had the pinwheel for that jersey back then. It was nice

Yeah at that time there was only 1 rare fire New Era to go with it, from Total Sports in Philly. Was the regular Lakers logo and the colour blocking was perfect. It was actually was for the home version of that jersey (Jerry West). But worked just as good for the away Jerry West or that Fab Kobe. White front and back, royal/baby blue/white logo, royal side panels, royal brim. If you were around NT during that era, NTer King Crop was the only one I saw with it on here.

I eventually found an all royal New Era one for the jersey with that Los Angeles script on the front.

Back
Top Bottom