Official Mitchell and Ness Thread: Jerseys, Hats, Shirts, Shorts, Questions POST EM UP

I'm going to make my 5000th post on this site about this Lakers Shaquille O'Neal jersey I got recently.

I can't believe it took me a long time to finally get a Shaq jersey since I'm a Lakers fan. He will always be a Lakers legend and a significant part of their lore, so it was only right for me to have a Shaq jersey in my possession. I hope to get other variations of Lakers jerseys of him as long as I can get a favorable deal.
IMG_5839.JPG
IMG_5840.JPG

The funny thing is I actually had the Nike version of a Lakers Shaq authentic jersey in the late '90s when they got the NBA license in the 1997-98 season. I recall Nike Lakers authentic jerseys in this style were saturated in stores around L.A. I have no idea why I didn't keep mine.

not sure if both of my shorts shipped... will have to check my CC tomorrow because for now the charge fell off...if only half was charged then i just got the homes only... either way ill be happy... my only regret is not waiting for the home pair to drop to 40%
1643382872522.png

Does anyone else distrust the M&N website when it comes to availability of items? They canceled my last two orders (C. Woodson and Penny Jerseys) in my size but when I look at their website my size was still in stock.

Does anyone else distrust the M&N website when it comes to availability of items? They canceled my last two orders (C. Woodson and Penny Jerseys) in my size but when I look at their website my size was still in stock.
i wouldn’t say they’re doing anything flagrant when it come to the availability of stuff on the website

i just think their website is trash in general and especially when these sales go live it has a hard time keeping up with updating stock on product pages when things actually sell out

that same thing has happened to me before and no matter how many times i placed an order for the jersey i wanted it kept getting canceled

Last edited:
i wouldn’t say they’re doing anything flagrant when it come to the availability of stuff on the website

i just think their website is trash in general and especially when these sales go live it has a hard time keeping up with updating stock on product pages when things actually sell out

that same thing has happened to me before and no matter how many times i placed an order for the jersey i wanted it kept getting canceled

Same here. Tried to order a Bulls letterman on clearance multiple times. Each time it got cancelled and then reappeared. Was told it was never available when I reached out.

The site is just complete and utter trash. Their return policy, making you send in multiple photos to "approve" a return, is ****in' ridiculous. Removing free shipping after a certain dollar amount is such a ripoff. And quality is down as well.

They need a viable competitor. Ebbetts Field should pick up the retro NHL license along with making MLB jerseys. I have an Ebbetts Field Bears jersey coming in that I'm excited for. Actually MIUSA.

^ how do you even know if your order was cancelled? I ordered raptors shorts and they never shipped... i waited a month thinking they were going to ship but never did so i contacted customer service only for them to tell me my order was cancelled... when i checked my order status online it said processing... so ya customer service there is trash... you cant even talk to anyone on the phone

Same here. Tried to order a Bulls letterman on clearance multiple times. Each time it got cancelled and then reappeared. Was told it was never available when I reached out.

The site is just complete and utter trash. Their return policy, making you send in multiple photos to "approve" a return, is ****in' ridiculous. Removing free shipping after a certain dollar amount is such a ripoff. And quality is down as well.

They need a viable competitor. Ebbetts Field should pick up the retro NHL license along with making MLB jerseys. I have an Ebbetts Field Bears jersey coming in that I'm excited for. Actually MIUSA.
EFF has been focused on their hat collection but making moves slowly to expand. If we think M&N is pricey EFF def dont get any better.

However, I was never big into the football side so my focus has been mainly baseball.

EFF has been focused on their hat collection but making moves slowly to expand. If we think M&N is pricey EFF def dont get any better.

However, I was never big into the football side so my focus has been mainly baseball.
From what I’ve seen and heard the quality and replication of the real thing is spot on

At the very least, their Negro League jerseys are around 200. But yeah, the NFL jerseys are 350. Again, though, although I do not have it in hand, I like that the NFL jerseys are made in USA, and I love the quality of the baseball jerseys and hats.

Also, they take months to ship, so I don't like that aspect either. My point is just that M&N may need more competition so that they aren't so comfortable with charging more and more for less and less along with ****ty customer service. Maybe Red Jacket/American Needle, 47 Brand, 19nine, or another brand might someday make the move into licensed retro jerseys too?

At the very least, their Negro League jerseys are around 200. But yeah, the NFL jerseys are 350. Again, though, although I do not have it in hand, I like that the NFL jerseys are made in USA, and I love the quality of the baseball jerseys and hats.

Also, they take months to ship, so I don't like that aspect either. My point is just that M&N may need more competition so that they aren't so comfortable with charging more and more for less and less along with ****ty customer service. Maybe Red Jacket/American Needle, 47 Brand, 19nine, or another brand might someday make the move into licensed retro jerseys too?
I agree. Personally, I think the biggest flaw for M&N is their warehouse staff in Irvine operating completely outside of any layer of customer support, be it website or flagship store employees.

Returns are HUGE hassle and at their full discretion.

Their website return policy states "Markdowns are final sale and may not be returned for refunds or exchanges" so any "markdowns" actually have "final sale" labeled during the purchasing process

What about full priced item that was part of a promotional sale? the website dont say squat, yet the return card that comes with your order states "ALL SALE and/or PROMOTIONAL items are non-refundable"

"PROMOTIONAL items are non-refundable" was never disclosed until the order is received and I think that's complete BS and i am 110% sure im not the only person dealing with this.

Allen Iverson was my idol. And then being a fan of Kobe is how I began to like both teams. Back in the early 2000s everything I had was a 52 and I sold. Back then I probably needed a 44. Now I actually wear a 52.

Thanks for elaborating about your fandom. That's a cool story. And that's understandable because the Lakers & 76ers weren't rivals by the time their careers intertwined. Those teams only had a rivalry in the early '80s because they faced each other three times in the NBA Finals.

It's funny with sizing because it makes sense since we get older and gain a little weight. I see you went through that phase of wearing clothes way too big, but a lot of us are guilty of that during that period.

I hope that Bird jersey you got isn't way too big because that was a common problem plaguing Mitchell & Ness jerseys from the early 2000s. It's like they didn't get it right with their sizing templates to make jerseys during that period. I had some size 52 jerseys from that period that fit more like a 56 or larger despite them being labeled a 52. At least your Bird jersey will have better quality and workmanship.

got my cancel email for the road Knicks shorts... at least I know what's going on..they better charge me for half the order with the 30% off

Thanks for elaborating about your fandom. That's a cool story. And that's understandable because the Lakers & 76ers weren't rivals by the time their careers intertwined. Those teams only had a rivalry in the early '80s because they faced each other three times in the NBA Finals.

It's funny with sizing because it makes sense since we get older and gain a little weight. I see you went through that phase of wearing clothes way too big, but a lot of us are guilty of that during that period.

I hope that Bird jersey you got isn't way too big because that was a common problem plaguing Mitchell & Ness jerseys from the early 2000s. It's like they didn't get it right with their sizing templates to make jerseys during that period. I had some size 52 jerseys from that period that fit more like a 56 or larger despite them being labeled a 52. At least your Bird jersey will have better quality and workmanship.
I hope it does fit. I recently bought an older run Chris Webber in a 54. I can tell it will be a little long. But I haven’t found a 52. Until yesterday I saw one NWT but it has some sort of stains on the back. With a jersey that old. No telling how long theirs has been stained so I’ll keep the 54 for now. But back in high school we were all convinced we needed a 52 or bigger.

How you get the Lakers shorts 220 and from who

I posted it in the thread.

There was a 20% off sale on NBA.com and it worked on these shorts.

Bought 300 worth of gift cards for 220 on one of the gift card reselling sites and the rest was history.

Edit...sorry apparently we do math problems when folks make simple mistakes.

It was 25% off....

Make sure anyone that makes a mistake to check thier work...because it matters....

Last edited:
let us know when you find a live person

I got one yesterday a little after open when I called the 1-866 number. Despite what the automated system says I just pressed 0 and got someone right away. Unfortunately the guy said they don't handle returns so when my package arrives i'll have to return it.

That made no sense so I just called the store in Philly and a guy took my order number, said someone will contact me to confirm the cancellation. I still haven't heard from anyone yet. :smh:

Back
Top Bottom