Official Mitchell and Ness Thread: Jerseys, Hats, Shirts, Shorts, Questions POST EM UP

The difference on this jersey just bug me lol
$_58.JPG

s-l1600.jpg

Is the top a fake?? Looks something I would find at the flea market lol.

Not fake, just crappy huge *** numbers. People think I'm picky but some of these jerseys are OD especially the Jordan pinstripe along with the pippen

Not fake, just crappy huge *** numbers. People think I'm picky but some of these jerseys are OD especially the Jordan pinstripe along with the pippen

And the letters O R D are off too. Bottom one they have solid inside. Top have hole outline inside. Sorry best way I can describe it lol. At least get the letters correct.

Even the A and N lol. Top has white in the hole in the A bottom has black. The N on the bottom one has skinnier lines

I'll let the number thing slide but what about the pipping. That throws the look and fit off, OD pipping makes the jersey look odd once worn

i actually feel you on the number. its def a bigger font size than it should be on the front. same with the nets sky petrovic jersey.

i actually think the red line piping on that PHILA iverson is close enough

And the letters O R D are off too. Bottom one they have solid inside. Top have hole outline inside. Sorry best way I can describe it lol. At least get the letters correct.

i think the MN letters O R D look better than the original IMO

you need to let go of that contentious jersey elitist attitude you bring into every thread homie

you're better than that.

besides, IMO means IN MY OPINION. dont agree? thats cool...let it be.

The difference on this jersey just bug me lol
$_58.JPG

s-l1600.jpg

Is the top a fake?? Looks something I would find at the flea market lol.

I think a lot of the problems are due to the size and size of the numbers. When you replicate Shaqs jersey in a 36 the numbers are going to look different - because they're relatively taking up more space in the jersey.

Same with MJ - the arch is going to be different because there's less space to fit It in. It would actually make sense to scale the size of the numbers and letters. They'd then need a whole set for each size of jersey though. The only way to replicate a jersey accurately is to make it in the size the player wore.

If peeps don't like the difference between OG jerseys and the Mitchell and ness throwbacks, I could only imagine the complaints between OG mikes and the retros....I mean to me nothing will be the same as the original..that goes for anything in life lol....i understand Mitchell and Ness could possibly be a little more accurate but the average buyer really doesn't care...like myself, I'm not buying a jersey for accuracy to be 100%...more so to represent an era...

If peeps don't like the difference between OG jerseys and the Mitchell and ness throwbacks, I could only imagine the complaints between OG mikes and the retros....I mean to me nothing will be the same as the original..that goes for anything in life lol....i understand Mitchell and Ness could possibly be a little more accurate but the average buyer really doesn't care...like myself, I'm not buying a jersey for accuracy to be 100%...more so to represent an era...

You're paying $300 plus tax for a jersey that doesn't look like the original. If I was paying half or three quarters off $300 then I wouldn't care. At least attempt to make them close. Bulls started to wear the stitched jerseys in 1992. B.j Armstrong and Bill Cartwright jerseys were no problem with the long names on their jerseys. You'd think Mitchell ness would at least curve the "Jordan" a little more to make it fit even on a size 36. At least put the proper style letters... On top of that, the inside of the pinstripe is red??? When were the champion pinstripes red on the inside, and you want me to pay $300 for that?? If those differences don't bother u, then go ahead and fork ur $300 for it homie, I'm good.

Last edited:
I agree to a certain extent.
Certain things are never forgive action bro.
Dat OD pippin on the grizz and phila are a blatant disrespek to us :smh:
I refuse to buy that jerz. It's a no brainer to cop if it was close to the og but that pippin was straight basura.

Last edited:

I never complain, my point is the OD pipping isn't just inaccurate but makes the jersey look and fit like ****

They completely ruined the Grizzlies jersey that I always wanted. The blue iverson and it is now a little thicker in the royal blue Kobe jersey

I hear ya! But I rarely pay $300 for their jerseys..retail is a no go for most jerseys, pinstripe being one of them....but like I say I'm in no position to complain when I buy mikes that aren't close to originals and are near double the original price...so much today is nothing like the original...Btw I understand the piping could make jersey look off..the Grizzlies joint was def jacked up....

PS speaking of BJ Armstrong...that would be a retail pick up for me...childhood favorite

That darryl strawberry BP just came in.... looks good..

the jersey's from the early 00s were GOAT from M&N though... i wish i bought them a little bit smaller... all my jersey's are 52 and a couple 54's in there... the quality on these new joint look wild

Mitchell and Ness Brethren,

Never made a M&N purchase in my life. I've been eyeing the ray allen bucks jersey for a minute and i think I am ready to pull the trigger. I'm 5'7 160 lbs. Looking to get a 36S. I rock a small currently in the adidas swingmans for reference if anyone can compare. Also, I found a store on ebay called Hardwoodframes letting it go for $245. Anyone know if they're legit and is that a pretty fair price?

Thanks in advance for the help. Wish i could join yall more with the purchases but $300 consistently on a jersey is a lil too rich for my blood.

Hardwoodfames is legit, ive purchased from them a couple of times. Good price considering m&n sells it for 300. You can also put in a best offer, hes pretty negotiable.

Last edited:

Mitchell and Ness Brethren,

Never made a M&N purchase in my life. I've been eyeing the ray allen bucks jersey for a minute and i think I am ready to pull the trigger. I'm 5'7 160 lbs. Looking to get a 36S. I rock a small currently in the adidas swingmans for reference if anyone can compare. Also, I found a store on ebay called Hardwoodframes letting it go for $245. Anyone know if they're legit and is that a pretty fair price?

Thanks in advance for the help. Wish i could join yall more with the purchases but $300 consistently on a jersey is a lil too rich for my blood.
I'm the same height and weight. slight muscular build. size 36 for me would be too small. a size 40 on me feels extra fitted with no room for a shirt. most of my jerseys are a 44. a little more room to breath and shirt if need be

I'm the same height and weight. slight muscular build. size 36 for me would be too small. a size 40 on me feels extra fitted with no room for a shirt. most of my jerseys are a 44. a little more room to breath and shirt if need be
Word. thanks for the heads up. probably gonna go with a 40.

Anyone used thekicksstore on ebay before

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom