Official Mitchell and Ness Thread: Jerseys, Hats, Shirts, Shorts, Questions POST EM UP

Don't do it man

The problem I see with swingman is that they are pretty much replicas that fit a form (no fit, no function) equivalent to fast fashion. I recently got back into M&N and jerseys in general because i moved to Arizona and im pretty much gonna be wearing sleeveless tops for the summer months.

First copped a Magic home swingman for 60$, works for what its worth but have not washed it due to the ****ty heat-screened appliques. I cant imagine this lasting more than a few gentle washes.

I researched and found out how M&N tried doing a bait and switch with their swingmans with the first gen single stitched and everything after now heat applied. So i just upgraded and went full authentic. There are TONS of videos that talk about jersey quality and swingmans are just not it anymore, not to mention with every iteration that comes out they get cheaper in quality. logoman is cheaped out, logos are cheaped out, and the jersey mesh is also cheaped out.

Dont ever look at stock images, go see it in person or buy from a vendor that you can return from. You'd be suprised how non-scall-able the cost is.

The problem I see with swingman is that they are pretty much replicas that fit a form (no fit, no function) equivalent to fast fashion. I recently got back into M&N and jerseys in general because i moved to Arizona and im pretty much gonna be wearing sleeveless tops for the summer months.

First copped a Magic home swingman for 60$, works for what its worth but have not washed it due to the ****ty heat-screened appliques. I cant imagine this lasting more than a few gentle washes.

I researched and found out how M&N tried doing a bait and switch with their swingmans with the first gen single stitched and everything after now heat applied. So i just upgraded and went full authentic. There are TONS of videos that talk about jersey quality and swingmans are just not it anymore, not to mention with every iteration that comes out they get cheaper in quality. logoman is cheaped out, logos are cheaped out, and the jersey mesh is also cheaped out.

Dont ever look at stock images, go see it in person or buy from a vendor that you can return from. You'd be suprised how non-scall-able the cost is.
You definitely hit the spot with that cheaped out desceiption and not looking at stock images. The same argument holds true for the current NFL authentics. Valor untouchable elite. NFL logo not centered and the material of the body feels thin compared to the first iterations of the VUE.

Absolutely see them in person if you have not before. What killed me is the damn plasticky sheen they show when the lights hit the logos or lettering. Its tacky and feels like you'd be wearing disposable clothing.

M&N Swingmans are not like how Nike did them in the early 2000s.

You definitely hit the spot with that cheaped out desceiption and not looking at stock images. The same argument holds true for the current NFL authentic. Valor untouchable elite. NFL logo not centered and the material of the body feels thin compared to the first iterations of the VUE.

I thought about that and how quality by default is better on the earlier versions, even authentic. For example,

I forget where i saw this, but lets say player numbers are 2-layer applique for contrast. Older iterations will likely 10/10 both stitched on top of the jersey fabric that when you flip it inside out you see 2 layers of stitching.

I noticed that M&N start doing this thing where you stitch one applique on the other separately, and then ONLY stitch what is now 1 piece applique to the jersey. If you flip over the jersey inside out you only see one layer of stitching in the shape of the applique.

I dont know how everyone feels about this but im gunning for jerseys with the following jocktags,

1637278828568.png

vs these newer jocktags

1637278853853.png

Just so that i never pick a short straw while M&N cheapens out over time

**** thanks guys.

I was only get it to wear for a few hours, so I was curious how it actually fits... So i'm not dropping $180 on a authentic :lol:

53FB0986-36D2-496E-B6C7-9FA8DF0ADFDA.jpeg

Just got these in from the 30% sale which brings me to another consistent topic on here: the white line down the middle.

Do all these have that or do I need to go ahead and return?

mine definitely doesnt have that. but mine are also a couple years old.

Pistons Lightning
Blazers 35
Clippers 35
plus I folded and ended up getting the swingman Jazz

I’m hoping some of these authentic restocks mean we’ll get even more restocks in eventually.

SMH @ the Jazz warm up jacket selling out.

That's the only other one I really wanted since I copped both Bulls with the 30% off.

was suprised white bulls shorts was up with sizes and able to discount. scooped them asap

Last edited:
Says Vietnam, Fall 2021. Sending them back.

Wondering if it makes sense to order another pair of the same shorts hoping for something different.
I highly doubt it. These are the new runs moving forward. Happened to me 2 months ago, and I sent them right back. The color is off as well.

I'm eyeing that Magic TMAC authentic but Is 40% off the best we'll get now and days on the M&N site? I miss the 100 authentic days...

I don't think mines has it... I have to check but too lazy cuz it's on a high pile in my closet lol

but looked through my phone and I took this pic back in 2019... must of been one of my first shorts
Screenshot_20211118-213733_Gallery.jpg

Hopefully, I am still waiting for the 98-99 Mavs to restock. I saw a pair in my size on eBay a while back, but the seller wanted $200 and when you add in WA state tax would have been $220 which I am not paying.

Pistons Lightning
Blazers 35
Clippers 35
plus I folded and ended up getting the swingman Jazz

I’m hoping some of these authentic restocks mean we’ll get even more restocks in eventually.

Back
Top Bottom