Official Mitchell and Ness Thread: Jerseys, Hats, Shirts, Shorts, Questions POST EM UP

Sunday fit.

image.jpg

Whose man?

IMG_7444.jpeg

Seeing this makes me think it's somewhat fitting that William Roberts wore a swingman jersey that's a crappy cheap imitation because it somewhat aligns with his fabricated rap gimmick. I refuse to call him by his stage name because he stole the real Rick Ross' name, identity and criminal past to cultivate a rap career.

William Roberts stealing a former drug kingpin's name to fabricate a rap image is equivalent to how WCW plagiarized The Ultimate Warrior when they came up The Renegade in the '90s.

I believe there was an analogy that equated swingman jerseys to The Renegade on this thread on the past.

:lol: @ calling out trash being elitist.

We in the softest era in history

I never understood the mentality or habits of many on here that claim it's elitism when some individuals have standards or preferences with better quality. There's nothing wrong with preferring something better and disliking inferior quality products or conditions.

It's only fitting to classify swingman apparel as trash because that's what it is regarding their lack of quality and fake as hell appearance.

It's surprising they made a Dontrelle Willis jersey because his career flamed out after he was traded from the Marlins. I wonder if they'll make a Miguel Cabrera jersey from that 2003 championship team since he's going to be a Hall Of Famer.

At least you got something unique because the Marlins were never a popular MLB team. It's always nice to be different with having something nobody else has.

I wonder if the wordmark on the front is smaller than it should be. I could have sworn it was bigger. I noticed some on here in the past have pointed out some of the MLB jerseys have inaccurately smaller font sizes with the front wordmarks.

30% off on NBA swing man jerseys starting today - i ordered a Kings jersey last night with a 15% off and obviously now wishing I waited :smh:

I wonder if the actual Mitchell & Ness website will ever get revamped with Fanatics buying the company. I'm hoping it will be revised where it appears like the other Fanatics-owned websites and also offers the same promotions.

The constant sales would come in handy because the site has a lot more products that the Fanatics-owned sites don't have if they were to revise the site where the discounts would be applicable.

More importantly, a transition to a Fanatics-style site would be more conducive for customer service because of the consistent customer dissatisfaction with the return policy and complications with communicating with the site.

3FC27048-B522-430E-8068-0F389244B306.jpeg
44 years young 💪🏾

That's cool that your birthday is in April as well.

First generation of swingmans were stitched, now they're all heat pressed.
Yes, heat pressed is way to cut corners and pump out more product quickly. It’s faster to manufacture heat pressed low quality jerseys rather than stitching the letters and numbers.

If you are in market for jerseys or shorts you should educate yourself and not settle for the low quality inferior swingman product. They are designed to not last long so you end up coming back for more low quality apparel once the swingman wears out.

Last edited:
Idk. To me, swingman seems to be the better product and overall better financial decision.

From a store perspective they’re definitely a better financial decision. People cop swingmans at retail at much higher rates than they do autuentics.

In brick and mortar stores, they’ll sell an authentic of the local team here and there. But alot of times they just sit and it’s just people complaining about the price point.

I would love for m&n to put out more authentics consistently. But I don’t blame them for not doing so when the buying habits of people who want authentics, (me included) don’t justify it. People want them to drop more authentics, but when they do the stuff sits while swingmans get copped at retail.

From a store perspective they’re definitely a better financial decision. People cop swingmans at retail at much higher rates than they do autuentics.

In brick and mortar stores, they’ll sell an authentic of the local team here and there. But alot of times they just sit and it’s just people complaining about the price point.

I would love for m&n to put out more authentics consistently. But I don’t blame them for not doing so when the buying habits of people who want authentics, (me included) don’t justify it. People want them to drop more authentics, but when they do the stuff sits while swingmans get copped at retail.
I’ll admit my post was a bit tongue in cheek at the NTer above.

Financially they make a lot more sense IMO, but I do believe in authentic quality. I haven’t seen any M&N authentics in person to say for sure but I’m someone who would love to one day own an authentic MLB jersey, and would pay retail for the right one.

Finally took some shorts to get pockets done today. Took a Knicks pair and a dri fit material Lakers pair.

Assuming all goes well and this guy does good work. And from everything I’ve seen, he should. I’ll be taking the rest of my pairs back to get done in a few weeks.

Back
Top Bottom