Official Mitchell and Ness Thread: Jerseys, Hats, Shirts, Shorts, Questions POST EM UP

awesome score...too bad

Not trying come up with jerk response. People have complained about inaccuracy, cookie cutters, slow customer service, lousy website, lack of selection, tasteless designs, 40% only sales, etc. MN wouldn't give a hit about sitting stock or about the lousy economy. Your concerns "duly noted" but I guaranteed you it ain't having any ripple effects on their end. MN just a small business under the umbrella of Fanatics 💯

I think it’s a bit of both. In 2020 when some people were getting that extra $600 a week in unemployment and others were eating off all the sba grant stuff, business was booming for me as people were buying stuff I was selling at msrp with no questions asked. I was moving Bulls authentic shorts during the last dance hype for around $300 a pair that summer. When all those stimmy checks hit I noticed an increase in sales for me as well.

If people got extra money, they’ll cop the stuff they want without being as pressed to wait out for a sale or good promo code . A good chunk of Mitchell and Ness customers don’t care about details and specifications the way a lot of us on here and the jersey FB groups do.

That said. $300 or $325 plus tax and shipping is a hard sell on alot of these jerseys. Especially when we know they aren’t always accurate, they skimp out on quality and are just inconsistent overall. It’s so many other things I could better spend $300 plus tax on to where jerseys aren’t a priority on that end.

I’ve heard conflicting things on the shooting shirts. My friend said they run big. He has the Shaq 96 Lakers shooting shirt. I’ve heard some people say they run small. I just went with my normal size. Hopefully it fits good.

I’ve heard conflicting things on the shooting shirts. My friend said they run big. He has the Shaq 96 Lakers shooting shirt. I’ve heard some people say they run small. I just went with my normal size. Hopefully it fits good.
looking at pics on M&n site. Lakers shooting shirts (Shaq & magic) look wide compared to 3 teams from 60s.

i want that 76ers cause im in PA an its more wearable, but im big magic johnson. especially after watching nba highlights from 60-80s recently

I think it’s a bit of both. In 2020 when some people were getting that extra $600 a week in unemployment and others were eating off all the sba grant stuff, business was booming for me as people were buying stuff I was selling at msrp with no questions asked. I was moving Bulls authentic shorts during the last dance hype for around $300 a pair that summer. When all those stimmy checks hit I noticed an increase in sales for me as well.

If people got extra money, they’ll cop the stuff they want without being as pressed to wait out for a sale or good promo code . A good chunk of Mitchell and Ness customers don’t care about details and specifications the way a lot of us on here and the jersey FB groups do.

That said. $300 or $325 plus tax and shipping is a hard sell on alot of these jerseys. Especially when we know they aren’t always accurate, they skimp out on quality and are just inconsistent overall. It’s so many other things I could better spend $300 plus tax on to where jerseys aren’t a priority on that end.
This.

Sweet spot for me was $140-$190 (with tax and shipping) for authentic jerseys that are NOT limited or in small supply. This was achievable based on older retail prices of $250/$260/$275 during these sales.

But now, M&N cycles through their jersey production every few seasons. Given that there are at least 4-5 40% off sales throughout the year, every year, I am not incentivized to cop anything anymore. Things "selling out" now WILL for sure get restocked later

For example, I copped the '92 home bulls Jordan jersey off ebay recently that showed its from the 2013 production run for $120. That same jersey is still on the site 10 years later. The current market is quite saturated and to me seems like the brand has long deviated from the true appeal of M&N pieces, nostalgic throwbacks that are not widely available.

I just cant pay $200+ after tax & shipping, even after this fake "40% off" (for cali residents more like 30% off after tax & shipping)

Last edited:
IMO, they run big, but the shooting shirts I have are older runs for the most part. I don't know what the sizing is on the new runs.

cedric ceballos cedric ceballos you rapscallion, you mentioned that Orlando warm up jacket and I went to check and it was finally restocked, the sale was my perfect opportunity to cop. Thanks for the heads up lol. It goes perfect for my new stuff I have coming in.

How’s the sizing on this jersey? I’m a medium in most things, but saw the measurements on this and was thinking of sizing up to a large.

Otherwise, I’ve just been sitting on this purchase and really want to cop. As much as I love my 8403 jersey, the wrong script bothers me :lol:
Tried it on last night and the XL size is a good fit for me, I like my jerseys not too snug so I can wear them over a hoodie, and these will be good to wear for that

I am once again enlisting the help of Just Don shorts owners.

Anyone have the red heat shorts from a few years back? Could you share picture of jocktags? I bought from TheRealReal and unsure if they are real real.

On Dec 12, 1977 Tony Dorsett sliced the sorry Niners defense for 92 yards and even styled on them with a receiving TD. Niner fans witnessed greatness that day as Dem Boyz won 42-35.
IMG_4881.jpeg

I am once again enlisting the help of Just Don shorts owners.

Anyone have the red heat shorts from a few years back? Could you share picture of jocktags? I bought from TheRealReal and unsure if they are real real.

There are hella fakes of everything on TRR. I personally received 2 pairs of fake Dons from them. I’d send them back if you’re questioning their authenticity.

If you think about it, are we to really believe there’s someone there who knows what to look for when it comes to Dons? I’m sure there are legit pairs on there, but here’s an example of something that passed their authenticity inspection…

IMG_1287.png

Did I miss this drop? :lol: :smh: :smh:

There are hella fakes of everything on TRR. I personally received 2 pairs of fake Dons from them. I’d send them back if you’re questioning their authenticity.

If you think about it, are we to really believe there’s someone there who knows what to look for when it comes to Dons? I’m sure there are legit pairs on there, but here’s an example of something that passed their authenticity inspection…

IMG_1287.png

Did I miss this drop? :lol: :smh: :smh:

For what it’s worth, I bought because it looked real. I know it’s a risky play since I’ve gotten burned before. Tag is on the front? Patches look official.

They had 3 drop like this at one time; Suns, Lakers, and this joint. All same size and the others looked good too.

image.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom