Official MLB The Show 18 Thread | Available Now

Don't be afraid to take pitches either. Look at the previous at bats to help you too.

This is very important... You have to be patient because the better you get the less pitches you are going to get in the strike zone.

Walks are as good as hits always remember that. Take your time. Pay attention to the situation you are in.

If you're leading of in a inning you're going to get more pitches to hit. But if it's two or three people on base you ain't getting nothing :lol:

If you swing at anything you WILL strike out a lot.

As far as fielding goes I usually play SS. You just have to take a good approach. And try to get the throw ad accurate as possible. You will get errors in the beginning but it will get better as your attributes go up trust me. That's what AA and AAA are for.

Last edited:
Couple questions (warning I know the basic rules of baseball and thats it)

OK so when i have a chance of getting a double my runner just stops at first and i press L1,L2 and he starts running again.... HOW DO I JUST CONTINUOUSLY RUN?

also my first few innings i hang in there and then in the 4th it says my picture is tired and when i put a new one he's terrible. Any help managing the bullpen?

What are the green/red bars next to their name?

Infinite reps for any help lol

Couple questions (warning I know the basic rules of baseball and thats it)

OK so when i have a chance of getting a double my runner just stops at first and i press L1,L2 and he starts running again.... HOW DO I JUST CONTINUOUSLY RUN?

also my first few innings i hang in there and then in the 4th it says my picture is tired and when i put a new one he's terrible. Any help managing the bullpen?

What are the green/red bars next to their name?

Infinite reps for any help lol
L1 and L2 are supposed to be used to advance all runners (when more than 1 runner is on base) you can use it with 1 runner but you have to hit L1 right before they reach first base and they wont stop and stutter. The "correct" way to run the basses is to push the left analog stick in the direction of the runner to "highlight" him and then press the base you want him to go to (triangle for second) as far as the pitching goes im not sure how your guy is tired in the 4th inning unless your getting killed out there, the fatigue should not be a factor that early. But make sure you warm up your relievers before you put them in it helps and a quick way to make them get warmed up faster is to have a mound visit with the picture you plan to take out. also pay attention to match ups typically left handed hitters are worse vs left handed pitchers and right handed hitters are worse vs right handed pitchers.

guess we see why the ps4 release was delayed .......and tanaka might not be in the game cause he didn't sign w/e necessary paperwork that has to be done to be placed in licensed video games 

If I'm not mistaken Puig wasn't in the game until a late update last year 

How long are we talking for load times.. 

The game initially has a long load probably 2 hours, for the stadiums and rosters. To get into an Exhibition game is probably 2-3 minutes, I'd say. Once you start playing and marvel at this beautiful game it doesn't even matter though.

*How do I load my Vita RTTS to the PS4?
Figured it out. You just upload it to Cloud.

Last edited:
Visually, this game is stunning. Only got a couple BPs and pitching practice runs in and already having fun. Load times are...smh

Rtts is amazing. Played for 2 hours last night due to schoolwork but this coming out with finals around the corner is rough.

I was having trouble last night trying to get into an online game with friends. The load times are :smh: . Other than that I love it.

Playing as a SS in rtts.

I'm playing as LF for the A's. Do you guys use timing, zone, or analog for hitting? I can' for the life of me pull the ball in the direction I want. :smh: Love this game and at the same time it's so frustrating that it makes it great.

I use timing for hitting. I'm so used to pressing X for a normal swing, O for contact and square for power. It just makes life easier to do it that way. Also, the CPU placing the PCI or whatever it's called automatically where the swing is, based on the players rating. Simple and effective.

Analog pitching for me haven't tried hitting yet. RTTS is extremely addictive , so happy I finally have a game that has me hooked to my PS4.

any NTers wanna get a game together tonight? 

I'm still horrible. I need to figure out how to get my timing down. I have batted countless amount of fouls. 
mean.gif

it's still fun though. 

Back
Top Bottom