Official MLB The Show 18 Thread | Available Now

1-0 so far in DD 

had Lackey pitching a 2-Hit Gem going into the 8th and dude quit on me while i was up 2-0 (not even hard to come back from either)

dont think ima play anymore DD games till i get my squad up tho. i only got 2 Golds at moment 

ill prolly buy some stubs at some point and work the market after

im down to play tonight vs anyone 

1-0 so far in DD 

had Lackey pitching a 2-Hit Gem going into the 8th and dude quit on me while i was up 2-0 (not even hard to come back from either)

dont think ima play anymore DD games till i get my squad up tho. i only got 2 Golds at moment 

What exactly is DD compared to ranked online games? I havent played The Show in 4-5 years before this one so a lot of things are new to me. What is the point of buying stubs and all that? Does it make you play better online? I bought the deluxe version cause the case was too sick but theres a code inside for stubs and stuff, should I redeem it?

1-0 so far in DD 

What exactly is DD compared to ranked online games? I havent played The Show in 4-5 years before this one so a lot of things are new to me. What is the point of buying stubs and all that? Does it make you play better online? I bought the deluxe version cause the case was too sick but theres a code inside for stubs and stuff, should I redeem it?
this is my first year with the show so ill try to explain best i can from things i picked up on

DD is a team you create by opening packs or earning reward cards throughout the game which then you can play online wit, you can also design Unis, Caps, Logos etc.

Ranked online is with MLB teams 

regarding stubs - if you want to play BR ( Battle Royale ) your first entry is FREE after that itll be 1,500 Stubs to enter. Stubs can help you to straight up buy the player you are looking for depending on price or you can also open up packs with the stubs. for ex i think its 20,000 Stubs for 20 packs 

It dont necessarily make YOU better but it can improve your team a lot by receiving Diamonds or Gold players. 

Yes you should Redeem them codes

after you open some packs up let us know how it went 

Just started my RTTS. I got drafted by the Toronto Blue Jays but decided to go to JuCo. After JuCo, I got drafted by the Cleveland Indians but decided to go to a 3-year college. After that, I got drafted by my hometown team: Boston Red Sox. :smokin

You get more training points as well doing the JuCo and college route. I did really good in the showcase games. Time for AA Portland.

Haven't had a chance to play in a few days but still stuck in AAA. Ready to get the call to the Angels but I forget my dude is only 19 and I should be a little patient :lol:

Just lost a online game in the bottom of the 18th. Brutal. People take advantage of the glitchy defense too much in online gameplay

Just finished downloading The Show '17 gonna run through a handful of games before I hop online though. 

Last edited:
Just lost a online game in the bottom of the 18th. Brutal. People take advantage of the glitchy defense too much in online gameplay
Mannnn ive had some awesome games online and I've came out on the losing end more times than not. Them walkoffs are heartbreaking too
So if you've played any of Fifa, Madden, 2k(I think), etc. they've all introduced these card games in the last few years. Really the key and the reason it's promoted so much and is usually a main focus of improvement each year is because suckers like me will spend money to try to get all the cards and have a great team. It can be super addictive.

As pizzo said you create your own team with a logo, uniforms, etc. Your team's players and stadiums are all in card form. So you have the card, you can use the player. The players are tiered (common, bronze, silver, gold, diamond). So everybody pretty much has a unique lineup/rotation.

There are "events" and "missions" and all kinds of stuff to keep you busy in the mode. I usually don't play these modes but I'm using it to keep me busy while I wait for the OSFM rosters to drop.

He stole second base from the on deck circle [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji] pic.twitter.com/sB0T2FANSS
laugh.gif

He stole second base from the on deck circle [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji] pic.twitter.com/sB0T2FANSS
laugh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
i woulda lost it

but man i think i found something that really bothers me for online play. I like to select my pitch and quick pitch ( i use Pulse to pitch, so my timing matters a lot) what im noticing is if my opponent is down what they do is hold R2 and it keeps the guess pitch screen up. Now i cant do my quick pitch cause when i goto hit X to pitch nothing happens it just keep Pulsing. I have to wait a few seconds till im able to pitch which is annoying.

So ive just been hitting L1 and stepping off the mound till they decide to stop

Online dont even allow you to guess pitches so its pretty damn annoying. 

after smoking and watching the pulse get bigger and smaller when im not able to pitch messes my eyes up lolol 

Last edited:
:rofl: :rofl: i woulda lost it

but man i think i found something that really bothers me for online play. I like to select my pitch and quick pitch ( i use Pulse to pitch, so my timing matters a lot) what im noticing is if my opponent is down what they do is hold R2 and it keeps the guess pitch screen up. Now i cant do my quick pitch cause when i goto hit X to pitch nothing happens it just keep Pulsing. I have to wait a few seconds till im able to pitch which is annoying.

after smoking and watching the pulse get bigger and smaller when im not able to pitch messes my eyes up lolol 
I feel like this is one game smoking hurts your play lmaoo i be out there doing dumb ****

Had a ranked DD game earlier. Dude scored 2 runs in the first and by the 8th it was 4-0. I got a hit and a couple walks and freddie freeman hit a grand slam. Then i ended up walking off 6-4 in the 12th. Felt great lol

:rofl: :rofl: i woulda lost it

I feel like this is one game smoking hurts your play lmaoo i be out there doing dumb ****

Had a ranked DD game earlier. Dude scored 2 runs in the first and by the 8th it was 4-0. I got a hit and a couple walks and freddie freeman hit a grand slam. Then i ended up walking off 6-4 in the 12th. Felt great lol

Nah man it's the opposite. I was smacked when I threw that no hitter last week :lol:

I played about 5 rtts games last night... And got about 100 stubs :stoneface: I'm not buying stubs. Whats a quicker way to get more stubs? Trying to flex in those Griffey cleats.

Nah man it's the opposite. I was smacked when I threw that no hitter last week :lol:
Its hit or miss lol today i was smacking balls left or right off the purp. Pitching is always good unless i get careless, but timing those hits can be a struggle at times

I played about 5 rtts games last night... And got about 100 stubs :stoneface: I'm not buying stubs. Whats a quicker way to get more stubs? Trying to flex in those Griffey cleats.

Thats the game man its a money grab. My squad is NICE but ive dropped so much money on stubs i feel like an idiot.

Currently on a 6 game win streak in BR got a 82 Tony Gwynn Rookie card as reward.

I prolly shoulda kept playing last night but was to tired

Copped the physical last night from Best Buy and ended up getting a shotty disc.

Game would not download at all for me, after a google search I seen that there have been some bad batches out there. Took it back and got a new one.

Immediately went to RTTS, I was drafted in Round 2 pick 12 by my White Sox 
pimp.gif

8 game hitting streak so far in AA. Game is dope, the way the ball slices so hard tho off the bat pisses me off, seems like it goes right to the outfielder lmao

Finally got called up to the Angels but not even starting SMH. Rarely getting at bats man not making enough training points to get his stats up :x

Is there NO way to sub a player in the starting lineup? They keep sticking Chris Carter in the yankees lineup W T F

Just finished a RTTS with my make believe son, Alexander. Going to start a new one being a starting pitcher.

Last edited:
OSFM rosters dropping tonight at 10 PM. I really suggest waiting for those or even the next version if youre really patient. Makes the game sooo much better with all the real players

O yea and ive been playing pretty well. Been stuck on ranked seasons for a few days now. Ive had some great matches, win some and lose some. Im definitely seeing the ball better and taking a better approach.

My DD team is nice

Last edited:
OSFM rosters dropping tonight at 10 PM. I really suggest waiting for those or even the next version if youre really patient. Makes the game sooo much better with all the real players

O yea and ive been playing pretty well. Been stuck on ranked seasons for a few days now. Ive had some great matches, win some and lose some. Im definitely seeing the ball better and taking a better approach.

My DD team is nice

Been waiting to start my franchise until the rosters release so this is great news!

Back
Top Bottom