Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

Originally Posted by MC OTAKU

bj will beat gsp
DHK will beat karo
lyoto will win again
maybe gono wil give fitch trouble
i like the way you think my good man!! o man me and team hawaii are going to go crazy this friday!! in the weigh ins!

MAIN CARD

* Welterweight champ Georges St. Pierre vs. Lightweight champ B.J. Penn (for welterweight title)
* Lyoto Machida vs. Thiago Silva
* Stephan Bonnar vs. Jon Jones
* Karo Parisyan vs. Dong Hyun Kim
* Nate Diaz vs. Clay Guida

PRELIMINARY CARD

* Jon Fitch vs. Akihiro Gono
* Manny Gamburyan vs. Thiago Tavares
* John Howard vs. Chris Wilson
* Jake O'Brien vs. Christian Wellisch
* Matt Arroyo vs. Dan Cramer

Larry Merchant said this on air during the Mosley fight:

"Oscar De La Hoya … is in nearby Anaheim where his company got a five-million dollar fee from a T-shirt maker so that he can be personally involved in thepromotion of a mixed martial art show," said Merchant during the HBO telecast. "It would take that much to get me to go to one of thosethings."

Can't we all just get along. Hahaha.

Originally Posted by 2pacalypsmNOW

bj will beat gsp
DHK will beat karo
lyoto will win again
i like the way you think my good man!! o man me and team hawaii are going to go crazy this friday!! in the weigh ins!
pimp.gif

GSP
pimp.gif
lets go montreal boy!

funny to see karo and gsp in the same main card considering karo was his stepping stone into the ufc at 46 (if memory serves right).

i too get worried about GSP's chin but then again that one serra fight alone shouldn't be this big a worry. GSP is ******edly strong for his size, dudeis in top notch condition and if it goes the length i see his endurance and conditioning benefitting him more than BJ. hes gonna be stronger and more energeticin imposing his will in the final couple rounds. BJ's natural flexibility and ground game should keep GSP from giving him good positioning on the ground.the way that dude uses his legs to manipulate a submission is nasty.

gsp got this!

Condit to the UFC.
pimp.gif
Kampmann is no joke though.

http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/templates/dailynews.asp?articleid=8063&zoneid=2http://www.mmaweekly.com/...enm/...=8063&zoneid=2

Another divisional shake up appears to be on the horizon for Zuffa owned World Extreme Cagefighting. Several sources have indicated that the promotion willsoon disband its 170-pound weight class. The first indication of the latest restructuring is a title fight between WEC champion Carlos Condit and challengerBrock Larson being scrapped from the upcoming WEC 39 event on March 1 in Texas.

FiveOuncesOfPain.com first reported the news on Tuesday, with several sources close to the situation confirming the news to MMAWeekly.com as well.

According to sources speaking anonymously with MMAWeekly.com, the fight between Condit and Larson was cancelled in large part due to a desire to move thecurrent WEC champion over to the Ultimate Fighting Championship.

There has been no official confirmation as to who Condit could fight in his first UFC match-up, but there has been speculation that new welterweight MartinKampmann could be the fighter called upon to face the Arizona Combat Sports standout.

Larson is also expected to make the move to the UFC. Despite reports that the Minnesota fighter was injured, causing the fight cancellation, MMAWeekly.comlearned that the fight was simply cancelled and neither fighter had any kind of injury to force the situation.

Several managers were contacted about the possible dissolution of the WEC's welterweight division, but there had been no official word from the promotionat the time of publication about the move. It is still unclear if the entire division will be dissolved, but moving the promotion's champion over to theUFC would seem to be a strong indicator of such.

There are still two welterweight bouts scheduled for WEC 39 - Johny Hendricks vs. Alex Serdyukov and Justin Haskins vs. Douglas Lima - but that wouldn't beout of character for the WEC. The promotion still held a couple of middleweight and light heavyweight bouts, including a light heavyweight title fight, afterthe dissolution of those two divisions was announced late last year.

MMAWeekly.com sources close to the WEC in early January revealed that the promotion is adding a 125-pound flyweight division soon. There had been speculationthat WEC 39 could host the emergence of the flyweight division, but that now seems more like a possibility for WEC 40 in Chicago.

If the WEC welterweight division does meet its demise, that would leave only the 155-pound lightweight class as the only crossover category between the WEC andthe UFC.

bj will beat gsp
DHK will beat karo
lyoto will win again

i was thinking the same thing bout gono/fitch. i do hope gono pulls the upset.

Originally Posted by MonopolyMan630

MAIN CARD

* Welterweight champ Georges St. Pierre vs. Lightweight champ B.J. Penn (for welterweight title)
* Lyoto Machida vs. Thiago Silva
* Stephan Bonnar vs. Jon Jones
* Karo Parisyan vs. Dong Hyun Kim
* Nate Diaz vs. Clay Guida

PRELIMINARY CARD

* Jon Fitch vs. Akihiro Gono
* Manny Gamburyan vs. Thiago Tavares
* John Howard vs. Chris Wilson
* Jake O'Brien vs. Christian Wellisch
* Matt Arroyo vs. Dan Cramer

hahahaha Monopoly you cant pick BOTH fighters to win unless youre saying its going to be a draw (stun gun v. karo fight)

Originally Posted by MonopolyMan630

Larry Merchant said this on air during the Mosley fight:

"Oscar De La Hoya … is in nearby Anaheim where his company got a five-million dollar fee from a T-shirt maker so that he can be personally involved in the promotion of a mixed martial art show," said Merchant during the HBO telecast. "It would take that much to get me to go to one of those things."

Can't we all just get along. Hahaha.

laugh.gif

I caught that as well. I had to rewind to make sure I heard him right

whats all this talk about Kid coming to a Zuffa owned org? Has there been any talks or is it just internet speculation?

Originally Posted by Mojodmonky1

whats all this talk about Kid coming to a Zuffa owned org? Has there been any talks or is it just internet speculation?

They're scoopin up talents right now...they shoppin' like its Black Friday.

I know that's just a speculation. I think Dana would've hinted in his blog if they'll get him (like Alistair). It's a high possibility though.

I'm just hoping they get fighters who AREN'T on the decline yet. No point of signing fighters on the decline, it'll be a big waste of time andmoney (well maybe for the short term it's good).

larry merchant is a hater

wat a sad individual

He's an old-school guy and been in the boxing biz for 100 years now. I wouldn't expect anything less from him.

Fact remains not everyone is open to the fact MMAs makin' it big and is a big threat to other mainstream combat/physical sports.

I do get Larry's point but when he tried to explain himself he just FAILED. No way you can cover that up. If I were him I should've just stood my ground.

I think KID will be fighting in the Dream Feather Weight Grand Prix first though.
I just wanna see him fight again tbh, dudes a monster.

im not sure what the count is in this thread but im pretty sure roughly i saw way more people picking penn over gsp which is surprising cause i thought itd beabout 50/50

a couple months ago i was leaning towards penn even though im a big gsp fan, but primetime has pretty much changed my mind, the intensity that gsp brings inhis training shows u that on the 31st hes gonna be ready, u know hes gonna be ready to go 5 rounds at full speed, guy's just a flat out beast

Back
Top Bottom