Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

^You have a 'sports entertainment' avatar, I can't take ANYTHING MMA-related you post serisouly
smh.gif

^ hahaha

I would have taken Choi pre-surgery. Whatever tumor or gland they removed really took the fight out of him.

I'm new to MMA so I was wondering if you guys could give me some suggestions on stuff to watch?

I just finished watching UFC 98 & 99. I'm about to watch Lawyer vs. Shields and WEC 41.

Originally Posted by paidndade

I'm new to MMA so I was wondering if you guys could give me some suggestions on stuff to watch?

I just finished watching UFC 98 & 99. I'm about to watch Lawyer vs. Shields and WEC 41.

Some of my favourite fights
chuck liddell vs wanderlei silva
georges st. pierre vs. bj penn 1
diego sanchez vs. karo parysian
chuck liddell vs. randy couture trilogy

Things that just have to be seen. (ko's, whoopings, outstanding subs, clinics in wrest. or bjj, etc)
anderson silva vs. rich franklin 1
anderson silva vs. rich franklin 2
anderson silva vs. chris leben
anderson silva vs. tony fryklund
ryo chonnan vs. anderson silva
dan henderson vs. wanderlei silva 2
matt serra vs. georges st. pierre 1
bj penn vs. joe stevenson
gabriel gonzaga vs. mirko cro cop
mirko cro cop vs. wanderlei silva
antonio rodrigo noguiera vs mirko cro cop
matt hughes vs. carlos newton
matt hughes vs frank trigg 2
bj penn vs. jens pulver 2
rashad evans vs chuck liddell
shogun rua vs. quintin jackson
georges st. pierre vs. josh koschek
chuck liddell vs. tito ortiz 1
randy couture vs. tito ortiz
fedor emilianenko vs kevin randleman
wanderlei silva vs quintin jackson 1
wanderlei silva vs quintin jackson 2
forrest griffin vs. stephan bonner
chris lytle vs paul taylor.
roger huerta vs. clay guida
rich franklin vs. nate quarry
kendall grove vs. ed herman
bj penn vs. takanori gomi
bj penn vs. caol uno 2
shinya aoki vs eddie alverez
forrest griffin vs shogun rua

that's what i can think of at the moment.

hit up a site like mmalinker and you should be straight.

Originally Posted by Mojodmonky1

^ hahaha

I would have taken Choi pre-surgery. Whatever tumor or gland they removed really took the fight out of him.

pre surgery HMC was a BEEEEAAAST. he was really strong. what he did to fedor was
smokin.gif
. eventually got subbed tho.
he would still pound shaq senseless tho.

View the video in my sig, my man Kid is a BEAST
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Clutchshooter

Things that just have to be seen. (ko's, whoopings, outstanding subs, clinics in wrest. or bjj, etc)

fedor emelianenko vs kevin randleman

If you dont know about Fedor (#1 P4P fighter in the world) this fight will show you exactly why he is so G. IMO one of the greatest recovery/turnaroundsI've seen in MMA.

Another good OHHHHHH SNAAAAAP turnaround type of fight is the Scott Smith v. Pete Sell fight. I just remember watching both of these fights and being leftspeechless.

Personally, I like seeing a well executed sub as much if not more than a brutal KO. Clutch already listed a few but here are some others that I reallyenjoyed

Shinya Aoki v. Joachim Hanson 1
Shinya Aoki v. Katsuhiko Nagata
Nick Diaz v. Takanori Gomi

* if you havent figured it out already, I love watchin someone finish a fight with the gogoplata

Martin Kampmann v. Drew McFedries
CB Dollaway v. Jesse Taylor
Frank Mir v. Tim Sylvia (wanna see why people SHOULD tap to arm bars?)
Toby Imada v. Jorge Masvidal

^^ While those are great fights, nothing beats watching a great fight live. The excitement is x 10 elevated.

^ or if youre a degenerate gambler like me... watching a fight live and having money on it.

As much as I hate Tim Sylvia, I don't know if I ever celebrated more than when my underdog bet paid off huge in Sylvia v. Arlovski II

Originally Posted by demonbasketball04

^You have a 'sports entertainment' avatar, I can't take ANYTHING MMA-related you post serisouly
smh.gif
Ok so just because I watch the E a few times I all of a sudden don't know anything about anything else?
eyes.gif

Even MMA? I wrestle and I'm in Japanese Jiu Jitsu. Your probably some over weight ufc fanatic. Grow up man.
But anyways I'm sticking by my opinion. I know good and bad technique when I see it. Take me opinion seriously or not I don't care.

Is that a stone-cold stunner dude is doing in your avy? haven't seen that move done in years...

^ this is not the place
smh.gif

on topic:

Dream 10 has a couple of solid bouts on card.

Shinya and Mach
pimp.gif
. but not against each other this time so aoki doesnthave to worry about eating endless knee.
laugh.gif

^I saw this the other day link:
Report: DREAM official confirms signing Mirko "Cro Cop" Filipovic to post-UFC 99 deal

USA Today:
Soon after beating Mostapha al-Turk on Saturday at UFC 99, Filipovic told UFC officials that he has signed a three-fight deal with the Japanese organizationDream, Yahoo Sports' Kevin Iole first reported. The news was later confirmed to me in an e-mail from Mike Kogan, whoruns the U.S. operation of Dream's parent company, Fighting and Entertainment Group.

Clutch- I was joking about the stunner
smh.gif

Originally Posted by Legendk1ller

smh.gif
Ok so just because I watch the E a few times I all of a sudden don't know anything about anything else?
eyes.gif

Even MMA? I wrestle and I'm in Japanese Jiu Jitsu. Your probably some over weight ufc fanatic. Grow up man.
But anyways I'm sticking by my opinion. I know good and bad technique when I see it. Take me opinion seriously or not I don't care.

laugh.gif

Don Frye vs Takayama!!

Originally Posted by BwooDFolkGD74

Originally Posted by Legendk1ller

smh.gif
eyes.gif

laugh.gif

hahaha i dont know this kid demonbasketball from the next guy, but I'm pretty sure in an earlier post months (if not a year) ago, he posted up some clipsof him in some amateur BJJ competition. He didnt look like an overweight ufc fanatic to me, but what do I know.

Originally Posted by NJTruEast

Don Frye vs Takayama!!

also add chuck liddel vs. vernon tiger white.

see how a fighter reacts when he gets his face broken.

orbital bone mashing .
sick.gif

Originally Posted by NJTruEast

Don Frye vs Takayama!!

Spencer Fisher Vs Sam Stout 1 and 2
pimp.gif

CroCop did good considering he just had surgery 5 months ago. He needs to work on his speed, however. As for what happened with him and Dream I'm more thandissapointed. When I heard he was coming back I was thrilled and excited but this just sucks. If CC thinks Dana is going to let him comeback after the 3 fightdeal with Dream he needs to give me some of what he's smoking. Cain has to work on his standup but he has a good chin plus excellent recovery. Kongo willnever be champion with his ground skills. The HW division is nothing it was 5 years ago. It's a wrestlers division now and without ANY ground skills he hasno chance at the title. Wanderlei is getting old and Franklin isn't going to do much in the LHW. Hopefully Wanderlei gets some quality wins before he callsit quits.

Looks like CroCop is definately going to Dream
frown.gif

'Cro Cop' to battle 'Mighty Mo'
Less than a week after apparently snubbing the UFC for Japanese mixed martial arts promoter Dream, Mirko "Cro Cop" Filipovic has agreed to fight Siala "Mighty Mo" Siliga on July 20 in Saitama, Japan, a source familiar with negotiations for Dream 10 told SI.com Wednesday.

Aided by an inadvertent poke to the eye, Filipovic, 34, defeated Mostapha Al-Turk (6-5) midway through the first round of their UFC 99 fight in Cologne, Germany, last Saturday. Afterward, the popular Croatian striker, best known for capturing Pride's 2006 open-weight grand prix tournament and going the distance against Fedor Emelianenko, reportedly informed UFC president Dana White that he planned on signing a three-fight deal to compete in Dream.

Filipovic's appearance against Al-Turk came as a result of a verbal arrangement between the fighter and White for three fights, the UFC promoter told Yahoo! Sports. Queried Sunday about White publicly blasting him for allegedly reneging on their deal, the southpaw denied anything was set for him to leave UFC for Dream.

It was reported Tuesday that Filipovic (25-6-2) had finalized a deal for three fights with Real Entertainment, a production company populated by former Pride executives hired by FEG to produce Dream events.

A bout between Filipovic and the 38-year-old "Mighty Mo" -- 3-1 in MMA action and 14-9 as a kickboxer -- was originally rumored for Dream 1. Siliga, a heavy-fisted heavyweight of American Samoan descent, won his first three MMA bouts before succumbing to a triangle choke against Semmy Schilt last New Year's Eve.

The heavyweight fight joins a crowded field of bouts for the mid- summer event. In addition to the conclusion of Dream's welterweight tournament (the semifinals and finals are scheduled to take place on the same night), a lightweight attraction between Shinya Aoki and Vitor "Shaolin" Ribeiro as well as a middleweight clash featuring Paulo Filho and Melvin Manhoef highlight the card.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/mma/06/18/cro.cop/index.html

^^Read that on MMAJunkie earlier. I too hope Cro Cop gets KTFO in a brutal, highlight reel fashion. He'll never be the fighter he was in Pride, justdoesn't seem to have that killer instinct anymore, ala Wanderlei Silva.
ohwell.gif

Back
Top Bottom