Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

Originally Posted by wawaweewa

Originally Posted by Bastitch

Originally Posted by MayhemMonkey000

Im just not outraged by what happens, and i feel like the reaction from the people who are upset is more caused by the dramatic nature of him leaving his feet to deliver the blow more than the fact that he hit him after he was KO'd.
That's what I've been saying. I have no problem with fighter following up a KO considering the ref hasn't stopped the fight, but that was OD.
I don't even think it was that dramatic.

I can think of two situations that happened in a more "traditional" sequence, but are just as "bad" as what Hendo did:

Cro Cop vs. Dos Caras

And Matt Hammill vs. Mark Munoz (which pains me to say, since Mark's a long time friend).

Both were clearly out.� Both took additional shots to the grill.

But since they weren't as "unique" as Dan Henderson's "John Cena 5 Knickle Shuffle", you won't get the hate it's receiving.

They should all receive hate.
Like I said earlier some fighters seem to not get themselves into those situations while others do. Maybe some just have a better feel for things or are just more disciplined. idk.

As for Cro Cop never liked him but I think people mention that he was pissed at his opponent for coming out with a mask. He thought it was disrespectful.
Unless wearing a mask is against the rules......
laugh.gif

Maybe they should, but the point is that they didn't.

Is that really "bloodlust" or a part of the game?

I'm more likely to believe it's the latter rather than the former. Hendo's mistake is that he said he did it on purpose and knew he was out.

He had no time in the ring to actually think about doing all that. You go until you're stopped.

Originally Posted by Menacin Methods

How much did Frank Mir get for the fight?
I heard 45k?? That cant be true...anybody know ?

http://niketalk.yuku.com/...son--.html#reply-6309674
And it absolutely could be true.

Frank could still be on his old contract.

When he came off the motorcycle accident, he lost his first fight to some unknown Marcio Cruz, won a fight, then got owned by Brandon Vera.

Since then, it has been Hardonk, Lesnar, Nog, Lesnar.

Originally Posted by Menacin Methods

How much did Frank Mir get for the fight?
I heard 45k?? That cant be true...anybody know ?

http://niketalk.yuku.com/...son--.html#reply-6309674
And it absolutely could be true.

Frank could still be on his old contract.

When he came off the motorcycle accident, he lost his first fight to some unknown Marcio Cruz, won a fight, then got owned by Brandon Vera.

Since then, it has been Hardonk, Lesnar, Nog, Lesnar.
Oh, and one last thing.

I'm pretty sure both Lesnar and Mir got a portion of the PPV revenue on top of their base pay.

Im guessin not many people go back through pages and comb through this thread so ill repost this a couple times so people see it...

all of Fedors fights

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

I know many people on here barely know who Fedor is so i dug this up...

Thisll be good for those who wanna get to see him fight for the first time and for those who know him well but wanna see more than youtube clips.

Fedor
pimp.gif

thumbnail_crop.php

01 Fedor Emelianenko vs Martin Lazarov
MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

02 Fedor Emelianenko vs Levon Lagvilava

03 Fedor Emelianenko vs Hiroya Takada

04 Fedor Emelianenko vs Ricardo Arona

05 Fedor Emelianenko vs Tsuyoshi Kohsaka I

06 Fedor Emelianenko vs Mihail Apostolov

07 Fedor Emelianenko vs Kerry Schall

08 Fedor Emelianenko vs Renato Sobral

09 Fedor Emelianenko vs Ryushi Yanagisawa

10 Fedor Emelianenko vs Lee Hasdell

11 Fedor Emelianenko vs Chris Haseman

12 Fedor Emelianenko vs Semmy Schilt

13 Fedor Emelianenko vs Heath Herring

14 Fedor Emelianenko vs Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira I

15 Fedor Emelianenko vs Egidijus Valavicius

16 Fedor Emelianenko vs Kazuyuki Fujita

17 Fedor Emelianenko vs Gary Goodridge

18 Fedor Emelianenko vs Yuji Nagata

19 Fedor Emelianenko vs Mark Coleman I

20 Fedor Emelianenko vs Kevin Randleman

21 Fedor Emelianenko vs Naoya Ogawa

22 Fedor Emelianenko vs Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira II

23 Fedor Emelianenko vs Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira III

24 Fedor Emelianenko vs Tsuyoshi Kohsaka II

25 Fedor Emelianenko vs Mirko Filipovic

26 Fedor Emelianenko vs Wagner Zuluzinho da Conceicao Martins

27 Fedor Emelianenko vs Mark Coleman II

28 Fedor Emelianenko vs Mark Hunt

29 Fedor Emelianenko vs Matt Lindland

30 Fedor Emelianenko vs Hong Man Choi

31 Fedor Emelianenko vs Tim Sylvia

32 Fedor Emelianenko vs Andrei Arlovski
That should be ALL of his fights, including his single loss to Kohsaka

Originally Posted by boxer

i'm guessing not many people cared.

never been a fan of fedor.
Who says you have to be a fan? Hes the #1 heavyweight and maybe the #1 P4P fighter in the world who doesnt hardly any exposure in the US... Whywouldnt you wanna see his fights?
grin.gif

Does he have to come to the UFC and turn lesnar into a 290lb pretzel before people should pay attention to him?

Maybe they should, but the point is that they didn't.

Is that really "bloodlust" or a part of the game?

I'm more likely to believe it's the latter rather than the former. Hendo's mistake is that he said he did it on purpose and knew he was out.

He had no time in the ring to actually think about doing all that. You go until you're stopped.

When I mentioned "bloodlust" I was referring to fans and not the fighters.
Some fans seem to get off on watching fighters potentially/actually being seriously injured.
grin.gif

These dudes are professionals who fight to support themselves and their families. These aren't prison brawls.
laugh.gif

It broke my heart to read about Kid getting KO'd on the UG yesterday.
ohwell.gif

He seems to have lost that killer instinct that he had before injuring himself in the Olympic trials. I still think he has a few solid years left in him, hejust needs a change of scenery and some new motivation. **hint-hint WEC lol**

I'll stand by him til he hangs em up, WAR KID!!!!!

Im still a KID fan.

k1 dudes have a different lvl of stand up
devil.gif

lets see him back in mma, his striking is much better there.
pimp.gif

If the UFC manages to get Fedor and put him up against Brock, it would be the biggest UFC fight of all time..bigger then GSP & Anderson Silva...the onlyother thing I can see getting more hype would be Kimbo vs Brock but that would be better as a boxing fight
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by kingofny04

If the UFC manages to get Fedor and put him up against Brock, it would be the biggest UFC fight of all time..bigger then GSP & Anderson Silva...the only other thing I can see getting more hype would be Kimbo vs Brock but that would be better as a boxing fight
laugh.gif
imagine all of the stereotypical comments that a fight like that would induce from ignorant idiots
sick.gif

All i know is, Fedor isnt gonna get stuck in a "head crank" and let Brock smash his face until hes unconscious like Mir did. Lesnar will beoverwhelmed with Fedors skillset and will either be dropped or have a kimura/armbar on him before he knows whats happening.

[table][tr][td]
Carwin Reacts to Lesnar Victory
[/td] [/tr][tr][td] Options: [img]http://www.cdn.sherdog.com/_images/icons/email_icon.gif[/img] Email Article | [img]http://www.cdn.sherdog.com/_images/icons/printer_icon.gif[/img] Printer Friendly [/td] [/tr][tr][td] [table][tr][td]
thumbnail_crop.php

Tuesday, July 14, 2009
by Jake Rossen (jrossen@sherdog.com)

There's been no shortage of reactions to Brock Lesnar's decisive, debilitating victory over Frank Mir on Saturday -- my own father, who considers MMA a crooked melting pot of drug addicts and fixed fights, even brought it up -- but some opinions matter more than others.

Prime example: Shane Carwin, a concrete slab of a wrestler in his own right, who will fight Cain Velasquez on October 24 for the privilege to face Lesnar at a later date for the heavyweight title.

A clearly agitated Carwin posted a blog entry on his site Sunday taking Lesnar to task for his frothing behavior following the win, which included getting in Mir's face, flipping off the crowd and generally acting like a 280-pound man who can do whatever he likes. (Because he sort of is.)

"The flipping off of the fans that just lined your pocket with millions of dollars is just LAME," Carwin wrote. (Emphasis his.) "He may be a Champion but he has a long ways to go before he earns the respect of a Champion. The fans are why we do this Brock, this sport is not about fat paychecks and drama it is about hard work and sacrifice for a shot to do what you did last night."

Carwin will eventually face a rather sad irony: If he goes on to face Lesnar for the belt, he will benefit considerably from Lesnar's ability -- which is unmatched in the sport at this point -- to sell a fight. And I suspect that he won't turn down a percentage of pay-per-view purchases or a bonus on principle.

There's someone for everyone in this sport. If you like athletes with the disposition of a rabies victim, there's Lesnar; if you prefer someone who conducts himself as though he were in a library, there are plenty of options. Carwin, Dana White and others can scold Lesnar all they like: He's making them all money. And I don't hear anyone complaining about that.
[/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [/tr][/table]

UFC 103's Martin Kampmann vs. Mike Swick will, in fact, determine a No. 1 contender for GSP
by Dann Stupp on Jul 14, 2009 at 8:15 pm ET

A UFC 103 welterweight bout between veterans Martin Kampmann (15-2 MMA, 6-1 UFC) and Mike Swick (14-2 MMA, 9-1 UFC) will, in fact, determine a No. 1 contenderto challenge for UFC welterweight champion Georges St-Pierre's championship belt.

During this past Saturday's, July 11, UFC 100 pay-per-view event, broadcaster Joe Rogan said he was informed by UFC Vice President of Fighter Relations JoeSilva that the fight could be a No. 1 contender's bout.

Sources close to the fight have since confirmed to MMAjunkie.com the winner will be assured a title shot.

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

i'm guessing not many people cared.

never been a fan of fedor.
Who says you have to be a fan? Hes the #1 heavyweight and maybe the #1 P4P fighter in the world who doesnt hardly any exposure in the US... Why wouldnt you wanna see his fights?
grin.gif

Does he have to come to the UFC and turn lesnar into a 290lb pretzel before people should pay attention to him?

i'm sorry i didn't realize i could respect his skill and still not be a fan. considering i am not a fan, why would i want to watch his fights?

and don't give me that does he have to come to the ufc bs. i was a die hard pride fan probably before you knew what mma was or even gave a damn about. even so for mma i always preferred shooto back in the day. then pride and deep.

the death of pride was the point i really stopped caring about mma. but i still check up on fighters i liked back in the day.

i am glad you're a fan of fedor, but that doesn't mean everybody else needs to be. and you're right, he doesn't get exposure in the states. neither did any of my favorite fighters back when i was really into mma, but that didn't make me try to force them on other people.

^^ you missed my point... I never said you had to be a fan, and i never said you didnt respect his skill either.

i quoted my post cause i figure that people who come in on this page wouldnt go back to previous pages to see what was up. And you made it sound like no onecared and followed up by saying "never been a fan".

I say again, whhy wouldnt you wanna see his fights? If im a Knicks fan in 1996, im watching all the Bulls games i can get, no im not a fan at all, i probablyhate the Bulls... but they're the best now and the best ever, im watching.

Thats all i meant

Dont get so defensive... im not trying to get people to be a fan of Emelianenko, but people have come in here saying "whos this fedor guy?" ...because hes not on spike TV or a Video game... im just trying to give one of the best fighters in the world some exposure to some people who are new to thesport. Thats all.

fair enough, but stating that i need him to come twist lesnar into a pretzel for me to care is about as far from the truth as you could get.

and btw, zuffa's mma monopoly = mma turning into garbage for me.

fair enough, but stating that i need him to come twist lesnar into a pretzel for me to care is about as far from the truth as you could get.

I'm trying to figure out why having one company have all the best talent in their company is a bad thing? How is it garbage to try to have allthe best fighters in one org?

I'm trying to figure out why having one company have all the best talent in their company is a bad thing? How is it garbage to try to have all the best fighters in one org?
because they don't, can't and won't have all the best talent. they have a decent number of the top guys, yes. all of them no. andif they hold the monopoly they can still get away with giving the top tier guys decent money while paying great lesser known fighters horrible money.

i don't like dana white, i don't like tuf, and i don't like a lot of zuffa's manipulative nature.

I'm trying to figure out why having one company have all the best talent in their company is a bad thing? How is it garbage to try to have all the best fighters in one org?
because they don't, can't and won't have all the best talent. they have a decent number of the top guys, yes. all of them no. and if they hold the monopoly they can still get away with giving the top tier guys decent money while paying great lesser known fighters horrible money.

i don't like dana white, i don't like tuf, and i don't like a lot of zuffa's manipulative nature.
It's still a pretty new sport. Give it time. They'll get the best talent in due time. I mean, outside of the heavyweight division (whichis on the come up for the UFC), all the people who are champ in their divisions are the best fighters in the world. People probably thought the same way aboutthe NFL back then too. I would much rather have one company run MMA then have it turn into boxing which is a complete mess right now.

And if you look at the salaries given out by other companies, I gotta say the UFC is MORE then fair in the amount of money they give in contrast. Not tomention many fighters have come out and said that they recieve much more money then their reported base salary.

Back
Top Bottom