Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

Originally Posted by d0nt w0rry about it

Originally Posted by Scott Frost

You think if Brett Rogers took the fight it would be a bad career move? I mean the money for this fight is good, from all reports at least $500K, but would a loss, should it happen, set him back? Guess what I am trying to say does Rogers ever see a $500K payday in his career?
is a loss to fedor really a blemish on someone's career? especially if that loss was in a match that was taken on very short notice?

rogers would have nothing to lose and everything to gain if he were to take such a fight [especially if it's a $500k payday]. a loss wouldn't set him back because it's fedor and a win would gain him a whole lot because it's fedor..

I disagree. What Rogers has to lose comes in the form of a serious beating. The kind that people never fully bounce back from (ie. Hendo KO of Wandy).

Judy dont play.
laugh.gif

�"im not going to tackle the mailman"
roll.gif

"it was not an aggressive manner"

an RNC not aggressive
roll.gif

Affliction Cancels 'Trilogy'
A week of misfortune turned to disaster for Affliction Entertainment on Friday, as the promotion canceled Affliction "Trilogy," which had been scheduled for Aug. 1 at the Honda Center in Anaheim, Calif.

SI.com reported the news Friday morning, and Sherdog.com has confirmed that Affliction is notifying fighters' camps of the cancellation.

The cancellation -- which could spell the end of Affliction's year-long run as a mixed martial arts promotion -- comes on the heels of heavyweight Josh Barnett's failed drug test, which forced him out of the "Trilogy" main event against Fedor Emelianenko on Wednesday. Barnett, 32, tested positive for a banned anabolic steroid and was denied licensure by the California State Athletic Commission.

Promoters scrambled to find a replacement opponent for Emelianenko and reportedly considered middleweight Vitor Belfort, light heavyweight prospect Muhammed Lawal and heavyweights Brett Rogers, Paul Buentello, Jeff Monson and Bobby Lashley.

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/affliction-cancels-trilogy-18705

Minus one PPV off next month's packed MMA schedule...

Sucks to hear, RIP Affliction
ohwell.gif

Maybe Strikeforce can pickup a few replacements for their show next month! Diaz/Riggs was canceled as well.
smh.gif

Originally Posted by demonbasketball04

Sucks to hear, RIP Affliction
ohwell.gif

Maybe Strikeforce can pickup a few replacements for their show next month! Diaz/Riggs was canceled as well.
smh.gif

Oh hell no. This month is getting worse by the day. First Matt Hamill, Overeem, Barnett and now the entire Affliction and Diaz/Riggs too? Jeez. Strikeforcereally needs to pickup the Affliction left overs. I wouldn't mind seeing a packed Strikeforce card instead of 2 seperate cards.

wow lets just see if it's the rumors are true about affliction sponsoring the ufc. dana is gonna be on espn radio tonight at 9est with an anouncement

Affliction becomes official sponsor for the UFC.

In a sea change for the promotional landscape of mixed martial arts, Affliction has agreed to cease promoting fights and become an official sponsor of the Ultimate Fighting Championship.

Kevin Iole of Yahoo! Sports first reported the news on Friday afternoon, and a UFC official confirmed the report to MMAWeekly.com.

A joint announcement between the Las Vegas-based promotion and California-based clothing maker is expected soon.

Few details about the deal are known, but the popular clothing brand could be seen on Zuffa fighters as soon as Aug. 8, when UFC 101 lands in Philadelphia.

A similar deal was first proposed last October after the postponement of Affliction's second event, "Day of Reckoning." Executives from the UFC and Affliction met in secret in Las Vegas and offered to take Affliction on as a sponsor and co-branded apparel maker in exchange for ceasing to promote fights. Affliction executives rejected the offer after a fiery confrontation between co-founder Todd Beard and UFC co-owner Lorenzo Ferttita.

The fate of fighters marooned by Affliction's cancellation of its third show, "Trilogy," is unknown at this time.

Originally Posted by Clutchshooter

Judy dont play.
laugh.gif

roll.gif

an RNC not aggressive
roll.gif

hahahahaa they edited it and took it out of context.

We totally lied about the RNC part. Instead we said that I just walked up behind him and put my arm around his shoulder and he reacted violently and hit mewith no warning. Had we told the whole truth my case would have been thrown out right away.

Stupid Judge Judy said that it was my fault because I should be aware of the environment that I'm in and that getting boozed up and watching other peoplefight will pre-dispose one to act violently too. Therefore, I should have expected my friend to act violently even if I approached him in a manner that I feltwas not aggressive. I told her that is BS. Just cause I sit at home and watch football for 8 hours while drinking beer does not mean I am going to go out andtackle the mailman. The funny thing is... and I hate to admit it... she is right. I was drunk as hell and amped up about seeing Fedor choke out Sylvia andthus came up with the brilliant idea to attempt it on my friend.

Originally Posted by Mojodmonky1

Originally Posted by Clutchshooter

Judy dont play.
laugh.gif

roll.gif

an RNC not aggressive
roll.gif

hahahahaa they edited it and took it out of context.

We totally lied about the RNC part. Instead we said that I just walked up behind him and put my arm around his shoulder and he reacted violently and hit me with no warning. Had we told the whole truth my case would have been thrown out right away.

Stupid Judge Judy said that it was my fault because I should be aware of the environment that I'm in and that getting boozed up and watching other people fight will pre-dispose one to act violently too. Therefore, I should have expected my friend to act violently even if I approached him in a manner that I felt was not aggressive. I told her that is BS. Just cause I sit at home and watch football for 8 hours while drinking beer does not mean I am going to go out and tackle the mailman. The funny thing is... and I hate to admit it... she is right. I was drunk as hell and amped up about seeing Fedor choke out Sylvia and thus came up with the brilliant idea to attempt it on my friend.

nah she wasnt correct according to the story you told (
laugh.gif
)
but if you had added the RNC part he definitely had the right to annihilate your leg with extreme prejudice.

funny thing is ive always pictured you looking like favre because of the avy
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Dips3tRydah

Dana's going to make his big annoucements at 6pm EST. According to his twitter Tito is back in the UFC and he's gonna explain the whole Affliction thing. Check it out here: http://radiotime.com/station/s_68358/ESPN_Radio_1100.aspx

yup. was just going to post about this..

from dana white's twitter [link: ] -
I am going on espn 1100 in vegas at 6pm. I will be talking anything mma. Call in number is 702 364 1100! Oh yea and welcome back tito
smile.gif

about 2 hours ago from TwitterBerry

EDIT:
dana just said it's a possibility of tito being back in the UFC. nothing about tito signing or agreeing to anything.

ok so there are alot of reports out right now bout Affliction, Tito, Dana etc. This is what i have read ....

Dana White: UFC to hold press conference on July 31 to announce "a lot of crazy things"

by MMAjunkie.com Staff on Jul 24, 2009 at 10:20 pm ET
The UFC is on the verge of some major announcements.

During a guest spot today on the ESPN 1100 Radiothon, a 24-hour fundraiser for The Caring Place cancer charity, UFC president Dana White said the organizationwill soon hold a major press conference, tentatively planned for July 31.

He referenced the media event when asked about reports of Affliction halting operations and becoming a UFC sponsor, the possibility of the UFC acquiringAffliction contracts, whether or not Fedor Emelianenko could be signed to the UFC, and whether a rumored deal with ESPN could come to fruition.

"We're working on some big things," White said without going into specifics. "It's going to be a lot of crazy things. ... There will bea laundry list of things addressed."

On the show, White also confirmed that ESPN executive John Skipper, widely regarded as the "No. 2 guy" at the sports-media powerhouse, was inattendance at UFC 100.

Sources have told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) that discussions have taken place regarding the possibility of ESPN airing live UFC shows at some point,though nothing appears definitive and official confirmation has been impossible to get. On the radio spot, White simply referred to the increased coverage ESPNcan bring to its existing events, which air on pay-per-view and Spike TV.

"He got it," White said of Skipper's UFC 100 trip. "He saw the people. He saw the energy. All the things you get from the UFC live event, hefelt, and that's why we're starting to get more coverage on ESPN."

As for Emelianenko, who was slated to fight at the Aug. 1 "Affliction: Trilogy" event before its cancellation earlier today, White said he'sdefinitely interested in the fighter.

"My job is to put on the best fights with the best fighters and give fight fans the fights they want to see," White said. "What I think ...doesn't matter. I've been trying to get this guy in the UFC. I want it because you (fans) want it."

Additionally, if Emelianenko is signed, expect him in a championship bout immediately.

"He'll fight for the title first," White said.

Finally, as for Affliction, White remained tight-lipped and wouldn't confirm today's earlier report that the UFC would again allow the company tosponsor fighters (with the organization ceasing the promotion of MMA events).

However, he dropped a big hint.

"These guys are good at making clothes," he said. "They're not in the fight business. We are."

"Collaboration" between the UFC and Affliction officially announced
by Dann Stupp on Jul 24, 2009 at 10:55 pm ET

Today's earlier report of a deal between Affliction and the Ultimate Fighting Championship has been officially announced.

Affliction, which launched a fight series in 2008 after it was banned as a UFC sponsor, today canceled its latest show, "Affliction: Trilogy," whichwas scheduled for Aug. 1 in California.

As expected, Affliction will no longer promote MMA shows and instead will return to the UFC octagon as an officially approved sponsor.
-------------------------------

what are your thoughts on the UFC and ESPN pairing together? I think it will do good for promotion but the way UFC is covered I think will be poor....yourtake?

Originally Posted by Battousai701

this is a blessing in disguise for the ufc

pick up fedor, tito, vitor, and whoever else is leftover
I really doubt the UFC is going to pick up those contracts. OD money and non-exclusive? I can see some fighters happen because the contracts voidafter 6 months (I think) or after another company picks up the remaining fights on the contracts. I wouldn't really call it a blessing in disguise for theUFC considering this still puts them in the same boat for Fedor. Now Vitor
pimp.gif
, but I think the UFC has been targeting him for a while now.

I think Affliction closing down is the best thing for them. Overpaying for fighters wasn't gonna work out in the long run. Sponsoring for the UFC is theirbest move IMO...

Also Anyone else pist about the Nick Diaz/Joe Riggs Cancellation? First Overeem fight gets cancelled now this one ? Good thing I didn't buy my ticket to goto Strikeforce.

^ Yeah i was really looking forward to Diaz/Riggs.

Diaz has been on an absolute TEAR lately.

with his recent phenomenal displays of subs and extremely technical boxing, i think the UFC will try and re-sign Diaz once his stint in Strikeforce is up

Dana and his annoucements of an annoucement
indifferent.gif
. He reallydidn't get that much cleared up and those were some horrible callers. One positive thing he speculated was that Franklin/Hendo 2 might not happen and thiswas from Rich's twitter today:
Ive heard the ufc pulled my fight off the website for 103. I dont kno y. They hvnt spoken to me @ this, n i assume the fight is still on.

http://twitter.com/followace

Originally Posted by Dips3tRydah

Dana and his annoucements of an annoucement
indifferent.gif
. He really didn't get that much cleared up and those were some horrible callers. One positive thing he speculated was that Franklin/Hendo 2 might not happen and this was from Rich's twitter today:
Ive heard the ufc pulled my fight off the website for 103. I dont kno y. They hvnt spoken to me @ this, n i assume the fight is still on.

http://twitter.com/followace

laugh.gif
@ rich franklin's twitter profile picture

Back
Top Bottom