Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

Simply put: Spider should win, Forrest does have a shot. The thing is Forrest is good at gameplans and he had one against Rashad and Rashad beat him on thefeet and on the ground.

Spider you just don't know what to expect, he does something different every fight and this dude may see something that will make Forrest think too muchand the fight is over.

My only hope is Spider finishes, not a decision or we may see a Rampage/Forrest.

Originally Posted by jbone2308

Simply put: Spider should win, Forrest does have a shot. The thing is Forrest is good at gameplans and he had one against Rashad and Rashad beat him on the feet and on the ground.

Spider you just don't know what to expect, he does something different every fight and this dude may see something that will make Forrest think too much and the fight is over.

My only hope is Spider finishes, not a decision or we may see a Rampage/Forrest.
You have to remember, Forrest broke his hand in that fight. And Rashad was not winning on the feet. He caught Forrest once or twice, but he wasnot winning. Forrest won the first round.

Originally Posted by behemothcoa

I really can't wait to see this Silva vs. Forest match. Cause catz are gassing Silva up like an MMA god. it's getting kinda of irritating
People gas him up for good reason. If you've only seen his recent work (Leites and Cote) I can see why you have doubts. Aside from the 1round he lost to Hendo (in a fight he eventually finished) he hasn't dropped a round to anyone in the UFC. That is on par with a GSP or (dare I say it?)Fedor. These guys arent just hype, these guys have proven that they are a class above everyone else. It's not like they are eeking out "wars ofattrition" or getting "rocked" on the regular (tryin to throw in a couple goldie/rogan catchphrases hehehe), but they are going out andabsoluting dominating at the highest level of competition.

I mean its bordering (in terms of the talent margin) on being similar to the age old question of "can the best college football team beat the worst NFLteam?" Answer? Maybe.... but not bloody likely. Thats about as much chance as Silvas recent opponents had of beating him.

On a somewhat related note. I have been trying to encourage those of you who partake in sportsbetting to really take a hard look at MMA betting. Not that Iam patting myself on the back (who am i kidding, i am) but if you pick your spots you can find a ton of value, way more than you will in any of the majorsports. The thing is, people get scared by big favorites, but you have to look at the payout odds in comparison with the actual odds of a fighter winning. Anderson Silva is one of those dudes. Pretty much every fight he's had in the last 18 months or so have been in the -350 to -600 range which by mostaccounts is a lot to lay. Betting $450 to win $100 (assuming a -450 line) seems like a high risk move, but if you look at it from a logical analyticalstandpoint it really isnt. I would handicap Silva of having a 95% chance of winning most of those fights, and youre getting odds at around 82% (assuming-450). That is VALUE.

damn, just went on a tangent there.

Originally Posted by jbone2308

Simply put: Spider should win, Forrest does have a shot. The thing is Forrest is good at gameplans and he had one against Rashad and Rashad beat him on the feet and on the ground.

Spider you just don't know what to expect, he does something different every fight and this dude may see something that will make Forrest think too much and the fight is over.

I know forest is training on his clinch defense extremely and he knows if he takes silva down silva is gonna be a lot less destructive. I see forest bydecision or submission. I can't see Anderson getting knocked out.

Maybe im just too UFC-biased but who is this Zaromskis dude? First I heard of him really. Is he like the next coming of CroCop with devastating high kicks?Stupid Time Warner got rid of my HDNet so I had to catch the clip of the fight.

not sure if you guys read Steve Cofield's blog on Yahoo! Sports but he described Mach perfectly when he called him "doughy". hahahaha. dude needsto get back in the gym and get back in shape!

Maybe im just too UFC-biased but who is this Zaromskis dude? First I heard of him really. Is he like the next coming of CroCop with devastating high kicks?Stupid Time Warner got rid of my HDNet so I had to catch the clip of the fight.

not sure if you guys read Steve Cofield's blog on Yahoo! Sports but he described Mach perfectly when he called him "doughy". hahahaha. dude needsto get back in the gym and get back in shape!

Originally Posted by venom lyrix

thoughts on Franklin vs Hendo again at UFC 103?
so thats already been confirmed? I was really hoping hendo got a title shot after defeating bisping.

Originally Posted by Alan Garner

Originally Posted by venom lyrix

thoughts on Franklin vs Hendo again at UFC 103?
so thats already been confirmed? I was really hoping hendo got a title shot after defeating bisping.

looks like it
http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/templates/dailynews.asp?articleid=9194&zoneid=13

stupid fight in my opinion. Personally I dont know see why they would book this fight. What does it prove for either fighter? I thought the original reasonfor Hendo v. Franklin 1 was to determine a coach/challenger for Bisping (even though they fought at 205... i think), and that fight (Hendo v. Bisping) wouldhave potential #1 contender implications. What is the point in having them fight again at 205? I can't imagine that they are trying to set Hendo up tomake a run at the title @ 205 when the division is stacked with so many other potential contenders (Rampage, Forrest, Rashad, Franklin, Shogun, etc...).

From a business perspective it doesn't really make a whole lot of sense either. Hendo v. Franklin II is not going to sell PPV's as there is verylittle intrigue (in my opinion of course). After Hendo's utter destruction of Bisping, and the fact that Hendo took 1 round off Spider in their firstfight, it could make for decent "story" to sell a Hendo v. Spider II title fight. So what happens with each outcome (for Hendo v. Franklin II)?

If Franklin were to win, I think it would be hard to make any argument that Hendo deserves a shot at Silva for the 185 strap. Granted this fight takes placeat 205, people probably would rely on MMA Math and bank on the fact that Silva > Franklin (twice) and so if Franklin > Henderson, then Silva>>>> Henderson. Tough sell for the UFC Marketing dept. That pretty much means that the UFC is going in a different direction alltogether in the185 weight class, and potentially trying to setup Marquardt, Maia, or Okami for the next shot, none of which are a good PPV sell. Very few casual fans care towatch Okami even though hes done nothing but win (albeit in somewhat boring fashion). After the Silva v. Leites debacle, I dont know if the UFC cares to tryand match up a high caliber BJJ fighter (Maia) against Silva again. Silva v. Marquardt II? Yea I want to see it but I dont know how many other fans would. As far as Hendo is concerned, if he were to lose to Franklin at 205 I cant see him sticking around that weight class since the talent pool is just so deep(especially if he can make the weight at 185).

If Henderson were to win then what? It doesn't really prove anything to anyone. Sure you can line him up for a shot at Silva, but whats the point inmaking a guy move up to 205 for a fight against an opponent he beat less than a year ago, only to move back down to 185? Furthermore, what does that do toFranklin? Him losing twice to Henderson (who I'm assuming would then compete at 185) would pretty much be the deathblow in his pursuit of a 205 titleshot. The argument would be easy. If Franklin cant beat an elite level 185er, what chance does he stand against elite level 205ers?

Sorry about the rant, I know I was kinda going in a lot of different directions. bottomline. This fight makes no sense from a title implication standpoint inboth 185 and 205 weight classes. furthermore, this fight seems to make even less business sense as far as setting up big $$$ high interest PPV fights for thefuture.

RIP Kimo
tired.gif

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/ufc/2547501/UFC-legend-Leopoldo-is-dead.html

hendo by uni dec and spider by whatever the hell he wants, but i say spider by TKO (forrest blows out his shoulder missing punches)

Fedor-Barnett Bout in Jeopardy
Tuesday, July 21, 2009
by Loretta Hunt (lhunt@sherdog.com)

Affliction Entertainment and M-1 Global are looking for a new opponent to face Fedor Emelianenko at Affliction "Trilogy" on Aug. 1 at the HondaCenter in Anaheim, Calif.

Multiple sources have told Sherdog.com that the California State Athletic Commission will not license Josh Barnett after a positive result on a pre-fight test.Calls to the California State Athletic Commission and Affliction Entertainment were not immediately returned.

Barnett said he had not been notified of any issues with his eligibility as of Tuesday evening.

"I took my test three weeks ago. I would have thought I would have heard something by now," Barnett told Sherdog.com.

However, the former UFC heavyweight champion said he had not checked his phone messages recently and later added, "No matter what happens with this, I canassure you I will clear my name. This will not be something that I am defined by."

Vitor Belfort has agreed in principle to face the world's No. 1 heavyweight on 11 days' notice, according to two separate sources close to thenegotiations. One source told Sherdog.com that Emelianenko will have the opportunity to choose between Belfort and Bobby Lashley. Lashley has denied knowinganything about replacing Barnett, though.

"I don't know if I would want it right now. Since the last fight, I haven't really been into training again," he said. "That fight isnext week. That would be something I would really have to take a look at. To just jump in there probably wouldn't be the smartest thing for me right now. Alot of people would say that might be a money fight. They figure, 'If we give him enough money, will he do it?' That's what people tend to look at.I don't want to get into fighting for the money so much right now.

Belfort, a former UFC light heavyweight champion, is scheduled to face American Top Team standout Jorge Santiago in a middleweight bout on the Aug. 1 card.

Originally Posted by Mojodmonky1

I really can't wait to see this Silva vs. Forest match. Cause catz are gassing Silva up like an MMA god. it's getting kinda of irritating
People gas him up for good reason. If you've only seen his recent work (Leites and Cote) I can see why you have doubts. Aside from the 1 round he lost to Hendo (in a fight he eventually finished) he hasn't dropped a round to anyone in the UFC. That is on par with a GSP or (dare I say it?) Fedor. These guys arent just hype, these guys have proven that they are a class above everyone else. It's not like they are eeking out "wars of attrition" or getting "rocked" on the regular (tryin to throw in a couple goldie/rogan catchphrases hehehe), but they are going out and absoluting dominating at the highest level of competition.

I mean its bordering (in terms of the talent margin) on being similar to the age old question of "can the best college football team beat the worst NFL team?" Answer? Maybe.... but not bloody likely. Thats about as much chance as Silvas recent opponents had of beating him.

On a somewhat related note. I have been trying to encourage those of you who partake in sportsbetting to really take a hard look at MMA betting. Not that I am patting myself on the back (who am i kidding, i am) but if you pick your spots you can find a ton of value, way more than you will in any of the major sports. The thing is, people get scared by big favorites, but you have to look at the payout odds in comparison with the actual odds of a fighter winning. Anderson Silva is one of those dudes. Pretty much every fight he's had in the last 18 months or so have been in the -350 to -600 range which by most accounts is a lot to lay. Betting $450 to win $100 (assuming a -450 line) seems like a high risk move, but if you look at it from a logical analytical standpoint it really isnt. I would handicap Silva of having a 95% chance of winning most of those fights, and youre getting odds at around 82% (assuming -450). That is VALUE.

damn, just went on a tangent there.

Well said, on all points.

There is no way Hendo wouldve deserved another crack at the middleweight belt (for beating Bisping) ahead of Marquardt, who i feel is ready to put on a bettershowing this time around against Anderson.

Pulling for Franklin though, even though i like Hendo

Maybe im just too UFC-biased but who is this Zaromskis dude? First I heard of him really. Is he like the next coming of CroCop with devastating high kicks? Stupid Time Warner got rid of my HDNet so I had to catch the clip of the fight.

not sure if you guys read Steve Cofield's blog on Yahoo! Sports but he described Mach perfectly when he called him "doughy". hahahaha. dude needs to get back in the gym and get back in shape!
Hes pretty good. reminds me of CC but with more style. Hes from cage rage. Watch his fight with ross mason.
sick.gif

i thought mach was gonna ko him but he did his job. Very promising fighter.

25gwk1t.gif

23wsk6r.gif

his high kicks are
smokin.gif

coming out as akuma =
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by demonbasketball04

RIP Affliction, and you have Josh Barnett to thank for that
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

smh.gif
That #!#*$#%... do you know what substance he tested pos for?

Vitor Belfort supposedly gonna take the fight... hes training to fight at MW right now... and he thinks hes gonna jump into the ring with Fedor??? Really?

Lashley said theres no way hes taking the fight on 11 days notice so it looks like itll be Vitor.

I mean Belfort is probably walking around at 200+ before his weight cut to 185 but i dont think the odds are at all in his favor... Could be exciting to startbut Fedor will overpower him and counter his speed.

Either way... a UFC deal needs to get done with Emelianenko following this fight

Belfort is currently at 205. He'll probably come into the fight at 210-215. I'm REALLYYYY pulling for him in this fight, I've always been a Vitorfan and this would be the biggest win of his career and would almost guarantee him a shot at the Spider's title!!!
pimp.gif

People gas him up for good reason. If you've only seen his recent work (Leites and Cote) I can see why you have doubts. Aside from the 1 round he lost to Hendo (in a fight he eventually finished) he hasn't dropped a round to anyone in the UFC. That is on par with a GSP or (dare I say it?) Fedor. These guys arent just hype, these guys have proven that they are a class above everyone else. It's not like they are eeking out "wars of attrition" or getting "rocked" on the regular (tryin to throw in a couple goldie/rogan catchphrases hehehe), but they are going out and absoluting dominating at the highest level of competition.

I mean its bordering (in terms of the talent margin) on being similar to the age old question of "can the best college football team beat the worst NFL team?" Answer? Maybe.... but not bloody likely. Thats about as much chance as Silvas recent opponents had of beating him.

+1

I would put Silva up there with GSP and Fedor.
I enjoy watching his fights because he's just that much better than everyone in his class skill wise. His fights look effortless most of the time becausehe's so technically proficient.

Originally Posted by demonbasketball04

Belfort is currently at 205. He'll probably come into the fight at 210-215. I'm REALLYYYY pulling for him in this fight, I've always been a Vitor fan and this would be the biggest win of his career and would almost guarantee him a shot at the Spider's title!!!
pimp.gif
It really is a no lose situation for Vitor to take this fight. If he loses, so what... he was coming up 2 weight classes, taking the fight onshort notice, and he fought arguably the #1 P4P fighter in the world today. If he wins... sky is the limit. The fight would go down in history as one of thebiggest upsets in MMA history.

In the Yahoo blog there were some other names being thrown around like Brett Rogers or Mousasi maybe. It would be a terrible idea for Roger's managementto take this fight. He is on a nice little run right now building up his status, and the last thing he needs is to get decimated by Fedor. Sure he would geta big payday for taking the fight, but it would set him back some in his career to becoming recognized as one of the world's elite HW's. Mousasi wouldmake for an interesting fight but like many have said, the chance of that fight is slim. I believe Mousasi has trained or trains on occassion with Fedor sothey might not want to fight each other. Furthermore, Mousasi is not a name fighter in the US at all and there wouldnt be much buzz about that fight.

I mean who else is out there really? Most of the other top 10 HW's are locked up by the UFC. Is Overeem injured or would he be able to take a fight onshort notice? Is there anyone at 205 who would be willing to come up in weight? Maybe Lil Nog (not that it would be much of a competitive fight)? Isn'the still on Afflictions roster?

I guess the issue is getting licensed/sanctioned by the CSAC but I would pay top dollar to see a Japanese style freak show matchup. A while back there was theepic NT thread about "how many 5 year olds could you take on?" C'mon CSAC and Tom Atencio. Sell your souls and setup a "how many averagejoes could Fedor take on?" Same rules apply to the "5 yr old" scenario. Waves of 5 regular dudes at a time, every 10 minutes. Old school WWFRoyal Rumble style where there is a running clock, the crowd counts down 5! 4! 3! 2! 1! and another group of 5 dudes comes running out the tunnel and jumpsinto the ring only to get 1 punch KO'd by Fedor. Just have a stack of waivers and $100 bills. Anyone in the crowd that wants to give it a go can sign thewaiver, put on some gloves and a mouthpiece, and get KO'd by Fedor for $1,000. THAT would make for good television.

Back
Top Bottom