Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

Originally Posted by Juan Baller

Overeem-Timeline.jpg
24b3hj7.jpg

Originally Posted by FlashEightZero

Overeem-Timeline.jpg
24b3hj7.jpg
Overeem KO'd Fujita with a knee.
No way Brock would survive that either.

Brock can beat Fedor. That's why he talks about him all the time.
Wonder why he ( nor Dana) doesn't talk about Overeem much?
laugh.gif

If Lesnar gave so much respect to Carwin's stand up that he only attempted 1 take down in the first round then I'd imagine he'd have to give even more respect to Overeem's stand up.

Originally Posted by wawaweewa

Overeem-Timeline.jpg
24b3hj7.jpg
Overeem KO'd Fujita with a knee.
No way Brock would survive that either.

Brock can beat Fedor. That's why he talks about him all the time.
Wonder why he  nor Dana don't talk about Overeem?
laugh.gif

If Lesnar gave so much respect to Carwin's stand up that he only attempted 1 take down in the first round then I'd imagine he'd have to give even more respect to Overeem's stand up.
1. Brock cannot beat Fedor, Fedor is to quick and has faced bigger people, plus hes not going to be triangle choking Fedor after his lose.
2. It was two take downs he attempted and the reason he stopped was because everytime he attempted them it would get stuffed and result in him getting punched in the face.
Lastly I don't understand why people think Overeem juices thats a 7 year span i mean like have you see people transform from p90x in 3 months? thats a 7 year span if he works out as much as they say he did that its not that unbelievable.

Originally Posted by Lakersfan1

1. Brock cannot beat Fedor, Fedor is to quick and has faced bigger people, plus hes not going to be triangle choking Fedor after his lose.
2. It was two take downs he attempted and the reason he stopped was because everytime he attempted them it would get stuffed and result in him getting punched in the face.
Lastly I don't understand why people think Overeem juices thats a 7 year span i mean like have you see people transform from p90x in 3 months? thats a 7 year span if he works out as much as they say he did that its not that unbelievable.

I'm a Fedor fan but I do think Brock has a good shot at beating Fedor. The main reason is the weight differential and the fact that Brock knows how to use it to his advantage. Yes, Fedor has fought heavier fighters but they didn't know how to use their weight like Lesnar does. I'm not going to say that Lesnar can easily beat Fedor but he has a good shot at it if he approaches it in the correct manner.

I agree with your 2nd point. Although you also have to factor in that Carwin is 260+ as well.  Lesnar had to be a bit tentative with his take downs lest he get caught and KO'd. Imo, he would be much more aggressive against Fedor knowing that 1 punch will not necessarily KO him and that taking down a 230 lb'er is much easier than a 260 lb'er. Yes, I know Fedor has good take down defense but weight matters...a lot. hat's why divisions exist.

I agree that Overeem isn't necessarily juicing. Being 250 at 6'5" is not that big and in his early years he def was on the small side. I've also read that he trains with strongmen competitors in Holland and there's a video of him pulling 300 kilos for 5 reps.  Pretty close to elite strentgh.

Originally Posted by wawaweewa

Originally Posted by Lakersfan1

I'm a Fedor fan but I do think Brock has a good shot at beating Fedor. The main reason is the weight differential and the fac tthat Brock knows how to use it to his advantage. Yes, Fedor has fought heavier fighters but they didn't know how to use their weight like Lesnar does. I'm not going that Lesnar can easily beat Fedor but he has a good shot at it if he approached it in the correct manner.

Your 2nd point I agree, Although you also have to factor in that Carwin is 260+ as well. You also ahve to factor in that Lesnar had to be a bit tentative with his take downs lest he get caught and KO'd. Imo, he would be much more aggressive against Fedor knowing that 1 punch will not necessarily KO him and that taking down a 230 lb'er is much easier than a 260 lb'er. Yes, I know Fedor has good take down defense but weight matters...a lot.

I agree that Overeem isn't necessarily juicing. Being 250 at 6'5" is not that big and in his early years he def was on the small side. I've also read that he trains with strongmen competitors in Holland and there's a video of him pulling 300 kilos for 5 reps. Not elite strentgh but very strong none the less.

i agree with eveything you said besides what i bolded. Randy Couture was preventing Lesnar from taking him down and also Fedor's striking is way more dangerous than Randy's

^ thing is Brock was a HW Amateur Wrestler before he went to the WWE. So he never used roids to gain weight like Overeem, and not all WWE wrestlers use roids, but most do because of their harsh schedule.

Originally Posted by ludex360

Overeem-Timeline.jpg
24b3hj7.jpg

brock used to use roids too, all the wwe dudes do.

I'm sorry, but that doesn't even mean anything, really.

Brock%20Lesnar.jpg

He was already gigantic in college. If he took steroids, it was only to recover quickly since a pro wrestling schedule is absolutely brutal on the human body, as mentioned already. Take a look at this article from 2000.

http://sportsillustrated....ine/MAG1018452/index.htm

When people stare at Minnesota heavyweight wrestler Brock Lesnar, they can be forgiven for thinking he's about to rip off his shirt and scream like Dr. David Banner in The Incredible Hulk, "Don't make me angry. You wouldn't like me when I'm angry." For good reason. Lesnar is the most imposing college heavyweight wrestler in the nation. At 6'4", 270 pounds of virtually all muscle (his body fat is 9%), Lesnar looks like a fugitive from the World Wrestling Federation. Instead, he's been one of the top performers in college wrestling this season and is a favorite to win the NCAA heavyweight tide later this month.

I know that the official weight for the fight was 265 lbs., and both fighters looked that weight during the official weigh in, but when they stood in the middle of the cage for ref's instructions they both looked much bigger..Can someone tell me how they find a way to appear 20 pounds heavier only 1 day after weighing in?..And does anyone know what Shane and Brock's REAL weights were at fight time?..Cause Shane looked in the 275 range and Brock looked every bit of 285-290..Thank you..

And Im so glad that Brock was the victor last night..He took some top tier Carwin punches and got put on his back, and then got hit with several nice fists and elbows on the ground but still had the prescense of mind to kick him off a couple times and tried to tie his hands up a couple times too..and then he did the unthinkable and got to his feet..Came out second round and waited for his small opening and took Carwin down..And then did a very smooth transition from top mount to side control to sink that submission in..And when Carwin looked like he might have found a tiny glimmer of hope to get out of it, Brock was smart enough to re-synch it and make him tap..Very happy with Brock's performance..And impressed alot with Carwin's performance..Hats off to both of them..Can't wait to see Brock destroy Cain and Shane crush JDS so this time next year we'll be having Lesnar vs. Carwin II..God bless..

Originally Posted by casekicks

I know that the official weight for the fight was 265 lbs., and both fighters looked that weight during the official weigh in, but when they stood in the middle of the cage for ref's instructions they both looked much bigger..Can someone tell me how they find a way to appear 20 pounds heavier only 1 day after weighing in?..And does anyone know what Shane and Brock's REAL weights were at fight time?..Cause Shane looked in the 275 range and Brock looked every bit of 285-290..Thank you..
They both cut weight to make 265. Brock said he was actually 265, eating heathly since the surgery and Carwin bulked up to 275. 

Brocky, Brocky, Brocky, Brocky, Brocky
pimp.gif

I watched the fight in Hooters and I was the only one who had the balls to chant for Brock when most people were rooting for Shane.  I was screaming my lungs out when everybody was silent.

To all the Brock haters and Shane nutthuggers, this fight showed that Shane ain't ready to be a Champion.  It doesn't matter whether the fight should have been stopped via TKO.  If he can't last 3 rounds with an opponent let alone 5 than he ain't worthy to be a Champion plain and simple.  If would have been a waste if the ref stopped the fight and declared Shane as the Champ.  Brock is the TRUE Champ. 

I'm happy for Brock
pimp.gif

I don't think i've ever seen Brock be called mediocre.  That's funny considering he's the best heavyweight at the moment.  He's only had 6 fights and he's beating top guys.  Of course his standup is still developing, every fighter has holes in their game.  To be that good that early in your career is amazing.

Originally Posted by an dee 51o

Originally Posted by ex carrabba fan

I think calling Brock a "mediocre" fighter because of his stand up is like calling Anderson Silva a "mediocre" fighter because of his ground game. Yeah, Brock was getting destroyed trying to stand with Carwin, but so did Mir and Gonzaga. And both of them have above average stand up game.
Except Anderson's ground game is more than exceptional.
Okay, I admit that was a bad example. The point that I was trying to make was that you can't really call Brock's stand up terrible because even dudes with good stand up have gotten crapped on by Carwin.

And I dunno if you can call Spiders ground game "more than" exceptional. Who has he really had to do work off his back against? The only person I can think of is Hendo, and Hendo clearly won that first round.
Travis Lutter...UFC 67...Triangle Choke

JM

anyone who calls Brock mediocre is out of their minds.

Lesnar showed some serious heart in that fight, and i think this performance has humbled him quite a bit as he now realizes hes not invincible.

Still Lesnar is, was, and will always be my dude
pimp.gif

OH and I was 4 for 5 in predictions tonight.

Im a genius

Originally Posted by Club29

Lesnar showed some serious heart in that fight, and i think this performance has humbled him quite a bit as he now realizes hes not invincible.

pimp.gif

Im a genius

laugh.gif
 at anyone callin Brock mediocre. 

Damn what a great fight.  During the Rd 1 onslaught I was hopin and prayin that Rosenthal wouldn't stop the fight.  Glad he gave the champ every opportunity to fight back and defend himself.  Terrible sub defense by Carwin in Rd 2, but I'm not complaining.

Club - what was your missed prediction?  The Sexyama fight was my big miss of the night, but hat's off to Leben.  Luckily my 2 heaviest plays were Lesnar and Lytle so all in all turned out to be a pretty decent betting night.

Originally Posted by shogun

I don't think i've ever seen Brock be called mediocre.  That's funny considering he's the best heavyweight at the moment.  He's only had 6 fights and he's beating top guys.  Of course his standup is still developing, every fighter has holes in their game.  To be that good that early in your career is amazing.
Exactly.  To be the champ already this early in his career is a great accomplishment.  Scary part is he's still improving and seems to be a willing learner so he's only going to get better.  He put that choke on Shane Carwin with ease, if anything, he exposed Shane Carwin's ground game defense.  Brock's not a technical striker and probably will never be one.  He doesn't have to be one though because his strength is on the ground even thought I think he'll improve his stand up.

Originally Posted by Mojodmonky1

Originally Posted by Club29

pimp.gif

Im a genius

laugh.gif
 at anyone callin Brock mediocre. 

Damn what a great fight.  During the Rd 1 onslaught I was hopin and prayin that Rosenthal wouldn't stop the fight.  Glad he gave the champ every opportunity to fight back and defend himself.  Terrible sub defense by Carwin in Rd 2, but I'm not complaining.

Club - what was your missed prediction?  The Sexyama fight was my big miss of the night, but hat's off to Leben.  Luckily my 2 heaviest plays were Lesnar and Lytle so all in all turned out to be a pretty decent betting night.

I actually had Kryzstoff winning by decision against Bonnar, who I always felt was average at best.

Good win for him though.

Originally Posted by jmadidas2001

Originally Posted by ex carrabba fan

I think calling Brock a "mediocre" fighter because of his stand up is like calling Anderson Silva a "mediocre" fighter because of his ground game. Yeah, Brock was getting destroyed trying to stand with Carwin, but so did Mir and Gonzaga. And both of them have above average stand up game.
Except Anderson's ground game is more than exceptional.
Okay, I admit that was a bad example. The point that I was trying to make was that you can't really call Brock's stand up terrible because even dudes with good stand up have gotten crapped on by Carwin.

And I dunno if you can call Spiders ground game "more than" exceptional. Who has he really had to do work off his back against? The only person I can think of is Hendo, and Hendo clearly won that first round.
Travis Lutter...UFC 67...Triangle Choke

JM

a JM sighting and in the MMA post 
eek.gif
Haven't seen you since I stopped with JB back in 07/08. Good to see you around.

Brock Lesnar vs. Cain Velasquez Agree to Fight at UFC 121

Can't wait for this fight but I see Brock taking this as well. Take down then GnP.

Back
Top Bottom