Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

Originally Posted by cRazy dav0

Originally Posted by an dee 51o

he didn't really survive it ... the ref should have called it ... son could have died literally ... brock was talking all that trash ... brock was shook from the first hit and was backing up after that ... just str8 shook
Salty. Brock was ok. This is coming from someone going for Carwin. Brock is an ANIMAL.
how am i salty
indifferent.gif
... i don't care who wins / loses ... i know when i see someone get beat down and not throw 1 punch ... it should be called ... props to him for recovering given the chance ... but it won't change my opinion 
Look, Carwin was throwing down hard, but Brock was defending himself the entire time.  There were a few times where I thought the ref MIGHT stop it, but it was good refereeing.  You NEVER want a questionable stoppage in a title fight.  Did you see Brock after the 1st round in the corner?  He was fine.

And how is he supposed to be throwing punches when he's defending himself and trying to improve his position?

i hate when people say it shulda been stopped.

Everybody complains when a fight is stopped too early, brock took some good shots but blocked most of them which not only hurts carwins hands but it tires him out as well. If carwin wanted to win he shulda knocked him out

unbelievable...BROCK LESNAR!!!!!!

1. What an early attack by Carwin, Lesnar was shook.
2. Props to Rosenthal for not stopping the fight.
3. Props to Brock for surviving, pushing off with his feet helped.
4. Brock can take a punch.
5. 2nd round - Brock's transition from side control to mount to side control to arm triangle was awesome!
6. What were the odds for Brock win via submission in the 2nd?!?!

BROCK!!!!!!! CHAMP!!!!!

BRING ON CAIN!

Lesnar bagged me 50 bucks.
smile.gif
. 2nd round finish ftw. Brock cannot run away like he did in the first round. That was straight embarassing. He needs boxing work quick.If Lesnar can get awesome boxing technique. Its a wrap for any heavyweight. Other than that Lesnar is just BEAST. Cain is next. Ufc 116 was great all around.

Cain has better cardio then that but hes so small compared to Lesnar

Lesnar has insane cardio for being so big and bulky

I dont think Carwins cardio is that bad he just punched himself out, he probably wanted to keep that "never getting out of the 1st round" streak going

I thought it was over for Brock for a sec but damn he was eating those hits. Carwin could beat him but it has to be quick or dude needs to pace himself some how. Damn Brock is beast though. I didn't like dude but he came back strong. Respect.

I agree with everyone that Rosenthal made the great decision to not stop that fight. It was the 1st round of a championship fight, and Brock was defending himself intelligently and very active in the bottom position. No signs of his body limp or stiff. 

The main event was crazy.
eek.gif

pimp.gif

Major props to Brock for surviving that onslaught from Carwin, then submitting him.

The Rock looked HUUUUUUUUUUUGE next to Brock. I actually couldn't even tell who that was at first. His arms were as big as my thigh.

Originally Posted by CaptainCrown

I agree with everyone that Rosenthal made the great decision to not stop that fight. It was the 1st round of a championship fight, and Brock was defending himself intelligently and very active in the bottom position. No signs of his body limp or stiff. 

Originally Posted by venom lyrix

unbelievable...BROCK LESNAR!!!!!!

1. What an early attack by Carwin, Lesnar was shook.
2. Props to Rosenthal for not stopping the fight.
3. Props to Brock for surviving, pushing off with his feet helped.
4. Brock can take a punch.
5. 2nd round - Brock's transition from side control to mount to side control to arm triangle was awesome!
6. What were the odds for Brock win via submission in the 2nd?!?!

BROCK!!!!!!! CHAMP!!!!!

BRING ON CAIN!

116.ufc.com/#/BernardSoGreat predicted Brock- better ground game, when they hit the ground it is over; we may even see a surprise tap out!

the post fight presser was really funny.

Brock was asked how he was going to celebrate this win as opposed to the last Mir win and he paused and goes "I'm going to go home and watch my Direct Tv, ride my harley davidson" and Dana pats him on the back and goes thank you.

Then someone asked about James Toney, and right before that they were talking about Brock's 1st fight and how Dana was possibly trying to make an example of him and Dana says

"we are going to make an example of Toney" "Randy Couture called me and said if James Toney actually wants to fight I wanna be the guy, and you don't say no to Randy Couture"

Originally Posted by wawaweewa

What that showed though was that when Lesnar fights another real HW, he's mediocre.

Carwin %$@@#! himself over. If he picked his shots better in the 1st I think he would've got the stoppage.

Mediocre?

That's REALLY cutting Shane Carwin short, and you're really making it seem like there are a bunch of "real" heavyweights out there. Shane is just about as special a heavyweight that Brock is.  It's as if you're saying  that  only fighters that need to cut to get below 265 are "real heavyweights".  Most times, being that big is a disadvantage in MMA.  You aren't as quick, you aren't as skilled, and you aren't as athletic.  Both of these guys are about as athletic and quick as guys in smaller divisions. And Brock made it completely clear that his athleticism is on a completely different level and the finish shows that he is continuing to work on new ways to beat people. That's pretty damn scary.

And I can't believe any of you think the fight should have been stopped. I've watched the fight 4 times already and there wasn't very many times that Carwin's punches were landing in bunches.  Have fights been stopped for less? Sure.  But given the context of the fight and considering everything that was on the line, they were going to let that fight go until there was a decisive finish.  Brock was in trouble, but he was definitely defending himself.  If he dropped his hands or went limp, stop it.  But if he's keeping punches from landing, let it go until someone is put to sleep.

Originally Posted by Lakersfan1

Originally Posted by an dee 51o

he didn't really survive it ... the ref should have called it ... son could have died literally ... brock was talking all that trash ... brock was shook from the first hit and was backing up after that ... just str8 shook
Salty. Brock was ok. This is coming from someone going for Carwin. Brock is an ANIMAL.
how am i salty
indifferent.gif
... i don't care who wins / loses ... i know when i see someone get beat down and not throw 1 punch ... it should be called ... props to him for recovering given the chance ... but it won't change my opinion 
.. since day one i have wanted Brock to get knocked out into oblivion the man was defending himself intelligently. And if you are right (which you arent) thats the fastest recovery i have seen
Marcus Davis would like to have a talk with you...

Back
Top Bottom