Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

Gotta go with Silva (Chute Boxe FTW), Alves, Dos Anjos, Dos Santos, and Hughes (even though I hate Matt Hughes)

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE KNOCK THIS GUY OUT ANDERSON. NO F'N AROUND THIS TIME, GET THE JOB DONE AND GET OUT.

I'm hoping Alves can prevent the constant TD's Fitch will throw his way and outstrike him, it's a longshot, but I'd like to see a KO.

Guida & Hughes should both be able to avoid the submissions and utilize active top control for UD's.

Can't forget about my man Cigano! 1st rd KO/TKO just like the others, Roy will feel the wrath of JDS' power in this one!!

MAIN CARD

Champ Anderson Silva
vs. Chael Sonnen (for middleweight title)
Thiago Alves vs. Jon Fitch
Rafael dos Anjos vs. Clay Guida
Ricardo Almeida vs. Matt Hughes
Junior Dos Santos vs. Roy Nelson

PRELIMINARY CARD

Dustin Hazelett
vs. Rick Story
Phil Davis vs. Rodney Wallace
Tim Boetsch vs. Todd Brown
Charlie Brenneman vs. Johny Hendricks
Christian Morecraft vs. Stefan Struve
Dennis Hallman vs. Ben Saunders

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE KNOCK THIS GUY OUT ANDERSON. NO F'N AROUND THIS TIME, GET THE JOB DONE AND GET OUT.

I'm hoping Alves can prevent the constant TD's Fitch will throw his way and outstrike him, it's a longshot, but I'd like to see a KO.

Guida & Hughes should both be able to avoid the submissions and utilize active top control for UD's.

Can't forget about my man Cigano! 1st rd KO/TKO just like the others, Roy will feel the wrath of JDS' power in this one!!

MAIN CARD

Champ Anderson Silva
vs. Chael Sonnen (for middleweight title)
Thiago Alves vs. Jon Fitch
Rafael dos Anjos vs. Clay Guida
Ricardo Almeida vs. Matt Hughes
Junior Dos Santos vs. Roy Nelson

PRELIMINARY CARD

Dustin Hazelett
vs. Rick Story
Phil Davis vs. Rodney Wallace
Tim Boetsch vs. Todd Brown
Charlie Brenneman vs. Johny Hendricks
Christian Morecraft vs. Stefan Struve
Dennis Hallman vs. Ben Saunders

8727324.gif

this dude chael better be ready to back up everything he said
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by True Blues

Apparently, Alves is having problems with the cut... doesn't help his chances against Fitch.
he was 210 not to long ago, last i heard he has 15lbs to go

Originally Posted by TheHealthInspector

8727324.gif

this dude chael better be ready to back up everything he said
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
WOW pink shirt and everything  
eek.gif

roll.gif

[AmirSadollah] I predict Anderson to win...by murder. [/AmirSadollah]

Originally Posted by The Fresh Sole

Apparently, Alves is having problems with the cut... doesn't help his chances against Fitch.

I think that was an unsubstantiated rumor.  I mean c'mon.  210 to 185 is a big cut to make.  Do you honestly believe that any human being can make a 40 lb water weight cut which is right around 19% of his entire body weight?  I'm no doctor, but I'm guessing that your vital organs would just shut down if you lost 40lbs of water from your system overnight.

Originally Posted by Mojodmonky1

I think that was an unsubstantiated rumor.  I mean c'mon.  210 to 185 is a big cut to make.  Do you honestly believe that any human being can make a 40 lb water weight cut which is right around 19% of his entire body weight?  I'm no doctor, but I'm guessing that your vital organs would just shut down if you lost 40lbs of water from your system overnight.

He did get up around 210 while he was recovering from his surgery. He doesn't cut weight for a fight from 210 pounds.

Originally Posted by RustyShackleford

Originally Posted by Mojodmonky1

He did get up around 210 while he was recovering from his surgery. He doesn't cut weight for a fight from 210 pounds.

ahhhh gotcha.  i thought he implied that he was 210 while in camp.  i have to imagine a lot of fighters balloon up when they arent actively in training for a fight.

Im excited for 117. It wont match up with 116 for damn SURE. I will be going for Roy, Matt, Clay, Alves and Sonnen. Im most excited for Nelson and JDS. Roy is a veteran with great stand up and grappling. JDS wont know what hit him. Matt isnt title worthy but he isnt finished i think hell pull it off. Clay and pray. Alves is too scrappy for ring rust. But Jon Fitch might win a decision. Its hard to say. As for the main event, Sonnen has a chance but not a very big one. I HATE Silva but I recognize his talent. I want him to lose.

Im excited for 117. It wont match up with 116 for damn SURE. I will be going for Roy, Matt, Clay, Alves and Sonnen. Im most excited for Nelson and JDS. Roy is a veteran with great stand up and grappling. JDS wont know what hit him. Matt isnt title worthy but he isnt finished i think hell pull it off. Clay and pray. Alves is too scrappy for ring rust. But Jon Fitch might win a decision. Its hard to say. As for the main event, Sonnen has a chance but not a very big one. I HATE Silva but I recognize his talent. I want him to lose.

I just don't see Sonnen beating or even having any shot against the Spider. I think his talking is going to cost him a beating in this fight. I see the Spider either finishing this fight quick or punishing Sonnen before finishing him off in the later rounds. I just hope Anderson Silva doesn't pull any of that showboating stuff but you never know, that might be his way to show his disrespect towards Sonnen. I just hope Sonnen can at least put up a good fight but I think dude is going to get punished.

I'm leaning towards Big Country against JDS. Big Country's striking is solid but I'm sure he's going to try and take the fight to the ground. JDS is way too dangerous to stand up with but if Big Country gets it to the ground and he's on top, I think it will be a wrap for JDS.

I'm pumped for this card, some good match ups that should provide plenty of fireworks.

I honestly fear for Chael a little bit...he deserves to get an unprecedented, unholy smacketh down layed upon him. I see him getting knocked down a few times and let up like Forrest, at which time he'll go for a lazy shot and get his head knee'd into bolivian. He'll claim he was never in the octagon that night.

Fitch vs Alves is a tough call....Fitch outworks him easily if Alves is sick from his weight cut.

I wonder if JDS is strong enough to escape Roy from the bottom...Roy in side control = a wrap...but JDS boxing is slick. Could go either way. I'll take JDS. He'll take the Arlovski route to a TKO.

Hughes will win in some annoying fashion and do the Tito grave digging celebration on a Gracie Barra gi in the middle of the ring.

I root for Clay Guida regardless.

alves didn't make weight.  what a surprise.
he needs to lose some of that muscle and get leaner in the future.

lot of dudes thinkin Big Country is gonna pull it out.

Anyone care to sigbet? I got J2S the whole way.

I'd bet cash but its already been proven that dudes would rather never show their face than pay up on a friendly $50 bet. (see below)

sonnen vs silva is
laugh.gif
. silva returning the stare down. honesty, i like to see a close fight and rematch this s*** is pure comedy. Can't wait to see the final stare down tomorrow.

Originally Posted by shogun

alves didn't make weight.  what a surprise.
he needs to lose some of that muscle and get leaner in the future.
Only half a pound over. It's not too bad. I think he can make the weight, but this half pound is gonna be killer for him though.

Mojo why would you bet cash on a website anyway man lol. Any schmoe can make a name and just talk outta their &@$. And betting AGAINST silva too. A web bet aint nothin to the satisfactory for a real life bet ducking from another dude. But other than that, I havent seen enough of Roys game to be 100% sure he'll do it. But Id say his chances are greater seeing that he's a former champ.

Sonnen will not get out of the first round.

Big Country's BJJ is elite but if it stays standing he won't last long either.

Back
Top Bottom