Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

Originally Posted by MonopolyMan630

Main event can't end in a decision, right? Diaz by submission.

Sure it can. Both guys can take a lot of punishment and have great recovery when hurt. Also, both have amazing cardio to go the distance and can match each others' pace. Hopefully we get something similar to the Hendo/Shogun fight.

With that said, I'm gonna go out on a limb and pick Condit via stoppage. Diaz tends to get dropped a lot (although he never appears to be hurt too badly) and if Condit is successful in doing that, I think he can swarm him and finish it. Not to mention, Diaz cuts very easily. I'd hate to see a fight of this caliber end due to cuts, but I can see that happening. Diaz' last defeat was from doctor stoppage...

Diaz is rightfully the favorite, but I think a lot of people are underestimating Condit. Can't blame them, though, both of the Diaz brothers are on a tear and are hard to pick against.

Originally Posted by Newbs24

Over/Under Goldy saying "Stockton Slap" during the PPV... I am setting it at 4.5

Diaz is not taking Condit lightly bringing in Schilling and Mulkey... He knows what Condit is all about and is preparing
4.5 minutes? I'll bet he says it before the fight starts.
laugh.gif

Add "pitter-patter punching" and "punches in bunches" to that list as well.

This is gonna be a WAR
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I got Nick taking it in under 3 rounds. Carlos isn't going to be able to keep up with Nick's pace. The 209 Era is about to begin 
pimp.gif

And I hope the UFC isn't stupid enough to bring into the cage if Nick wins.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Im a fan of both so I just want to see a good fight.
UFC needs to chill with putting GSP in condit/diaz primetime shows. Its like they want condit to lose

--Malki Kawa yesterday on MMA Junkie radio said that if Carlos Condit wins, he is not going to wait until November to defend his interim title for Georges St. Pierre.  That's good news for Josh Koscheck, if he wins tonight, or the winner of Jake Ellenberger vs. Diego Sanchez, who would appear to be in line for a shot.  Nick Diaz is expected not to fight anyone until GSP returns.

--The just announced Brandon Vera vs. Thiago Silva main event for a 5/15 FX show in Fairfax, VA, is out as Vera pulled out due to an injury.

--There will be a new open for the UFC PPV's starting tonight.  No more Gladiator stuff.  This will be a historic deal starting with Royce Gracie and Ken Shamrock and then using the more modern stars that helped build the Zuffa brand.

Wonderboy's kick was sexy. 
pimp.gif

I hope he goes the way of Edson Barborza and becomes a contender, and not Pat Barry 

Herman over Starks by decision
Barao over Jorgensen by submission
Koscheck over Pierce by TKO
Nelson over Werdum by decision
Diaz over Condit by KO (3rd round)

R.I.P. Gladiator intro. 
frown.gif

That "Face the Pain" crap needs to go next.

New intro wasn't too bad. Hans Zimmer could've done better, though. Overall, I liked it.

Back
Top Bottom