Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

Originally Posted by shogun

I hope Rashad somehow pulls off a miracle win.  jones needs to be humbled.

Why does he need to be humbled?  Say he rips off 2-3-4 more title defenses after already being undefeated in his career... Doesn't he have the right to be arrogant?

Im hype for Aoki v Alvarez II. Aoki gonna wear eddie as a backpack and the neck crank comes in rd 2...
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

Why does he need to be humbled?  Say he rips off 2-3-4 more title defenses after already being undefeated in his career... Doesn't he have the right to be arrogant?
He does but I just don't like the guy.  I don't like arrogant fighters in general.  

He does but I just don't like the guy.  I don't like arrogant fighters in general.  
I don't get these feelings. You don't have to like the guy, but to say he "needs to be humbled." Why?
He's great, everyone knows it. He knows it, he holds the belt, and he has people coming for his head every day. Plus he's going up against a guy that alllllwaaaays talks **@$ in Rashad, for him to stay quiet and not stand his ground would be a sign of weakness. 

He doesn't need to be humbled, he's the champ, he has to have a sense of pride and arrogance in order to "play the character" and be the face of the division. Even if he loses I don't think he'll change his ways. 

I never understood the hate for Jones or dislike.. It's not braggin' if you can back it up. And...well...I guess it speaks for itself.

He'll never be humbled because that's who he is.

It's pretty easy to see why people dislike jones and call him arrogant. I won't say it bc I hate to bring it up but the young man is constantly hated for dumb things. Fans love when Liddell would do his patent move after knocking somebody out or love when bj licked blood off his gloves. But when jones or rashad celebrate they are showboating and being cocky.
laugh.gif
I do want rashad to win btw. Out of all my friends I'm the only one who roots for him.

Yeah, I can see the reasons why he is disliked, it's just that I don't understand it. Maybe it's just me, but there has never been any fighter that I disliked. I really don't care what they do before and after the fight.

I think it has to do with me growing up a wrestling fan and seeing all of them act a fool.

MMA is a real sport, but at the end of the day it's entertainment, too.

I mean all elite athletes in any sport have a bit of arrogance to some degree.

And I'm confident Rashad fits into that category as well.
laugh.gif

Man tomorrow can get here soon enough.
pimp.gif

[h1]Couture names two men who could beat Jon Jones [/h1]
ESPN staff
April 20, 2012 « Murray outgunned by Berdych in Monte Carlo | Ferguson 'had a word' with Young over diving »
37244.2.jpg

Jon Jones is ready to defend his UFC title [emoji]169[/emoji] Getty Images
Enlarge

Related Links

Randy Couture is convinced an out-and-out striker will never beat UFC light-heavyweight champion Jon Jones, predicting that the likes of Dan Henderson or Chael Sonnen are the men to dethrone the 205lb king.

Jones enters into a huge fight with Rashad Evans at UFC 145 with widespread expectation that he will chalk up another successful defence of his belt. Should he do so, the question will grow larger as to who can beat the seemingly invincible youngster.

Couture has his theory, predicting that Jones needs to be taken to areas that completely negate his incredible reach advantage. That means wrestling, and that means utilising the cage.

"I think a fighter like Dan Henderson or even Chael Sonnen, who is a very big 185-pounder and used to compete as a light-heavyweight with strong wrestling," Couture told Five Ounces of Pain.

"They have to take him out of his comfort zone and take away his reach advantage. There is no longer in the division and maybe not in the sport as far as Jones' reach.

"His takedown defence is good and he has very good wrestling. He has very unorthodox striking which makes him very dangerous.

"I think you have to use the fence, use your wrestling and force him to fight your fight. Either one of those guys can do that."

Originally Posted by venom lyrix

I don't get these feelings. You don't have to like the guy, but to say he "needs to be humbled." Why?
He's great, everyone knows it. He knows it, he holds the belt, and he has people coming for his head every day. Plus he's going up against a guy that alllllwaaaays talks **@$ in Rashad, for him to stay quiet and not stand his ground would be a sign of weakness. 

He doesn't need to be humbled, he's the champ, he has to have a sense of pride and arrogance in order to "play the character" and be the face of the division. Even if he loses I don't think he'll change his ways. 
this...   

But i also can't stand "humble" fighters as well
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by chino905

anyone watching Bellator? they almost had a post fight brawl, word to Shields/Mayhem
laugh.gif

what happen? i missed the beginning of the post fight interview. 

Damn, wanted Aoki to win, but his striking is too pie.

I think Anderson Silva could take Jones out.

Back
Top Bottom