Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

herb dean just chilling like "eh, probably gonna keep on like this and go to a decision" 
laugh.gif

edit - bones with the "yeah this fights mine clinch"
laugh.gif

Good fight.

Rashad didn't want none after Jones start hitting him with those elbows.

He spent the rest of the fight turtling with his right hand covering his face.

Jon Jones.
pimp.gif

*waits for the rhetoric about him being fake or too arrogant to kick back up again*

Rashad "Sugar Survival Mode" Evans

why one earth did was he only throwing wild right hands from the jump?

I dont get it or his fight plan

As more of an objective viewer and dont care too much about ufc it was a very boring fight, jones is a monster though. Would like to see a silva vs. jones fight

I give Rashad credit. He probably put Jones in more danger than any other fighter. Stunned him with the head kick.

Game plan was not bad. Threw some good leg kicks and some good combos.

But he played Jones game too much with all that hand grabbing.

When Jones had his arms extended like that, I expected him to try to go underneath and box from the inside. Mike Tyson style. Get in on the bigger fighter, negate his range.

He just wasn't going to win being on the outside.

Once you get your clock cleaned like that, you go into survival mode. It happens to the best fighters in the world sometimes. And I'm sure there was a bit of Rashad that REFUSED to get KOd by Jones.

Funny thing is, I think there was also a part of Jones that didn't want to KO Rashad.

Originally Posted by illphillip

I give Rashad credit. He probably put Jones in more danger than any other fighter. Stunned him with the head kick.

Game plan was not bad. Threw some good leg kicks and some good combos.

But he played Jones game too much with all that hand grabbing.

When Jones had his arms extended like that, I expected him to try to go underneath and box from the inside. Mike Tyson style. Get in on the bigger fighter, negate his range.

He just wasn't going to win being on the outside.

Once you get your clock cleaned like that, you go into survival mode. It happens to the best fighters in the world sometimes. And I'm sure there was a bit of Rashad that REFUSED to get KOd by Jones.

Funny thing is, I think there was also a part of Jones that didn't want to KO Rashad.
This. Jones could've finished him in round 3-4 easily.

I don't understand why fighters don't leg kick Jones more. Son got them T-Mac legs, in addition to be taller than all his opponents. Chop down the tree.

Rashad's boxing is great. Almost Rampage level. But you're not gonna beat someone with that much of a reach advantage on you from the outside.

Originally Posted by Chuck Finster

I don't understand why fighters don't leg kick Jones more. Son got them T-Mac legs, in addition to be taller than all his opponents. Chop down the tree.

yup, those were there all day

Originally Posted by Chuck Finster

Rashad's boxing is great. Almost Rampage level. But you're not gonna beat someone with that much of a reach advantage on you from the outside.
It's not as easy as it looks. If someone attempts to do that they are still open to getting hit by Jones punches and elbows.

hard to kick Jones legs cus his arms are as long as opponents legs

Bones does a good job of switching stances and is never heavy weight on that front foot.

I felt like Rashad needed to be inside his chest. and if that meant taking a jab to get inside, he had to risk that. out of 100 fights he would lose 100 times fighting at the end of Bones' jab.

He got better chance being in his chest even if it is just slightly better

Originally Posted by TheHealthInspector

he did throw kicks and they landed almost every time, he just didnt keep going with it

they werent effective, and they were all while basically falling back. i think it was the end of the 2nd round, Bones had timed those kicks and was catching his leg in his hand. those Kicks had to go right out the windown after that

Back
Top Bottom