Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

I felt like Rashad needed to be inside his chest. and if that meant taking a jab to get inside, he had to risk that. out of 100 fights he would lose 100 times fighting at the end of Bones' jab.

He got better chance being in his chest even if it is just slightly better

That's what I'm saying. With that much of a reach and height disadvantage, this was his only course of action.

I told someone on Friday that this was Rashad's best shot but that he likely wouldn't do it because he's not at all a careless fighter who will put himself in that much danger.

I told that same person that Hendo will likely have the best shot. Because he might be the most willing to wade in on Jones, he can take a punch, and if he lands the H Bomb, he might shock the world.

Originally Posted by illphillip

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

I felt like Rashad needed to be inside his chest. and if that meant taking a jab to get inside, he had to risk that. out of 100 fights he would lose 100 times fighting at the end of Bones' jab.

He got better chance being in his chest even if it is just slightly better

That's what I'm saying. With that much of a reach and height disadvantage, this was his only course of action.

I told someone on Friday that this was Rashad's best shot but that he likely wouldn't do it because he's not at all a careless fighter who will put himself in that much danger.

I told that same person that Hendo will likely have the best shot. Because he might be the most willing to wade in on Jones, he can take a punch, and if he lands the H Bomb, he might shock the world.

Hendo is too slow. But I don't mind watching that fight.

Problem with Hendo is he can be too wreckless.

I see him possibly getting subbed.

But I think he MAY have the best shot.

H Bomb!

H Bomb!
Rashad Evans had the best chance with his speed. Hendo is too old and too slow. No one beats Jones unless he moves to heavyweight, and he might not lose then.

I picked every single winner tonight
pimp.gif

McDonald and MacDonald are beasts. I can definitely see them at the top of their divisions for a long time. Still calling Rory The Waterboy... Ares
laugh.gif

Rothwell
pimp.gif
Dude has chin.

Bones gonna Bones... dude is lethal. People calling this a boring fight need to realize Rashad is definitely the #2 guy in the division. We're spoiled that we expect Jones to finish every fight. He beat up Rashad pretty damn badly.

any news if Rashad's Orbital Bone is cracked? cus it looked like it may have been esp the way he was overly protective of it after that 2nd round

Originally Posted by freakydestroyer

H Bomb!
Rashad Evans had the best chance with his speed. Hendo is too old and too slow. No one beats Jones unless he moves to heavyweight, and he might not lose then.
I don't look as speed as being something that will help you against Bones. Dude is by no means slow.

You need to fight on the inside and negate his range. At which point your speed will be negated as well.

Rashad is also too cerebral a fighter. Not a killer. Lots of decisions. Someone has to go for !@$!%!$ broke on Jones and Hendo might have the mentality to do it.

Yes, Hendo probably is too old and slow now. But stylistically, he has the best shot IMO. World class wrestler with serious one shot KO power.

Allow me to also take this moment to restate how @#$!%%+ LIVID I am at Overeem @#$!%%+ up the next Main Event.

Allow me to also take this moment to restate how @#$!%%+ LIVID I am at Overeem @#$!%%+ up the next Main Event.
Me too, but it shouldn't be a surprise. Everyone knew, we just thought he'd be smart enough not to be juicing around the time of a press conference
indifferent.gif
eyes.gif

I give zero dambs about Cigano vs. Mir. Mir is getting K'ed quick.

It's not a surprise but how the *+!$ does he get caught NOW. Not when he's fighting @#!+*+! Werdum. Not before Brock.

But when we're about to see the 2 illest HW strikers in the world go at it.

@#!+*+! LIVID.

Originally Posted by freakydestroyer

H Bomb!
I don't look as speed as being something that will help you against Bones. Dude is by no means slow.

You need to fight on the inside and negate his range. At which point your speed will be negated as well.

Yes, Hendo probably is too old and slow. But stylistically, he has the best shot IMO. World class wrestler with serious one shot KO power.
Oh no I'm not saying that Bones is slow. Jones will be smart enough to not brawl with Hendo.

I don't disagree with you for the record. Jones is a smart fighter. He doesn't brawl with anyone. Moves well and uses his range well.

That range will always make it tough for anyone to brawl with him.

I don't know who at LHW I would put money on to beat him.

Anderson maybe if he moves up.

I'm not sure what HW's I'd put money on to beat him. I'd say even JDS or Overeem would be a pick 'em.

And the kid is 24.

Damn.....

He didn't just $@@+ up the main event, he ruined the whole main card. The match-ups were fine as-is, now it's probably gonna be reshuffled into a bunch of uninteresting fights. If they match-up Cain with Bigfoot, I'll puke. We already seen that fight and it ended with Cormier knocking him out. I'd also be surprised if Mir lasted more than 2 minutes with JDS. At this point, I'm looking forward to the stacked under card more than the main card.

It's a long shot, but maybe we'll see 'Reem/Cain if he can somehow convince NASC to license him for 146. The UFC would treat the demotion from the title shot as his 'punishment' and I'd be fine with that. As of right now, I don't think Cain has an opponent, so maybe they're waiting to see how 'Reem's hearing goes (wishful thinking, I know).

Oh and Hendo has nothing for Jones. Dan has apparently forgot how to wrestle over the last few years and he'll be taken down and subbed before it reaches the championship rounds. I'll be looking forward to it, however.

We were all expecting him to get caught.  It just sucks since that was the best HW matchup we could possibly get.  Junior is going to finish Mir quick.

Back
Top Bottom