Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

Originally Posted by RustyShackleford

Originally Posted by TheHealthInspector

rewatch the fight people - carlos reestablishes the center when he circles OUT
Then Nick walks towards him, Carlos gives it up and starts circling again. 

not until after throwing strikes which he does after he reestablishes the center

he reestablishes the center SO THAT he can set up his strikes

method=get&s=kalib-starnes-nate-quarry.gif

people are mad
laugh.gif
, notice ^ how kalib never reestablishes the center, yall sound like yall dont know what circling OUT and reestablishing the center is

arent some of yall boxing fans too?
FIRST: That gif. was towards the end of the fight brah. 
SECOND: Reestablishing the center is a BS argument. The first two rounds went something like this, Nick presses Condit, Condit backs up, then circles away, then takes the center of  

the cage for a second or two, Diaz moves towards Condit again, Carlos backs up immediately and circles away. Repeat x20 and you got the first two rounds. 

-MMA judging is suppose to reward octagon control and aggressiveness. So you mean to tell me that Carlos moving backwards and sideways was showing more octagon control and 

aggressiveness than Diaz constantly pushing toward? ##+

people are mad
laugh.gif
, notice ^ how kalib never reestablishes the center, yall sound like yall dont know what circling OUT and reestablishing the center is

arent some of yall boxing fans too?
FIRST: That gif. was towards the end of the fight brah. 
SECOND: Reestablishing the center is a BS argument. The first two rounds went something like this, Nick presses Condit, Condit backs up, then circles away, then takes the center of  

the cage for a second or two, Diaz moves towards Condit again, Carlos backs up immediately and circles away. Repeat x20 and you got the first two rounds. 

-MMA judging is suppose to reward octagon control and aggressiveness. So you mean to tell me that Carlos moving backwards and sideways was showing more octagon control and 

aggressiveness than Diaz constantly pushing toward? ##+

youre right, and the underlined part is the most important part - its when condit controls the striking - youre making it sound like all condit did was run the whole time, as if he never stood still after resetting and threw strikes - and it wasnt for "a second or two"

diaz wasnt able to control the striking because condit would circle out against the cage

yall dont get it, diaz wasnt able to fight his fight tonight because condit wasnt dumb enough to stand right in front of him and let nick pepper away against the cage

"octagon control" isnt just pressing forward, its also about controlling the striking which is what condit did

nick doesnt get points just for walking forward with his hands up high in the air

youre right, and the underlined part is the most important part - its when condit controls the striking - youre making it sound like all condit did was run the whole time, as if he never stood still after resetting and threw strikes - and it wasnt for "a second or two"

diaz wasnt able to control the striking because condit would circle out against the cage

yall dont get it, diaz wasnt able to fight his fight tonight because condit wasnt dumb enough to stand right in front of him and let nick pepper away against the cage
Dude I'm not talking about the whole time. Condit clearly won rounds 3 and 4. I know this. Everything you are saying I agree applies to rounds 3 and 4 
But in rounds 1 and 2 he did nothing. He just avoided Nick, that's all. Especially round one. Even Goldberg and Rogan said Carlos looked hesitant. And Nick was putting his hands down 

in front of Condit, walking forward and telling Carlos to fight and Condit just kept moving backwards. But the judges gave them to Carlos. BS

-And what about aggression? A major criteria, you actually trying to say Carlos was more aggressive?

Dude I'm not talking about the whole time. Condit clearly won rounds 3 and 4. I know this. Everything you are saying I agree applies to rounds 3 and 4 
But in rounds 1 and 2 he did nothing. He just avoided Nick, that's all. Especially round one. Even Goldberg and Rogan said Carlos looked hesitant. And Nick was putting his hands down 

in front of Condit, walking forward and telling Carlos to fight and Condit just kept moving backwards. But the judges gave them to Carlos. BS

-

except he didnt do nothing, he looked hesitant because he wasnt following up on his strikes

hed throw a punch/kick, pause, another punch/kick, pause, another punch/kick and then circle away - meanwhile what is nick doing?

in rounds 3, 4, and late into 2 he began following up his strikes and throwing in bunches instead of pausing

Originally Posted by quik1987

I think once the compuscore comes out people will understand
But the thing is compuscore doesn't mean everything because MMA is not judged like boxing. Why have octagon control and aggression as important criteria if you just gonna give it to the guy who land more strikes? Even if they score them as power shots too, none of Condit's blows hurt Diaz in anyway.
-I'm sorry but I will always, always favor the more aggressive fighter in decisions. I'm not down for point scoring strategies and lay-n-pray

Just came back from watching it in 3D in NYC. 
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
The 3D ain't a gimmick. It was Avatar 3D X UFC 
pimp.gif
Well worth the 27 bucks.

Pissed that Diaz lost. I had him winning the first two rounds(possibly 5 but that's a stretch). Condit didn't do #++# in those rounds but then picked it up. Wish Diaz took Carlos down sooner ...
Great strategy and win for Condit
tired.gif

Here are the stats

6821316701_037df474ba_z.jpg

I still think Condit won but damn. This is interesting though...

12639yf.gif

RondaRousey Ronda Rousey
If I wanted to see a man run for 25 minutes I'd go to a track meet. Diaz is the real champ, what a *******t fight 
roll.gif

Dana White clarified post-presser that he's actually open to a Condit-Diaz rematch. No reason for Condit to take it if GSP is ready though.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
I knew fighters would go ham on this decision. 
Why is Dana even playing like a re-match might be in the cards. He knows damn well that he's gonna be throwing money at Diaz and Condit tomorrow to make this happen. If Edgar v. 
Penn got a re-match then this fight deserves one too. 

And I love the message this would send to other fighters and the MMA world, if you gonna go out there and fight like Condit did, then we ain't gonna bust out the champagne and 

congratulate you on your great "strategy". Nope, you staying right at there level you're at, belt or no belt. 

And I love the message this would send to other fighters and the MMA world, if you gonna go out there and fight like Condit did, then we ain't gonna bust out the champagne and 
congratulate you on your great "strategy". Nope, you staying right at there level you're at, belt or no belt. 

"fight like condit did" ???  you mean like this?

21.gif

20.gif

24.gif

rewatch the fight and youll see who controlled the striking the ENTIRE fight, not just rounds 3 and 4

condit just wasnt following up on his strikes until late into the 2nd

sorry but i cant take ronda roussard seriously after talking about how condit ran for 25 min, im well aware that shes trained with nick

But the thing is compuscore doesn't mean everything because MMA is not judged like boxing. Why have octagon control and aggression as important criteria if you just gonna give it to the guy who land more strikes? Even if they score them as power shots too, none of Condit's blows hurt Diaz in anyway.
-I'm sorry but I will always, always favor the more aggressive fighter in decisions. I'm not down for point scoring strategies and lay-n-pray
This

@%%$ Greg Jackson. Dude trains safe fighters. Decisions all day. I just feel like Condit fought the fight like he knew Nick was better. Diaz was walking him down the entire fight. Ridiculous. I want to watch the MMA, not a Tae Kwon Do tournament.

Originally Posted by an dee 51o

This

@%%$ Greg Jackson. Dude trains safe fighters. Decisions all day. I just feel like Condit fought the fight like he knew Nick was better. Diaz was walking him down the entire fight. Ridiculous. I want to watch the MMA, not a Tae Kwon Do tournament.

awsome, walking him down with his hands high in the air losing the striking battle or with his arms crossed throwing nothing

and feel free to let me know what your definition of "mma" is - tonight i watched a boxer/bjj fighter make use of punches on the head and body and his bjj skills on condits back and a muay thai fighter make use of head punches, body punches, leg kicks, head kicks, push kicks, clinch knees, flying knees, elbows, spinning back fists, etc etc etc

i certainly didnt see any "tae kwon do" or any tae kwon do styled matches

awsome, walking him down with his hands high in the air losing the striking battle or with his arms crossed throwing nothing

and feel free to let me know what your definition of "mma" is - tonight i watched a boxer/bjj fighter make use of punches on the head and body and his bjj skills on condits back and a muay thai fighter make use of head punches, body punches, leg kicks, head kicks, push kicks, clinch knees, flying knees, elbows, spinning back fists, etc etc etc

Please, dude. Did Condit come close to landing one of those flashy strikes? No. At what point did you see the Carlos Condit we're used to seeing? I was really excited for this fight. I am a fan of Condit, but he fought scared tonight. He would throw a combo and immediately start backpedaling throughout the entire fight. Natural Born Killer
laugh.gif

Well, you can't fight Diaz like you fight other fighters.  If you stand in front of him he's going to hit you with a 100 punches and you're going down.  Condit had a good gameplan but his kicks weren't as effective as they should've been.  He also wasn't able to connect with his flying knees or spinning backfists.  I thought it was a close fight, could've gone either way.

Originally Posted by an dee 51o

Please, dude. Did Condit come close to landing one of those flashy strikes? No. At what point did you see the Carlos Condit we're used to seeing? I was really excited for this fight. I am a fan of Condit, but he fought scared tonight. He would throw a combo and immediately start backpedaling throughout the entire fight. Natural Born Killer
laugh.gif

why you only concerned with flashy strikes?  you mean like flying knees and spinning backfists?  is it because you could care less that he landed everything else?

and what the hell do you mean come close to landing?  he came close to landing it every time

edit - you know what, i take that back, spinning backfist landed in the 2nd and flying knee landed in the 3rd... so yes, he landed EVERY type of strike

it just sounds to me like people are disappointed because they didnt get what they "expected to see" in a slugfest or whatever

sorry but i knew that nick was going to come in and fight his fight and i expected that the outcome of the fight would depend on whether or not carlos had an answer for diaz's peppering style - and he did

i got what i expected, condit outstruck nick and didnt allow nick to pepper him up against the cage

Love when fighters get hated on for winning 
laugh.gif

It's hard to hurt Nick so a flamboyant K.O wasn't likely to happen. If it was lay and pray i can understand but he outstruck Diaz all night.

Man that was a huge *##**!% dissapointment.  Really dissapointed in Condit but I can't blame him I guess.  I'm a huge Nick Diaz fan and predicted he was gonna pull it out, but I guess you can't just expect everybody to stand and trade with you every fight.

This reminds of the latest Rampage fights too.  He's so dangerous in the pocket that his opponents would rather point fight him or hold him against the cage.  All you have to do is use movement and not stand flat-footed and trade with him and you stand a way better chance to get the win.  Might look ugly, might be point fighting, and they might look like they're running but bottom line it works.

Nick was too slow when walking Carlos down, couldn't cut off the cage, and he couldn't take it to the ground cause Carlos had better wrestling so it was a tough match to win.  With that said I gave Nick rounds 1, 2 and 5, and I thought most of Carlos' shots didn't have much on them, but whatever, it is what it is.  And If Carlos uses the same strategy in a rematch he'll probably get the win again unfortunately, I don't see much changing the second time around.  But eh, whatever, that's how it goes.

Also Condit "circles" the same way Amir Khan "circled" Lamont Peterson, a.k.a run to the other side of the ring as soon as his back is against the cage/ropes.  It is what it is though, it worked, props to Carlos I guess.

Back
Top Bottom