Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

Quote:
I never thought I'd say it but Randy is a quitter. Come on man, can you not stick with the company that practically made your name a household name?
ASU Sundevils
NC STATE WOLFPACK
*​

Quote:
From Dave Meltzer:

The Fight Network has just reported that Randy Couture has quit the promotion, vacating his heavyweight title and leaving his job as a color commentator.

Couture, who works for The Fight Network itself, so there is no way they are going to miss on this story, wrote a letter from South Africa where he's filming the Scorpion King movie, to Dana White.

Not getting a match with Fedor Emelianenko played a part in his decision. The decision was made when it became clear the match with Fedor wasn't happening.

It is known Couture was one of the top UFC fighters who was unhappy when reading about the huge money guaranteed in the company's offers to Emelianenko, because he felt he and a few others were the fighters who helped build the current popularity and they weren't getting guaranteed income for fights anywhere near that level, particularly since they were bigger drawing cards.

With the decline of Chuck Liddell, Couture was likely the company's biggest short-term drawing card, and without question, was its most popular fighter.

Quote:
Randy doesnt owe the UFC anything. The UFC grew with him and they fed off each other. When he came back he revived the UFC HW division.
Team49ers
XVI . XIX . XXIII . XXIV . XXIX
Reppin The Bay 650​

Honestly now, who is the UFC's biggest draw?

I'd have to say Rampage, but he isn't nearly on the level that Liddell or Couture were.

Tito's not anymore. Henderson isn't. Hughes isn't. GSP isn't. Franklin isn't. Anderson Silvia isn't.

Going to be an interesting time in the UFC.

:frown:
frown.gif
damn been a horrible week

anyway, thanks for the great fights Natural :pimp:
pimp.gif

Goooooooooonies
You Ever Wonder What it All Really Mean?​

so much instability. gets annoying when titles keep getting vacated. diminishes credibility.

oh well, as long as Couture goes over there and fights fedor, it's fine.
Clutch.

Nascar and Poker ARE NOT SPORTS!!!

it's tough to take but it also makes sense... at least for me. randy's right; he doesn't have anything left to prove unless he's fighting fedor, so it doesn't make sense to stay in the sport if that fight isn't going to happen anymore, especially at his age.

dana white not paying fighters what they deserve? now THERE'S something shocking. if it's true in this case, then |I
tired.gif
at dana.
loved by few. hated by many. respected by all.

from mmaweekly,

Quote:
A proposed fight between Chuck Liddell and Wanderlei Silva is currently being discussed, but has yet to be finalized.

Liddells trainer, John Hackleman, confirmed to MMAWeekly that the fight has been talked about by Ultimate Fighting Championship president Dana White, but nothing is official.

Ill believe it when I see the signatures, he said of the proposed fight that has been on-again, off-again for the past several years.

Liddell, who lost to Keith Jardine on Sept. 22, entered back into training almost immediately following that fight. Speculation started right away that he might face former Pride Grand Prix champion Mauricio Shogun Rua in December. Shogun also lost his bout with Forrest Griffin on Sept. 22.

News then came from Brazil that Shogun had undergone knee surgery that would keep him out of action until sometime in 2008.

With Silvas debut targeted for Dec. 29, a match-up with Liddell is an obvious choice, especially with both fighters coming off of back-to-back losses.

Since the loss to Jardine, Liddell has been working diligently on getting back to the championship form that saw him win the UFC light heavyweight title and defend it successfully four times.

Silva recently relocated to the United States and has been training with current UFC heavyweight champion Randy Couture.
Clutch.ARE NOT SPORTS!!!

^^^

Yay. Another post about Chuck and Wanderlei "potentially" fighting. What exactly is the "ahem" supposed to mean?

Been discussed to death. Even after Chuck lost, 90% of the hardcore fans out there said match them up anyway and get it over with.

Not even worth discussing until they are standing across the cage from each other and Big John gets it poppin'.

This fight has been so ill fated, even when it's inked, I won't get my hopes up. Cats get injured all the time.

I won't believe until I see one of them swing on the other.

Back to something based in reality.......

Nick Diaz signed to Elite XC. I really wanted to see him back in the UFC. His fights with Karo and Diego were epic. But I guess Nate is going to hold it down in the UFC while Nick gets his money from Elite.

Nick is fighting KJ Noons for the 160 title on November 10.

Silva/Franklin next weekend! AMPED!
TEAM AM FAM
illphil93@aol.com/AIM illphillip
AF1 4 Sale: Puerto Rico 5 Sz. 9.5/Halloween 1 Sz. 9.5
MORE AF1 HEAT Sz 9.5 10 in Buy/Sell (no 25th Ann.....)

Some small updates before this Saturdays PPV:

-All the rumors of Cro Cop retiring are false. He says he wants to fight Nog next.

-I've been waiting to see Karo fight again and they announced his replacement for Hector Lombard. He will be facing Ryo Chonan.

-How do you guys feel about Stirkeforce bringing back the tournament format for its Nov. 16 show in San Jose? Its a 4-man tournament to determine the #1 contender for the middleweight title. So far, they have Joe Riggs and Niko Vitale.

TEAM PS3
PLAY B3YOND

I played Big Game Hunter with Chonan last weekend...dude's hilarious.

And I hope he smashes Karo.

oo206oo/BFO Crew
Hustle or Kill Ya'Self​

maybe it was said already, but what happened to Tito/Rashad II?

-J-
TEAMNEWENGLANDPATRIOTS​

TEAM PS3
PLAY B3YOND

I'm pumped for Saturday night!!

Vera/Sylvia match is what I'm amped for! I can't stand watching that sloth Timmah fight :smh:
smh.gif
Vera needs to pick his strikes him and control him the same way he did Mir and A. Silva. It's gonna be interesting to watch.

As for the M.E., I'm really hoping Franklin learned some clinch defense, otherwise he's in for another brutal night :\
ohwell.gif
. My money is still on Spider though, but I want Franklin to at least make it competitive this time.

Crazy story.....

www.mmaweekly.com/absolut...&zoneid=13
Quote:
CINCINNATI Ultimate Fighting Championship middleweight champion Anderson Silva has yet to arrive for this Saturdays event at the U.S. Bank Arena. He is scheduled to defend his belt against challenger Rich Franklin, whom he relieved of the title one year ago at UFC 64.

According to sources close to the Silva, he had planned to be in town by now along with the other UFC 77 fighters, but there were delays in the issuance of his work visa.

Apparently, due to a recent holiday, government offices in Brazil were closed this past Friday and Monday thus delaying his visa being issued. He evidently did receive the visa on Wednesday and hopes to arrive in Cincinnati on Thursday.

Most UFC fighters typically arrive four to five days prior to an event to fulfill the necessary media and production requirements, as well as getting acclimated to their surroundings and finish any last minute weight cutting.

With Silva arriving just two days prior to his fight, as long as there are no further delays, questions are sure to abound as to whether or not it will affect his performance come Saturday night.
TEAM AM FAM
illphil93@aol.com/AIM illphillip
1st EDITION HALLOWEEN AF1 Sz 9.5 FOR SALE
$175 GUARANTEED DELIVERY BY OCT. 31

Back
Top Bottom