Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

What? No love for Houston Alexander?

"Nebraska. Is in. The Building."

That's catchier than Rampage's howl, dammit.
: Team Sea Monster :

Dude, please. Tell your girl to shut up.

UFC 78's main event seems a bit lacking, IMO. Evans vs. Bisping would definitely make a great UFN main event, or even a good PPV sub-main, but it doesn't have the makings of a main event, especially considering each fighter's last fight. The rest of the card looks pretty good, however. Karo vs. Chonan, Fisher vs. Edgar, & Terrell vs. Herman should all be exciting bouts. Houston Alexander should also continue his streak (although I'm not too sold on Thiago Silva yet).

I can't wait for 79, though. Even though both Wand & Chuck are coming off 2 straight losses each, this is still a dream match to most MMA fans, myself included.
"When you do things right, people won't be sure you did anything at all"

LMAO at that Chuck/ "Vanderlay" promo
Cebu Boxing​
Gorres, Banal, Bautista, Amonsot, Penalosa​
TEAMSANDIEGO C H ARG E R S

Sylvia vs. Noguiera supposedly scheduled for ufc 81
"The Way Out, I Found It. But If I Keep Getting Fly,
Tell Me How The Hell Am I Suppose To Stay Grounded."​

Quote:
Couture: Im Not Trying to Fight Elsewhere

All Randy Couture wants is the one thing hes constantly earned over his 10 year MMA career: Respect.

Couture held a public press conference earlier today at his Xtreme Couture training facility in Las Vegas, Nevada to discuss his reasons behind resigning from the UFC just two weeks ago.

Couture was quick to point out that he doesnt want to do any harm to the promotion that caused him to become one of the most recognizable athletes in the world.

I talked to Dana White and Lorenzo Fertitta on the phone yesterday and I told them both that Im not trying to hurt the organization in any way, said Couture. I told them how I felt. There werent any shouting matches or anything like that. Dana made particular comments that hed like me to come back but based on the responses that were put on the table I dont see it happening right now.

Im tired of swimming against the current, continued Couture. I just want to be treated the way that I deserve and I havent been treated that way in a long time. If I would have come out and made inflammatory statements about the UFC and how I was being treated then it would have made it worse while I was still fighting and talking about contracts. I didnt try to create a big buzz and I didnt want to start anything. I simply laid out my feelings about why I was resigning.

Couture went surprisingly in depth about his problems with the company, including the two events that finally caused Couture to decide that he didnt want to deal with the problems anymore.

Ive felt this way for a long time and finally it was the last straw that forced me to make a decision, said Couture. On top of that was the offer to Fedor. He was being offered more in his signing bonus then Ive ever been paid to fight. I wasnt going to ask for a renegotiation of my contract even if Fedor signed. I guess anything is possible but I think its time to move on. The UFC has stated time and time again that Im the number two fighter paid in the UFC on base salary What they do is they come in your locker room after the fight and give you a bonus check. I got that for the last Chuck fight, I got that for the Sylvia fight and I didnt receive one after the Gonzaga fight. There was no explanation given to me.

When asked about the concept of residual checks from pay-per-view revenue, Couture said that he didnt have a problem in that aspect and had been receiving those checks on a regular basis.

In terms of residual checks, 90% of it comes 90 days after the fight and then little parts come in within the following year, stated Couture. Ive gotten those ever since my first with Chuck. I havent had a problem there at all

One of the most surprising things that Couture was willing to discuss was the potential for a union among fighters. Couture went onto say that he feels many fighters are being unpaid and incorrectly managed but that a fighters union may be able to fix all of that.

Theres a lot of things that could be better for fighters, said Couture. You know fighters that are still making $2000 and $3000 dollars to fight its a shame. A fighters union is something thats been talked about for a couple of years but nothings happened. I think that a lot of fighters are being mis-managed right now. I think thats probably why Dana hates managers. Unfortunately because of the UFC and WEC, fighters dont really have a lot of options. Its like a monopoly out there. In order for it to work there has to be some fighter at that marquee level that is willing to sacrifice everything in order to make it happen.

Couture went against Yahoo! Sports columnist Kevin Ioles claims that Couture was making nearly $3 million per fight because of pay-per-view revenue by handing out a copy of Coutures bout agreements with the UFC that showed that Couture only made about $500,000 in revenue to date. The extra revenue brought Coutures earnings to a quarter of a million dollars, far less than what Iole claimed.

Couture seemed confident that his current contract with the UFC only extends to the end of its term, which is nine months from now. He also discussed his future plans and how his gym remains one of his top priorities.

Once the term of the contract ends, it doesnt extend the fights that are still on the deal, explained Couture. The contract is void at the end of the term. However that doesnt really matter in this case because Im not trying to go fight elsewhere.

The trip to Africa was a real eye opener, exclaimed Couture. It allowed me to stop and look back at everything. It allowed me to talk to my wife about our future. I saw this whole thing blow up which really surprised me. I have a lot of guys here at Xtreme Couture that Id like to help train and watch grow so thats important to me right now.
Posted by John Chandler on Oct 25, 2007 at 06:40 PM

TEAM CIRCUMSIZED​
I was man enough to go through it...are you?​

That's a toss up, either Machida via elusive striking and decision or Jardine via being scrappy split decision if he can connect his low kicks over 3 rounds which I doubt he would.
10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
Over hook triangle from mission control

Machida should son him, but in his last fight he couldn't finish the Japanese guy. Who knows Jardine may be on a roll.
"I'm so underground even commecial I can't be popped, I'm like Kobe in the zone I can't be stopped.."
-Corey Red

K-1 Heroes results. Shout to Jrothman888 on the MMAweekly.com forums....

Quote:
Choi Young (RYO) def.Masanori Tonowoka Rd.1 TKO

Magomed Sultanakhmadov def. Eun Soo Lee Rd.1 (pounding)

Poai Suganuma def. Bernard Ackah Rd. 1 Referee stoppage (reverse armbar)

Daisuke Nakamura def. Kwon Ah-sol Rd. 3 Submission (armbar)

Min Suk Heo def. Katsuyori Shibata Rd. 2 TKO (pounding)

Shungo Oyama def. Carlos Newton Rd. 3 Submission (strikes)

Dae Won Kim def. Marcelo Garcia Rd. 2 (doctor stoppage)

Tae Hyun Lee def. Yoshihisa Yamamoto Rd. 1 TKO (pounding)

Min-soo Kim def. Ikuhisa Minowa Rd. 1 Referee stoppage (strikes)

Zelg Galesic def. Taiei Kin Rd. 1 (doctor stoppage)

Dong Sik Yoon def. Fabio Silva Rd. 1 Submission (Dongbar)

Yoshihiro Akiyama def. Denis Kang Rd. 1 KO

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Carlos Newton did not look like he came prepared for this fight."

"Hermes Franca is cornering Garcia"

"Tae-hyeon Lee landed a knee to the mid-section of Yamamoto forcing him to turtle up in the corner. Lee finished with weak strikes but the ref stopped it anyway. Fishy."

"Kim actually kneed Minowa to the head on the ground. The ref stepped in to stop the action and Kim thought he won, he actually got a yc. Kim looked better at striking. He was forcing Minowa into the corners, popping him in the head, and kicking him before the ref stopped the fight. Minowa wasn't ready to quit."

"Galesic threw a 1-2 LHK. The LHK openned up Kin's eyelid in a bad way. Kin actually thought he was poked in the eye and asked the ref to stop it. It was the kick. He was in pain when the doctor was cleaning the cut."

"Silva didn't even get one punch off standing. The action was broken once and they were stood. Yoon didn't waste any time putting it on the mat. He got mount several times before he threw the Dongbar."

"Akiyama got the full rubdown by the ref."

"Kang and Akiyama traded through the first half of the first round. Akiyama caught Kang and cut his nose. Kang was continuously trying to get the blood out of his eye and blinking."

"Akiyama got Kang in the corner hit him with a right upper and the lights were off. He hit him with a small left hook while Kang was slumping down and knocked his mouthpiece out."

"I heard Kang say he couldn't see after the fight."

source - www.sherdog.net/forums/sh...did=669601
TEAM AM FAM
illphil93@aol.com/AIM illphillip
1st EDITION HALLOWEEN AF1 Sz 9.5 FOR SALE
$175 GUARANTEED DELIVERY BY OCT. 31

^
[sarcasm] ME!!! ME!!!! [/sarcasm]

Quote:
Yoshihiro Akiyama def. Denis Kang Rd. 1 KO
:smh:
smh.gif
Goooooooooonies
TEAM XBOX360
.::Gamertag: NaijaNitemare :.​

Kang FTL!!!!!!!

"The Way Out, I Found It. But If I Keep Getting Fly,
Tell Me How The Hell Am I Suppose To Stay Grounded."​

I was actually just talkin about the K-1 event with my brother the other day. Living out in Seoul, KR he had a chance to attend his first K-1 event and he said it was pretty solid top to bottom.

Funny story he told me. After the event, he went to go grab a bite to eat at the Mickey D's in the COEX Mall and ran into a couple of the fighters.

Here's a pic he took with Fabio Silva. He said that Silva didn't speak any english, but he had his portuguese/korean translator with him who was able to translate into korean for them.

heres another pic he took with Hermes Franca the next day. He was at the same mall eating dinner and just happened to see him walk by. Didn't know why he was in Korea until he asked and Franca told him he was there to corner Garcia. Said he was a a real cool dude. My bro slipped up though. As he was leaving he said "hey man, cant wait to see you fight in the UFC again!" totally forgetting about the steroid suspension hahaha.

Quote:
HAHAHAHA for all those who think that Gracie is gonna win, care to do a Sig bet (i know its lame, but i guess we cant really bet in person) Loser must keep a SIG made by the winner for a month. Anyone game?
NTer tinkerhatfield: aite im game...but youre like 4 sizes too small for me....i have some sz 12 retro ix's i'll definitely put up tho..

Akiyama is a beast. For a Judoka to KO Kang like that, pretty impressive. Hes pretty versatile when beating his opponents too. Sweet uppercut, you can see kangs eyes roll back.
Put 'em in a grave with an empty 40 ounce bottle and don't leave a drip​

Karo has an effective entertaining unorthodox style of standup. He showcased it well against Serra and Burkman, if he can ever incorporate kicks to mix it up he'd be even deadlier. Perfect example of a Judoka with good standup is Sokoudjou.

What's the source for Henderson dropping down to 185? I haven't heard this.
10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
Over hook triangle from mission control

- Karo has improved a lot stand-up wise, but like you said, if he could add kicks to his arsenal, then he'd be a very tough fighter to beat. Add one-punch KO power on top of that and you've got a potentially unstoppable fighter. Good call on Soko being an example of a judoka w/good standup, though. I don't know how I totally forgot about him.

- MMAjunkie mentioned Hendo dropping to 185, although it isn't confirmed as of yet. I didn't realize I typed it as though it had been set in stone already, my fault on that one. Personally, I'm torn as to whether I'd like to see Hendo stay @ 205 or drop back down to 185. He's definitely a much better fighter @ 205, but he's still pretty good @ 185 & he'd be an instant contender. Also, I'd love to see Hendo vs. A. Silva or Hendo vs. Franklin - of course, Hendo vs. Chuck, Hendo vs. Forrest, or Hendo vs. Wandy II would be great fights as well.

"When you do things right, people won't be sure you did anything at all"

Back
Top Bottom