Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

They better leave UFC 91 in Portland, I keep hearing them say "Las Vegas" in interviews and such... I want to see it live.
pimp.gif

Dana White might be a hated guy
I got nothing but love for the dude.

Brock VS. Couture..hmm...

A lil off topic: I passed by Extreme Couture here in Toronto and damn
eek.gif
@the cardio machines they got inside the gym
laugh.gif
Usual meat heads werethere and MMA trainees as well. I wish I had the funds now, I'd probably be joining Kickboxing classes there.

Seeing Randy back in the UFC is great. I feel bad for Portland heads. Lol.

Imagine if Randy beats Brock, then beats Nog (if he beats Mir) and Fedor beats the winner of Arlovski/Barnett, the UFC needs to set up that match next year.

Originally Posted by Dips3tRydah

Originally Posted by illphillip

Funny. All the UFC stans used to clown Pride for their "freak show" fights. Well, is Randy/Brock any better?

Not a UFC stan but how is this even close to a freak show compared to what Pride use to put on? Brock is a athletic freak with an excellent wrestling background. Yes, he may still be new but no way can you compare him to freak shows like Bob Sapp, Giant Silva etc.
Brock definitely has much more skill than the like of Big Silva and is way more athletic than Zulu.

The crazy part to all of this, is that he is a match away from a title, a match he will lose but nonetheless just one match away. He's also getting paidhalf a mill. It's kind of sad to see, that in this day of MMA, a dude who's competed in fake wrestling for years, is getting paid more than the poundfor pound best and is so close to the top without having done much. It just doesn't feel right at all.

Originally Posted by Ryda421

I just don't see how brock is entitled to a title(pre-title) shot already....it's just sickening how Dana determines who is in contention and who is not...either way, it should be a great fight...can't wait
pimp.gif

-smile
Word. Brock should NOT get a title fight after only three fights. I am, however, extremely excited to see this go down. Brock has proved thathe's a straight up beast, and I know he'll be working his %$+ off to train for this fight. Plus the winner of this versus Big Nog?!
eek.gif

Originally Posted by illphillip

Funny. All the UFC stans used to clown Pride for their "freak show" fights. Well, is Randy/Brock any better?

And I don't know how anyone could call Big Nog "boring". If you're basing that on 2 UFC fights, is Brock Lesnar any more "exciting"?

People call machida "boring" as well. If you're a fan of fights, and great fighters and the many different styles they use, I can't see how you could find either fighter boring. Unless you're one of those dolts that boos when two fighters aren't mindlessly swinging at each other.

Great fighters are rarely boring (Lay and pray wrestlers being the exception, but are they really "great"? Sherk maybe....). If you love the sport you should be able to appreciate the greatness in what they do. If you're just in it for the "entertainment", well, that's another story.

I would much rather see Randy/Nog, the fight that SHOULD happen, then Randy/Brock.

I was thinking the same thing. Brock still doesn't deserve a title shot nonetheless. His only UFC win is against Heath Herring who hasn't done anythingsince he lost to big nog the first time.

People are talking about these "great" UFC cards that cost $45 and it just makes me remember the good old days of Pride. I remember watching Bushido9 (which is my all time favorite MMA card) and I got 14 fights for a $25 PPV! Oh well, times change

its funny how they moved ufc 91 away from portland after the randy signing. randy has a lot of history in that area.

Originally Posted by His diabolical Majesty

The crazy part to all of this, is that he is a match away from a title, a match he will lose but nonetheless just one match away. He's also getting paid half a mill. It's kind of sad to see, that in this day of MMA, a dude who's competed in fake wrestling for years, is getting paid more than the pound for pound best and is so close to the top without having done much. It just doesn't feel right at all.
word.

i dont give a rat's $!! if some people say that mma has some roots stemming from pro wrestling.

although they no longer make claims to it being real, the point is that it's fake. therefore it shouldn't be referenced in real fight sports like mma.
it seriously has more in common with cique du soleil than mma.

before a match they literally sit there and plan out the ending, who will win, how it will go down and how long the match is going to last. then they justimprov until they hit their time limit and then play out the pre determined and discussed ending. 'ok brock after about 30 minutes you're going to duckthe chair shot and hit your pantented (and blatantly ridiculous) spinning double whammy slam'.

its frustrating to see the ufc cater to this fanbase by making fights like this, and referencing 'wwe champ' as an accomplishment while IN RING at aREAL fight. (as
in here is the former champion of fake acrobat fighting.) .

if they are going to reference that for brock when they fight they might as well reference randy as 6 time world champion, the original scorpion king in'the scorpion king 2', and 'that guy that steven seagal beat up in that movie one time'.

it is a shame that so much of mma's core audience stems from the same yokels that watch that sh*t.

As a former follower of pro wrestling, I really can't say it bothers me at all that Brock is referred to as a pro wrestling champion. The UFC is a businessfirst and foremost, and if referencing Brock as a former champ is making them money, they're gonna keep going to it.

Bad day for MMA......both stories on www.mmaweekly.com

The Ultimate Fighting Championship on Friday announced that the scheduled bout between Karo Parisyan and Yoshiyuki Yoshida for Saturday night's UFC88 in Atlanta has been scrapped.

Little information is known, as the fight was little more than 24 hours away from the bell. The UFC, however, did indicate that a last-minute back injury hasforced Parisyan to withdraw.

With such little time left before the fights, no opponent will be called upon as a replacement and the bout will be scrapped entirely. Yoshida will not fight.

UFC 88 will go on as scheduled, minus the Parisyan versus Yoshida bout, with a full slate of nine bouts. Sources told MMAWeekly.com that the bout betweenKorean fighter Dong Hyun Kim and Ultimate Fighter alumnus Matt Brown would be moved up from the preliminary bouts to the pay-per-view portion of the event,leaving the preliminary card with four bouts.

Parisyan and Yoshida were present at Thursday's pre-fight press conference. At the time, Parisyan gave no indication of an injury telling MMAWeekly.comthat "everything is going good" and he was looking forward to the fight with little wait left to cut.

He did say, "When you come off of a loss, it's very hard to get back at your physical state… but I'm doing okay… a lot of anger built up for mefrom my last fight, so I'm working everything out on Yoshida, man."

Leading up to this bout, Parisyan had been vocal about his struggles with panic attacks, having one as recently as a month ago when he went traveled toAlbuquerque to train at Greg Jackson's camp.

He said that doctors had prescribed Xanax to help him cope with the attacks, but he told MMAWeekly.com recently, "It's the toughest sport in theworld. You've got to be able to cope with anything that comes in your path if you want to make it to the top."

There was no indication at the time of publication that Parisyan's struggles with panic attacks had anything to do with his withdrawal from the UFC 88 boutwith Yoshida.

And even worse......

The upcoming Ultimate Fighting Championship show in England has lost one of its marquee fighters. MMAWeekly.com has confirmed that Thiago Silva hasbeen forced out of his upcoming bout with Lyoto Machida at UFC 89 on Oct. 18 due to injury.

Thiago Silva has been very impressive in all of his UFC fights. He still sports an undefeated record in the Octagon, holding wins over fighters like HoustonAlexander and Antonio Mendes.

MMAWeekly.com confirmed with sources close to the fight that Silva has been dealing with a back problem that will keep him out of the bout.

With the loss of Silva, the UFC will likely try to find another solid opponent for Machida as the fight was slated to be one of the bigger bouts on the SpikeTV broadcast.

No word as of this time who will replace Silva, but the UFC still has more than six weeks until the fight, giving matchmaker Joe Silva plenty of time to workon a replacement.

I don't know. About Karo. A Back injury the DAY BEFORE the fight? He should be in chill mode. Something about this strikes me as very strange.......

- Karo sucks anyways . Same sh, diff. day type of guy. Dude doesn't adjust his game to the opponent. I know he could do more, but he just refuses to.

- I think Brock's money has something to do with the deal...which means his agent. While we all agree it's sad Brock's getting more money, a typeof entertainer-athlete like him won't agree to a small contract. He's a big attraction, and possibly with that move UFC gained more fans. Ehh, I wishwe could do all something about it, but that's just the way it is.

I am pissed, UFC 91 has a stacked fight card at it was originally supposed to be in Portland, but now Vegas... Weak.

Stupid Karo! I was really looking forward to see Yoshi whoop his %%+.

Man, that Silva/Machida fight was THE fight on that card. Please find Lyoto a suitable opponent that will grant him a title shot.....Shogun???

something of note:

the ontario mma assoc. has been trying to get permission to hold mma events in the province.

originally denied by government services, they were told they needed to clear with the ministry of health promotions.

again denied they were denied and amongst a plethora of other reasons they were told:
"We are particularly concerned with submissions through choking, striking on the ground and the use of open-fingered gloves."

^ I forgot you're from Tdot as well.

I'm half and half about Ontario's decision and views about MMA. For once, I HATE seeing posers everywhere (nah, not those ones who wear MMA relatedgear, I'm talking about people who blabber about they're this fighter, they fight at this place,etc etc etc). Once MMA legalizes here everyone'sgoing to be a "fighter"
indifferent.gif

Entertainment-wise I would love to see UFC here, but I can't imagine how hard it is to obtain tickets
eek.gif
laugh.gif
That's gonna be like the Maple Leafs playing in the Stanley Cup type of tickets
laugh.gif

not from tdot but proud canadian .

34xruhx.jpg

i think it's crucial for the development of the sport in canada for ontario to be on board.

That's gonna be like the Maple Leafs playing in the Stanley Cup type of tickets
laugh.gif

i can assure you, that you are never going to have to worry about that
laugh.gif

^ can i get that pm?

sopcast running like, well sopcast.

I'm watching and I'm surprised there isn't any buzz or interest on Hendo fighting
that's what i was thinking.

the ufc isnt pushing him because he started 0-2 in the ufc but those were championship fights.

a loss to silva shouldnt even count these days.

looking for a big finish from hendo this fight.

Back
Top Bottom