Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

Originally Posted by TheHealthInspector

Originally Posted by Bastitch

Rashad hs improved his all-around game, but I think most impressive was his chin. He can stay in the pocket and counter-punch pretty effectively. I'm really trying to think of the type of fighter that would be a bad matchup for him, but I can't think of one. That's pretty scary.
i dont know if any "bad" matchups for him but the one person that i can think of that can take his punches and trade punches with him is obviously rampage but rashad is a lot more athletic and mobile though so who knows how that would go

machida might be a bad matchup for him but but thats cause hes a bad matchup for everyone, he fights his game regardless of the opponent - unexciting
frown.gif
but its cool though, cause rashad will just pull one of these:

2ep0jl2.gif

exactley why i dont like rashad.puts his hands down,laughs @ forrest,blows a kiss,and tries to hit a cheap shot
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by mike rocks nikes

Rashad hs improved his all-around game, but I think most impressive was his chin. He can stay in the pocket and counter-punch pretty effectively. I'm really trying to think of the type of fighter that would be a bad matchup for him, but I can't think of one. That's pretty scary.
i dont know if any "bad" matchups for him but the one person that i can think of that can take his punches and trade punches with him is obviously rampage but rashad is a lot more athletic and mobile though so who knows how that would go

machida might be a bad matchup for him but but thats cause hes a bad matchup for everyone, he fights his game regardless of the opponent - unexciting
frown.gif

2ep0jl2.gif

exactley why i dont like rashad.puts his hands down,laughs @ forrest,blows a kiss,and tries to hit a cheap shot
indifferent.gif
how exactly is it a cheap shot, when the guy your punching at is standing right in front of you, eyes wide open, with his hands up?

Folks need to get off Rashad, that's how he gets hyped up. Notice he gets better as the fight goes on. He's a beast and I'm willing to admit thatnow.

He may hold the belt for sometime.

Originally Posted by nike4KJA05

anybody know the name of intro music of rashad evans, I know it's Nas but I can't remember right now.
wasnt it "hate me now" ?
Evans came out to "Step into a world" by KRS-one
pimp.gif

Not sure who came out to "Hate me now" but he was white

i didn't really care about last night card except for my boi Rampage finally beat Wandrlei. Evan is alright. his hands are like nuke thou, but Iwouldn't overhype him.Big Nog is finally showing his age after taking all those punishments from all his past fights. Lastly Mir is going to make Brock tapout again. Brock only has power, and fast for his size. Other than that, he is nothing more than a overhype fighter. %*#%, if they throw Gabriel Gonzagaagainst him, Brock would get his %*% beat hand down. Gonzaga is world class heavyweight figher that has ways better stand-up and better ground game. Dana Whiteis just protecting Brock like he did with Liddel. Neither the less, Mir or Gonzaga would make Brock looks bad period.

Originally Posted by Mistadobalina

Originally Posted by mike rocks nikes

frown.gif

2ep0jl2.gif

indifferent.gif
how exactly is it a cheap shot, when the guy your punching at is standing right in front of you, eyes wide open, with his hands up?

open your eyes man he was blowin dude a kiss then all of a sudden swings...

I knew Rashad Evans would be championship material since like the 4th episode of The Ultimate Fighter 2.

Mir's boxing was VERY impressive. Quick, and lots of power.

Brocks best bet against Mir is to work his striking and work that KO power (which he has) because if he goes to the ground with Mir, he might get subbed again.

Rampage might end up fighting the winner of Machida/Silva or just go right for Evans (which would be fireworks)

Kongo is an absolute BEAST, and id love to see him get through one more heavyweight in impressive fashion (Hardonk maybe?) and get a shot at the belt.

KONGO IN '09!!

I went 2-1 .

I really am suprised Mir won. I thought Nog would take him but oh well now we get Mir/Lesnar 2 and Lesnar will get his revenge.

Rampage won me some money. He is a a more well rounded fighter now than he was before when he fought Wandi in Pride. The KO was nice though,

Rashad won me some money also. I've always liked him so many people hate him on other message boards I dont get why. I liked him ever since the ultimatefighter. Maybe cuz I hate Matt Hughes and Hughes didn't like his Showboating but I did
pimp.gif
. To me he has already beat 3 great fighters in Chuck,Forrest and Tito (draw wasnot the right call)

LOL @ all the rashard haters

anderson silva showboats. sakuraba showboats. chuck liddell showboats. who cares?!!

and how is it a cheap shot? theyre in a middle of a fight. only way it would be a cheap shot is if he hits him intentionally AFTER the bell rings. or if theytouch gloves and he hits him instead.

Big Nog's chin is done. Dude used to take shots from CroCop and Fedor at the top of their game, now he can barely take strikes from a dude with weak hands.
smh.gif
I hope Wand and Nog retire.

Was in Vegas this past weekend. We had a hard time finding a place to watch the fight but eventually found the Palace Station. Watched in their Banquet Roomfor $10 a piece w/ about 100-150 peeps.

I think I went 0-5 in my predictions.

I hate Kongo and thats why I picked against him. Hes improving though, I'll give him that.

Sad to see Wandy go down like that. Some people are saying he should retire. I don't think he will. Hes only 32. We'll probably see another fight w/Rampage next year.

Mir winning caught me completely off guard. Nog looked old and looked out of it from the jump. Lesnar/Mir II should be awesome. My early pick is Brock.

Rashad is too cocky for me but hes a great bady guy for the UFC. Forrest will be in the mix at light heavy weight for awhile. Hes going nowhere.

And whats this I hear about Rampage getting a title shot??? Dana must really hate Machida. C'mon give the guy a break and let him fight for the damn title.If Machida wins, Rashad/Machida in the summer. Page needs one more fight before a title shot.

LOL @ all the rashard haters
Its Rashad btw.

- never understood the hate neither...and the hate for Forrest as well
smh.gif

- no nipple squeeze this time?
laugh.gif
embarassed.gif
nh

- I cannot wait for the outcome of the Machida vs. Silva fight, which I believe is to fight Rashad for the belt. I think both CAN give Rashad some problems buthe's on top of his game right now. He's moving like a pro-boxer in the octagon (plus the foot speed, swagger). He's never been tested really on theground and taking him down is a problem too

- Again, I've been a Hammil fan since I first saw this guy on TV but he's always putting up robocop-esque performances. He gasses out too quickly andtakes so much hits

- I hate to say this but I think Wanderlei's gonna be just one of the gate keepers of the LHW division. He's still a force but his performance hasdwindled since his Pride days. His loss to Chuck was probably close but Chuck's not that "Chuck" anymore and Rampage (with his improved boxing),caught him in a wild rage (imagine him fighting Rashad now)

- I got Mir over Lesnar. It's not your typical hatred against Brock but I don't know what can he do other than GnP. I wanna see what he has in storeother than that.

- good riddance to Big Nog in case he's thinking retirement

- I wanna see Cheick go for that belt ASAP. I've always been a fan *chest pumps and points in the air*

Overall, I enjoyed UFC 92 although I would've wanted more action in the Rampage - Silva fight and Big Nog - Mir ( i wanted some BJJ action )

nog wasnt even there.

just some guy who kept plodding straight forward into multiple punches and then reacting by flailing a little bit.

he was literally moving like he had been in a 5 round brawl the previous night.

im not a fan of either fighter so there's no bitter nog fan here, but it's really a shame when it looks like one of the fighters didnt even show up.

nog's library of fights show's he's taken much more than what mir dished out. it's a shame that all of the slugfests have caught up with himwhen the hw division is in dire need of talent.

Great to see Rampage finally beating Wandy! He has improved alot since their first two fights!
Rashad looked good, but I think he will have a hard time against Rampage if they are fighting next.
Mir suprised me alot! Sad to see Nog knocked out like that though..

Lyoto deserves a title shot but not before Rampage. After losing to Forrest in a controversial decision and KO'ing Silva he deserves that shot. If Lyotobeats Thiago he gets it after Rampage.

K-1 DYNAMITE!! 2008: DECEMBER 31, 2008 IN JAPAN
-Opening Ceremony-

1. DREAM Open-Weight: Minowaman vs. Errol Zimmerman
1230477622.jpg
errol_zimmerman.jpg

2. K-1 Koshien 62kg Semifinal: Ryuya Kusakabe vs. Koya Urabe
1226471899.jpg
1226471900.jpg

3. K-1 Koshien 62kg Semifinal: HIROYA vs. Shota Shimada
1226471924.jpg
1226471925.jpg

4. K-1 Middleweight 71kg (1×3 min. ext.): Yoshihiro Sato vs. Artur Kyshenko
1229593724.jpg
1229593726.jpg

5. DREAM Lightweight 68kg: Hideo Tokoro vs. Daisuke Nakamura
1229397048.jpg
1229397049.jpg

6. DREAM Welterweight 75kg: Yukio Sakaguchi vs. Andy Ologun
1230189486.jpg
1230098851.jpg

7. K-1 Koshien 62kg Final (1×2 min. ext.): Kusakabe/Urabe vs. HIROYA/Shimada

1226479680.jpg
1226479679.jpg

-Intermission-

8. DREAM Heavyweight +93.1kg: Kinniku Mantaro vs. Bob Sapp
1230189504.jpg
1230189502.jpg

9. DREAM Heavyweight +93.1kg: Semmy Schilt vs. Mighty Mo
1229593710.jpg
1229397825.jpg

10. DREAM Welterweight 80kg: Hayato "Mach" Sakurai vs. Katsuyori Shibata

Why are people so quick to give Machida a title shot likes he's already defeated T. Silva
laugh.gif

I got Silva taking the fight against Machida, then beating Evans in his first title defense. Thiago Silva is a beast!
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom