Official N.Y. Yankees 2009 SEASON THREAD (103-59) WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

I love night baseball.
pimp.gif

Again, I NEVER said that this team is LIKE 98.

What I said was that its very reminiscent of the 98 team.

In other words, they're the closest thing to it that we've seen this decade. I know all the stats about the 98 team. This team won't win as manygames or have the best record ever, but it has characteristics of it.

(For the most part of the season)
Shut Down bullpen ( Mo, Franchise, Aceves, Coke)
Come from behind wins ( What is it now? 28?)
Great starting pitching ( At times its been shaky, but when they're on, they're on)
The bats pick up one another ( 1-9 have played very unselfish, and 1 bat will make you pay for the previous)

These are just some things that I remember watching back in 98 that I havent seen from any Yankee team this decade.

Again, NEVER did I say, or will I say, that this team is the same, like, or in the same discussion as the 98 squad. That's why I used the word reminiscent,because it reminds me of that team.

Reminds me more of the '05 squad (the lineup).

Ridiculous from top to bottom.

Pitching is closer to the 03 squad though.

Damn, y'all going IN in Jordan201...what is he, the honorary punching bag of Team Yankees?
roll.gif

I kinda see some flashes of the 1998 team as well in this team...but that '98 team will stand above all others (even the 2001 Mariners who had a betterseason record but didn't have the successful postseason they were looking for).

Just look up the 1998 Yankees Season on Wikipedia...they started the year 0-3 but then just went on a ridiculous tear the rest of the year.

Originally Posted by JoRDaN201

Again, I NEVER said that this team is LIKE 98.

What I said was that its very reminiscent of the 98 team.

In other words, they're the closest thing to it that we've seen this decade. I know all the stats about the 98 team. This team won't win as many games or have the best record ever, but it has characteristics of it.

(For the most part of the season)
Shut Down bullpen ( Mo, Franchise, Aceves, Coke)
Come from behind wins ( What is it now? 28?)
Great starting pitching ( At times its been shaky, but when they're on, they're on)
The bats pick up one another ( 1-9 have played very unselfish, and 1 bat will make you pay for the previous)

These are just some things that I remember watching back in 98 that I havent seen from any Yankee team this decade.

Again, NEVER did I say, or will I say, that this team is the same, like, or in the same discussion as the 98 squad. That's why I used the word reminiscent, because it reminds me of that team.

Uhmm you just described every good team ever in baseball. Of course we have those qualities otherwise we wouldnt be winning.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Damn, I didn't think my statement was gonna sink in this bad.

To be honest, I don't care if we're playing like the '23 yanks or the '98 yanks, as long as we're winning.

And again, maybe someone can understand this, I'm not saying that they're like the '98 Yanks (no one ever will).

For those of you that took my statement the wrong way, my bad.

On a side note, The A's just traded Matt Holliday to the Cards.

So the A's won't have Matt in the lineup for this series (obviously)

4-1 Yankees
pimp.gif

This is the second straight start where Joba has looked very sharp. Other than the first inning, he is working far more economically.

Originally Posted by true 3 blue

I see a few members of the A's defense has on grey underbrim caps
nerd.gif
Yeah, Ellis is one of them.

laugh.gif
I saw a screencap of that and I was thinking "are they down with Team Grey Underbrim?"
roll.gif

Originally Posted by briannnnn

Originally Posted by true 3 blue

I see a few members of the A's defense has on grey underbrim caps
nerd.gif
Yeah, Ellis is one of them.

laugh.gif
I saw a screencap of that and I was thinking "are they down with Team Grey Underbrim?"
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

I NEEEEED a yellow brim badly.

A win is a win is a win is a win...

For once I'm trying to look at this optimistically...if he can gain confidence in his ability and finally live up to who he can be, it'll be huge.

nice win today..again..nice to see Joba pitching well.

And the emotion out of Joba is good too. F the haters.

8 in a row!

... i dont get it...the game is on and this thread is not on the first page....

Andy looking great through 2...6 up 6 down

Back
Top Bottom