Official N.Y. Yankees 2009 SEASON THREAD (103-59) WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

Originally Posted by jrp44

Originally Posted by briannnnn

And all their recent games have been a minimum of 4 hrs seemingly
laugh.gif

I remember this rivalry in the late 90s where the Yankees routinely dealt crushing blows to the Sox at Fenway. I remember watching one game on TV where many of the Sox fans left and after Chuck Knoblauch got a base hit, a surprisingly audible "MVP! MVP!" chant was heard from the crowd
laugh.gif
Or what about the 5 game weekend sweep a few years ago??
eek.gif
eek.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Really though is it just me or does it seem like we paly at Fenway like 90% of the times we play the Sox
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Everytime they play in NY its like a mid week series
laugh.gif
It ain't just you man, I feel the same way
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
smh.gif

Originally Posted by jrp44

Originally Posted by briannnnn

laugh.gif

I remember this rivalry in the late 90s where the Yankees routinely dealt crushing blows to the Sox at Fenway. I remember watching one game on TV where many of the Sox fans left and after Chuck Knoblauch got a base hit, a surprisingly audible "MVP! MVP!" chant was heard from the crowd
laugh.gif
Or what about the 5 game weekend sweep a few years ago??
eek.gif
eek.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Really though is it just me or does it seem like we paly at Fenway like 90% of the times we play the Sox
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Everytime they play in NY its like a mid week series
laugh.gif

Really. SEEMS like EVERY YEAR it starts at Fenway on a friday.

And that 5 game series was
pimp.gif

I think Damons first back at Fenway and he was on fire

pimp.gif

today is big, obviously. If the Yankees lose, i dont care what you say there will be problems. Andy has to give us another Andy performance. I am hoping forthe best, have to keep Jason Bay and Mike Lowell and Youkl at a stand still. I'm not scared of anyone else on that team.

YANKEES (9-8 )
Gardner CF
Jeter SS
Teixeira 1B
Swisher LF
Cano 2B
Posada C
Matsui DH
Cabrera RF
Berroa 3B
Pitching: LHP Andy Pettitte (2-0, 2.53).

RED SOX (11-6)
Ellsbury CF
Pedroia 2B
Ortiz DH
Youkilis 1B
Drew RF
Bay LF
Lowell 3B
Varitek C
Green SS

Pitching: RHP Justin Masterson (1-0, 3.18).

I don't know what will be worse. A Yankees loss, or having to listen to Miller and Morgan (and Steve Phillips) all game
sick.gif

We need this game. Friday was a really tough loss, but Saturday was just bad. We need a good outing from Andy tonight in the worst way, and the offense hasto get to Masterson early on.
UPDATE, 5:44 p.m.: Nick Swisher just showed up in a black suit with red pinstripes. It zips up the front. He also had on a gray fedora. He looks like one of Al Capone's henchmen.
- From LoHud
Swisher continues to be THE MAN!
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

laugh.gif

Forget about recent and seemingly, there's no such thing as a Yankees-Sox game that lasts under 4 hours. It could be a 2-1 game and it stillgoes 4 hours and 15 minutes.
laugh.gif

Btw is this the game thread or is someone gonna make a separate one?

laugh.gif
John Sterling mentioned that yesterday's game was an "offensive orgy"

And when describing Gardner hitting the ball to Nick Green

"Gardner fists it on the ground..."

roll.gif

Originally Posted by JD617

laugh.gif
Forget about recent and seemingly, there's no such thing as a Yankees-Sox game that lasts under 4 hours. It could be a 2-1 game and it still goes 4 hours and 15 minutes.
laugh.gif

no game threads this year...just this thread and our little 4 sox fan thread we got going
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

Originally Posted by JD617

laugh.gif
Forget about recent and seemingly, there's no such thing as a Yankees-Sox game that lasts under 4 hours. It could be a 2-1 game and it still goes 4 hours and 15 minutes.
laugh.gif

no game threads this year...just this thread and our little 4 sox fan thread we got going
laugh.gif

You mean you're not a one-man show over in the Red Sox thread anymore? You found a crew to roll with?
laugh.gif

here we go , kissing joe morgan's #+%. at least once every sunday we see some form of the big red machine
smh.gif

Originally Posted by true 3 blue

Originally Posted by onewearz

here we go , kissing joe morgan's #+%. at least once every sunday we see some form of the big red machine
smh.gif

I'm lost, what do you mean.

' Jon always mentions Joe's career and how good he was at something etc.

Back
Top Bottom