Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
"When pierce made it to ecf the east was terrible"

Not true. 76ers & Bucks had VERY good squads that year.

Wait it makes sense, it looks like a Vneck and Cali is full of hipsters.

I see you warriors :pimp:

This is laughable. Give melo Garnett, Allen, and rondo against that weak *** east and he would have been just fine.

He has no legitimate number two on this Knicks team. You simply can't compare this version of amare to Wade, Westbrook, Parker, and sadly even today's Garnett.

Just like Chicago and Indiana have no chance of winning a championship.

He's not as good as dirk. That dirk run was something special. Kind of doubt he can do that but I guess it's possible

George Karl and dantoni? Yeah wonderful coaches. They sure know how to win championships. Karl didn't even want him shooting 3's.

George Karl hated him and was overjoyed to have him traded. Dantoni quit rather than coach him. They might not be great coaches, but you think they do that with Durant or LeBron or even Pierce?

He couldn't play with Iverson. Couldn't play with Amare who was an MVP candidate before he got there. Couldn't even play with Jeremy Lin and felt he was getting too much attention. Has made every good player next to him worse.

You notice the Knicks gameplan? They're not talking about getting stars anymore. Instead, they surround Melo with players who are good or average but not enough to challenge his ego or authority. That's just what the Nuggets learned they had to do after the iverson experiment failed. And it's just good enough to win you 50 games, probably not win a playoff series, and give Melo just enough excuses for his defenders to keep talking about his "skill set"....

Melo had a prime Iverson and a VERY talented nuggets team. You can make whatever excuses you want, but as a NYer I have seen a lot of Carmelo and he simply does not play winning basketball. Hero ball never works in the NBA and he is one of the worst examples of that mentality I have ever seen.

I also don't find it fun to watch someone hold the ball for 15 secs of the shot clock.

prime Iverson? Really...?

:lol:

Couldn't play with Amare who was an MVP candidate before he got there. Couldn't even play with Jeremy Lin and felt he was getting too much attention. Has made every good player next to him worse.

They played together for half a season and you just expected things to mesh from day 1? Amare and Melo look pretty good on the court lately.

How many games has Lin and Melo even played together, less than 10? Felt he was getting too much attentions....did Melo tell you that or do you just like to read tabloid newspapers?

Instead, they surround Melo with players who are good or average but not enough to challenge his ego or authority

No, they surrounded him with some more winners and veteran leadership so he can grow and develop further as a player since his leadership skills were lacking (some people have to learn it)...he has come a long way from two season and is playing winning basketball this season.

Last edited:
Alternates:

Sleeves.
sick.gif
:x  imagine all the gear Dwight would try to throw on top of these

George Karl hated him and was overjoyed to have him traded. Dantoni quit rather than coach him. They might not be great coaches, but you think they do that with Durant or LeBron or even Pierce?

He couldn't play with Iverson. Couldn't play with Amare who was an MVP candidate before he got there. Couldn't even play with Jeremy Lin and felt he was getting too much attention. Has made every good player next to him worse.

You notice the Knicks gameplan? They're not talking about getting stars anymore. Instead, they surround Melo with players who are good or average but not enough to challenge his ego or authority. That's just what the Nuggets learned they had to do after the iverson experiment failed. And it's just good enough to win you 50 games, probably not win a playoff series, and give Melo just enough excuses for his defenders to keep talking about his "skill set"....

Lol just stop amare got hurt in first game of 2011 playoffs and wasnt the same since

Lin wanted a payday ... Melo was not hating on son

I for one love the warriors jerseys.

Only wish the entire jersey was pinstripes though

prime Iverson? Really...?

:lol:
They played together for half a season and you just expected things to mesh from day 1? Amare and Melo look pretty good on the court lately.

How many games has Lin and Melo even played together, less than 10? Felt he was getting too much attentions....did Melo tell you that or do you just like to read tabloid newspapers?

Amare's had to be relegated to a role player. If you call that "pretty good". We can argue over specific excuses you can make, but I'd rather get back to you guys in 4 years when the Melo-team has won nothing and you can finally admit that I'm right.

Lol amare got hurt first game of the 11 playoffs and was ballin that game and hasnt been the same since .... Probably wouldve been a great series

Lin just wanted a payday and we seen what kind of player he was when chalmers shut him down

Lol melo was not hating on lin my guy

adidas getting lazy. trying to make nba uniforms look like soccer uniforms :lol:

good thing they dont have the nfl :lol:

The Bucks missed the playoffs that year.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

The ECF in the early 2000's was prolly the worst any conference has ever been.

Melo taking the Nugs to the playoffs every year since he was a rookie in a absolutely loaded WCF is more impressive than what Pierce did up to that the Big 3 joined up.

Amare's had to be relegated to a role player. If you call that "pretty good". We can argue over specific excuses you can make, but I'd rather get back to you guys in 4 years when the Melo-team has won nothing and you can finally admit that I'm right.

Stat was regulated to a bench because he is coming back from a serious injury/surgery and the Knicks were playing excellent basketball without him, what does that have to do with Melo? Stat relishes his role and said he didn't want to mess up team chemistry before he came back....the team is focused on winning only.

In case you're not watching the games, just because Stat comes off the bench doesn't mean he isn't gettinbg much PT. Stat/Melo/Tyson are on the floor to end the games more consistently and they've been playing well together.

Last edited:
Stat was regulated to a bench player because he is coming back from a serious injury/surgery and the Knicks were playing excellent basketball without him, what does that have to do with Melo?

In case you're not watching the games, just because Stat comes off the bench doesn't mean he isn't gettinbg much PT. Stat/Melo/Tyson are on the floor to end the games more consistently and they've been playing well together.

My point was that Melo hasn't been able to play alongside another star. You named Amare and said theyd been playing "pretty well together", I said that's fine but Amare has had to take a back seat and is a shell of himself... So that doesn't prove anything.

Edit: Overall, when the Knicks prove themselves a real contender you'll be right, and I'll be wrong. If the opposite happens I would point to Melo's career and offer it as evidence of a pattern based on his playing style and lack of leadership. Maybe we can revisit this point after the playoffs?

Last edited:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

The ECF in the early 2000's was prolly the worst any conference has ever been.

Melo taking the Nugs to the playoffs every year since he was a rookie in a absolutely loaded WCF is more impressive than what Pierce did up to that the Big 3 joined up.

Who cares, though? Pierce won a ring and was the Finals MVP. Let me know when Melo does one or the other...

Dudes forgetting pierce had mr shimmy on his team who gave you 20+ and 8 on a daily and still only made ecf once lol

Melo will never win anything of significance.

Hell win a series or 2.

He won't win the east or a finals.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom