Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
steph curry. he won't be playing alongside a ball dominating 2 anymore. i say he averages 21-7. 50/40/90

his ankles have to hold up

Rick Carlisle has made it clear that he's giving the reigns to OJ Mayo this year, so he's either going to excel, or crash and burn.. :lol:

I agree with John Wall. I'm interested to see how that back-court develops.

I hope him and Nene can develop some good chemistry.

will shoot sub 40% again and be one of, if not the, worst guard in the NBA. He better make an appointment to get his passport photo taken
he can score, i dont see how he doesnt stay in the NBA if he is heathly

OJ running PG full time? good luck with that

will shoot sub 40% again and be one of, if not the, worst guard in the NBA. He better make an appointment to get his passport photo taken

he can score, i dont see how he doesnt stay in the NBA if he is heathly

OJ running PG full time? good luck with that
5'11 and can't run the 1, a scorer/shooter but not even good at that (he shot the worst fg% in the league last yr), and certainly can't stop anyone defensively. There is no situation I can see in the league where he excels.Once his rookie deal is over, it's either long bus rides or passports.

5'11 and can't run the 1, a scorer/shooter but not even good at that (he shot the worst fg% in the league last yr), and certainly can't stop anyone defensively. There is no situation I can see in the league where he excels.Once his rookie deal is over, it's either long bus rides or passports.
so dude has no shot to improve his play? know matter what dude will be in the NBA once his rookie contract is up.

Yea, I'm just not high on him. He shot even worst in summer league too, but maybe improving him with a bigger, better version of what he shold be will do him some good.

Whose about to have a breakout year?

Dj Augustine, he is definitely the best playmaker on the Pacers now, I could see him overtaking the starting spot from George Hill, or even the both of them on the court at the same time.

Mario Chalmers. With DWade's health deteriorating, I could see them looking towards Chalmers for more scoring from the guard position. He is a good shooter, and has shown to be good at getting to the rim.

Michael Beasely. Pretty much everybody knows the guy can score, but America hasnt seen much of him in a starting role, or with substantial minutes lately. IF he can stay focused, I expect him to score alot of points this year

What is a breakout season from Lebron James? Or Russy for that matter? Or Rudy Gay?
All of these guys are already considered stars in the NBA, one of them is considered the best player in the league.
For Lebron if he comes next year with the mentality that he had during the playoff, He's always been great but in the playoffs he looked like an all-time great. If he brings that this season then as great Lebron has been we could see a 2-4 year window of why people thought he could have been one of the ever to lace them up, if that makes sense

Russell it's just about finally making the right decision as a point guard. Not settling for those quick pull-ups with 20 secs on the shot clock, not recklessly charging into the paint or driving having 3 people around you and throwing up some ******* shot instead of kicking it to Perk for a dunk or Ibaka for a wide open jumper. There's no reason he should've had only had 4 games in 2011 with 10+ assist with all the attention he commands. 

Rudy isn't a star. He has the potential to be one and it's about putting it all together. He has all this talent and athleticism yet he's the only thing he's done in the league is be on the all rookie first team, and sit on the bench with an injury when he team was doing things in the playoffs. No all-stars, I don't even think he's even close to getting an all-star mention, only 1 season of 20 points (20.1) in his second year, only a decent defender despite being 6'8 athletic and a 7'3 wingspan, he has decent handles, pretty good jumpshot, can get to the rim there's no reason this year he shouldn't be dropping 23-24/7/3 a game 

I think dude is saying "breakout" seasons are usually considered to be players on the come up. Not dudes that already are elite players (Bron, Russ).

I do agree with you on Rudy tho. He isn't a "star" and people are still waiting for him to make it to that elite level.

Last edited:
At this point Dallas is either going to be really good, or they are going to go into the side of a mountain. There's no in between.

Brand, Kaman, OJ, I'm leaning mountain. I have a bad bad feeling about that squad.

The perfect example of a breakout player this season would be Jrue Holiday.

He's entering a contract year (unless he signs an extension before Oct. 31) despite being 22. Has had solid stats since being a starter but only scratching the surface of his potential. He should be the top perimeter talent on the team now with Andre Iguodala and Lou Williams elsewhere. He could be primed for a 18, 5 and 7 type of season. But that's largely dependent on his own aggressiveness, chemistry with Andrew Bynum and the plans employed by Doug Collins.

Last edited:
I just came in here to say Evan Turner and I see you picked another Sixer

The only thing I can pinpoint Evan Turner does well on the court is rebound. Everything else is just poor to mediocre.

*Waits for Gunna*

Al-Farouq Aminu: Still just 22 (as of today); carried over a good finish last season into the Olympics; should start all season.
Omer Asik: Will see more playing time with that contract; maybe we see a little more offense to go with what he does best.
Gustavo Ayon: Second-year player that plays like a well-rounded 10-year vet because he's 27; on a bad Magic team.
Alec Burks/Derrick Favors/Gordon Hayward/Enes Kanter: Varying steps forward for each of them.
O.J. Mayo: Too easy.
Patty Mills: Maybe the fastest player in the league; great shooter.

Shot in the dark:

E'Twaun Moore: Big combo guard that does everything well; huge opportunity with the Magic; could make you learn his name or get cut.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom