Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm definitely excited about the NBA season. I'm intrigued by the Nets now, but looking forward to see how my Bulls squad works out as the season develops.

At this point Dallas is either going to be really good, or they are going to go into the side of a mountain. There's no in between.

Brand, Kaman, OJ, I'm leaning mountain. I have a bad bad feeling about that squad.

That's probably one of the best quickly thrown together teams I've ever seen, but you're definitely right. I'm thinking they;ll have one of those surprisingly fast starts, and then the bottom falls out.

Evan Turner is gonna go off this season. All of y'all gonna be on notice, Iggy and Lou took the ball from him too much

I love that young Jazz core Kev mentioned.

Good call by Kev, I forgot about Derrick Favors. I've been watching him since he was a Net and I think his ceiling is SKY HIGH. The Jazz have a log-jam at PF/C but I expect him to take a big step forward this year and command major minutes, shut down the paint and start becoming the star he was drafted to be.

Gonna be a tough year for my Suns. Channing Frye just got diagnosed with an enlarged heart and is out for the year.

Starting Lineup:

-Dragic
-Dudley
-Beasley
-Scola
-Gortat

6th & 7th man - Shannon Brown and Markieff Morris

At lease we got a new black court, new uni's next year and are gonna be in the Nerlens Noel lottery :smokin

Hoping Kendall Marshall gets some burn and Wes Johnson can reach some of his potential.

Last edited:
Gonna be a tough year for my Suns. Channing Frye just got diagnosed with an enlarged heart and is out for the year.

Starting Lineup:

-Dragic
-Dudley
-Beasley
-Scola
-Gortat

6th & 7th man - Shannon Brown and Markieff Morris

At lease we got a new black court, new uni's next year and are gonna be in the Nerlens Noel lottery :smokin

Hoping Kendall Marshall get some burn and Wes Johnson can reach some of his potential.

I expect Beasley to cook, especially since he should be the go-to scorer on that team. That Channing Frye loss sucks though...I guess he just had too much heart......

too soon?

At this point Dallas is either going to be really good, or they are going to go into the side of a mountain. There's no in between.
Brand, Kaman, OJ, I'm leaning mountain. I have a bad bad feeling about that squad.

Completely agree. We either do well or crash and burn. If we get some injuries that stack up, it'll be the latter. But. We haven't been this young since 2005. Outside of Marion, Dirk, Caveman, and Brand, the role players are damn young. No headcases either.

What I'm excited about is that OJ is the best player we've picked up since Dirk/Nash, which is kind of sad. :lol:

Also we should be relatively good offensively, seeing as both our Centers are the two best offensive bigs we've had in 25 years. :lol:

It all leans on OJ, Collison, Kaman, and Brand. The rooks are nice, Roddy will probably break both his ankles, but Dirk can't carry teams like he did in the past.

I was surprised to hear that the reason that OJ chose to come to Dallas was Billups. He said to "go be coached by Carlisle." Billups was the one who was given his shot when Rick took over Detroit that year. That's one positive about this roster, if it can work, Rick will bust his *** to make it happen.

My fingers are crossed. :lol:

Best case scenario is a top-4 seed, second round appearance. That's all you need sometimes to get hot, but I don't expect any contending from this team.

Worst case, battle for the eighth or tank it into the lottery. I can't see the latter happening though. Cuban is too egotistical to put a product on the floor.

I expect Beasley to cook, especially since he should be the go-to scorer on that team. That Channing Frye loss sucks though...I guess he just had too much heart......
too soon?

Hahahaha I see what you did there. I expect Beasley to go for 20 & 8. I think he needs a partner in crime like Harden to join him next summer :D

Last edited:
I expect Beasley to get caught up in all the snow bunnies in PHX and still not play to his potential.
Dragic is going to ball though also like Marshall coming as a poor man's steve nash without the range too.
Dude is slow as **** though.
Yall not getting Noel that's either the Bobcats or the Magic, yall got a shot at Bazz though.

anyone got a open space for a NT fantasy league or want to join a league, might make one if no one has space.

Weird, but I like some of those Suns players. Sucks to hear about Frye, and I wasn't a fan of his game or anything, but he worked well with that team and could have helped them at least. But Dragic, Scola and Gortat is fun, Marshall I hope will be good, Beas is Beas, but their bench is um, sad. :x

Weird to actually have some guys on that team I like, I haven't liked a Sun since Barkley/Dumas. Crazy.

Fab Melo is gonna end up having a Daniel Orton type career. Which basically means....it'll never even get started.

Even more so....what does this say about Fab Melo?

Thought Fab Melo was gonna be a big part of the Celtics this season actually.

Darko replaces Stiesema (sp)...don't see how that's a bad signing.

Totally forgot that Greg left. You got that one..

Eh, whoever they sign at this point isn't going to have that skill. They have Rondo, Terry, Pierce, and KG who can really create their own shots. Jeff Green, Courtney Lee, Avery Bradley are guys that are pretty good at scoring without needing the ball in their hands.
It is a weird signing unless they expect KG to play a lot of PF.
Right now they have at Center -> KG (where he should be playing now), Darko, Jason Collins, Fab Melo. Sullinger might end up better at center too. But that's three traditional centers in a time where the league is going smaller. Odd.
Either way, unless the team culture properly motivates Darko, I don't expect much out of him. His M.O. is a couple REALLY good games a year (like 3), a lot of offensive rebounds for the other team, weak layups when he should dunk it, and him inevitably checking out with like 30 games once his minutes go down. I'm on to you, Darko.
Still, a motivated Darko is still damn good. Really good defender. Strangely good passer at times. Really weird player.

Great points. Darko is a solid serviceable player. I like Kris Joseph, and said earlier that he looks like he can be a really poor man's version of Paul Pierce. He led Syracuse in scoring last season. Sullinger has post moves, but i'm not sure if he can guard NBA PF's. Fab Melo has great potential IMO. He's so mobile and can block about two balls a game. Plus, I think he has a mid range jumper along with that?

I like Kris Joseph, and said earlier that he looks like he can be a really poor man's version of Paul Pierce. He led Syracuse in scoring last season. Fab Melo has great potential IMO. He's so mobile and can block about two balls a game. Plus, I think he has a mid range jumper along with that?

That you Jim Boeheim?

If Carlisle is giving the reigns to OJ, I expect rookie-sophmore year numbers from him with a low seed.

The question will be, can he be a difference maker by making the team much better while he's on the floor compared to Terry.

If Carlisle is giving the reigns to OJ, I expect rookie-sophmore year numbers from him with a low seed.
The question will be, can he be a difference maker by making the team much better while he's on the floor compared to Terry.

If he can be a 20 PPG guy, I'm happy. Mediocre shooting %'s will be fine, but I want 45% and to limit his turnovers.

I'm more worried about our back-court than our front-court. There's a ton of veterans in the front-court, but from Beaubois to Jones to Collison to OJ to Cunningham, all those guys gotta prove they deserve to be starters or competing for playing time. Roddy hasn't done that since his rookie year, Jones hasn't really had the chance, and Collison has had to deal with injuries.

I expect Dirk and OJ to have similar scoring numbers, which is asking a lot of OJ, but Carlisle/Cuban have been calling OJ a star since they signed him, so he has to pony-up and get it done.

But he's on a one-year deal, he has a lot at stake. If he doesn't play well, he could turn into another Josh Howard, quickly.

As long as Dirk is on that team, the Mavs will stay competitive. His 4th quarter efficiency >

They just need to add some more "dependable" or veteran depth at the back up PG/SG/SF positions. Roddy Buckets and D.Jones are a question mark.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom