Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
nothing really seperating joe johnson from carmelo anthony except for a couple all nba 3rd teams.

Stop, please don't turn this into Melo and Joe debate.

Melo has way more offensive moves, and can actually drive the ball.

Joe Johnson's biggest problem his whole career was that he couldn't drive the ball or finish at rim. He's never used his frame to be physical and he lacked athleticism.

All things considered, Johnson did pretty well for a 10th overall pick.

Joe Johnson is 6'7, if he ever developed a consistant post game, we might be talking about a different career

His post game is actually pretty good. He's normally WAY bigger than any SG guarding him, so he draws doubles pretty consistently. His problem is not getting to the FT line. If he used Pierce/Kobe-like smarts to pump fake and get to the line/draw fouls - he'd be a completely different player. Instead, he takes far too many jump shots and floaters, so he hovers around 43% from the field and barely gets to the line.

To put in perspective, JJ is just as tall and weighs just as much as Paul Pierce except he plays SG. Huge mismatch.

on some plays, i remembered jj used to hold the ball for like 20 secs and then chuck up a bad shot during the 2010 playoffs :x

Stop, please don't turn this into Melo and Joe debate.

Melo has way more offensive moves, and can actually drive the ball.

Joe Johnson's biggest problem his whole career was that he couldn't drive the ball or finish at rim. He's never used his frame to be physical and he lacked athleticism.

All things considered, Johnson did pretty well for a 10th overall pick.

Couldn't and Doesn't are two COMPLETELY different things. He has the ability to get to the rim when he wants just based of his ball handling ability alone.

He has the talent to be THAT DUDE. Huge Difference between Melo & Joe... One is HUNGRY & kills all over the court offensively. One is Chill and does his work strictly on the perimeter. HUGE Difference.

Lets wait for April for the JJ talk. Its seem like most of you guys forgot
Exactly. The playoffs highlight how overpaid he is even more.

He has zero playoff runs where he dropped over 20 ppg.

Ridiculously overpaid, and Atlanta gave him that deal after he just finished a playoff run dropping 18 on 39% shooting, 22% from deep

Last edited:
Couldn't and Doesn't are two COMPLETELY different things. He has the ability to get to the rim when he wants just based of his ball handling ability alone.

He has the talent to be THAT DUDE. Huge Difference between Melo & Joe... One is HUNGRY & kills all over the court offensively. One is Chill and does his work strictly on the perimeter. HUGE Difference.

So because you can dribble you can finish at the rim?

He doesn't because he can't. He can get to the rim but he can't finish, I'll stand by that.

Yo, all you old dogs (Lawdog, CP, SKA, ironically all LA sports fans are old as hell) 

I don't feel like this is thread worthy, but I was looking at the Dream Team stats. 

Why did Stockton only play 4 games??? In last years documentary on them, he looked well in 92. Was he hurt or something??

I've googled this for like a few minutes now and can't find anything on it. Hell the Dream Team wiki page mentions Stockton like 4 times total 
laugh.gif

Maybe having Magic as PG was a greater advantage?

My guess.
Maybe.... but Magic had to have been fat/out of shape as hell after not playing for so long right?

Plus Magic and Stockton were the only two PGs on the team. I'm sure they were just fine regardles.... kinda like how the '12 team didn't have any bigs 
laugh.gif

John Stockton's status for the 1992 Dream Team took a hit when a collision with teammate Michael Jordan resulted in an undisplaced fracture of the right fibula during an Olympic qualifier. Stockton said he would play through the pain, but ended up missing the first five games in Barcelona.
Link

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom