Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
 And put who a pass first PG like Rondo on the Thunder right so it could be 1 V 5 on offense for KD

Yeah they desperately need Westbrook to keep scoring like he does, which is something not many players in the league can do.

Still the Westbrook slander? He had 19pts, 10 assists, 8 rebounds and dominated his matchup. Wait til KD gets around a "pass first" PG like Rubio who can't score/shoot himself. It's going to get so exposed first that part of the reason he doesn't get the ball every possession is he doesn't even post up, he just stands there so even when he has 6 inches height advantage on his man it isn't always an easy pass because he doesn't seal, but furthermore defenses are going to just help off Rubio or Rondo or whoever the **** is this ideal perfect pass first PG you want the Thunder to sign.

And again, there's the whole objective fact that 2 of the 3 most frequent assist/scorer combos in the league are Westbrook to KD, Westbrook to Ibaka, but continue your narrative

Yeah they desperately need Westbrook to keep scoring like he does, which is something not many players in the league can do.

They need him to attack the basket and pass out to the shooters. They DON'T need him trying to score vs. 4 people in the lane.

Gotta love how people on NT don't read tho. I said a pass first PG who can score, like CP3 or D-Will. Nobody said anything about no Rondo or Rubio.

Last edited:
I'll take Josh Smith in Memphis next season to replace a aging Z.Bo.. I think.. :rolleyes

actually maybe not

Last edited:
They need him to attack the basket and pass out to the shooters. They DON'T need him trying to score vs. 4 people in the lane.

Gotta love how people on NT don't read tho. I said a pass first PG who can score, like CP3 or D-Will. Nobody said anything about no Rondo or Rubio.

Lol what shooters? K mart, d fish? Smh them dudes are too inconsistent for russ to trust. Hating on russ because hes an aggressive player and got that mamba blood

I think this team would struggle to contend if CP3 or Dwill were their starting PG, because they don't have much firepower outside of KD and WB. Whether those guys are objectively better players is a different conversation.

Yeah they desperately need the best PG in the league :smh:

Russ isn't perfect but with OKC's personnel, they need someone more aggressive than not. Durant and Martin are the only other scorers on the team. Every team in the league would be better with CP3 and a healthy Deron at point - outside of those two - you're not going to find PGs much better than Russ - especially "pass first" PGs. Durant scores 30 points a game and people still want him to take more shots. How much does he need to score for you guys to be happy? 40 a game?

A "pass first PG who scores," of course as opposed to a "scoring pass who passes" and they both somehow get the same numbers, still isn't going to solve the problem of KD letting him defenders push him out passed the 3 pt line on his "post ups" or the fact you can't easily get him the ball even when he has size mismatches because he doesn't post up strong, he just stands there without sealing his defender so it's a tough pass to make if the defender is active. It's literally the exact same problem Dirk and the Mavs used to have when they tried to run the same middle of the court 2 man game pick and rick iso to force the small on big switch with Nash and Dirk.

Deron has only been playing as well as he has been since like the all star break and even he would admit it, got a nutritionist and lost weight and everything. Dude was living off his reputation for 2-3 yrs while really not playing that well because nobody was seeing him in the Meadowlands.

Who are the pass first pgs who can score and who are scoring pgs who pass? Where do Lillard and Irving fall on this subjective, entirely based on whether you like a player or not, continuum? John Wall?

LoL, now being top 10 in FTA is bad too. Dude should just hand KD the ball then go stand in the weakside corner like Eric Snow used to do. That'll win us games

Last edited:
Lol what shooters? K mart, d fish? Smh them dudes are too inconsistent for russ to trust. Hating on russ because hes an aggressive player and got that mamba blood

Durant and Martin are two of the best 3-pt shooters in the league...

And no Russ does not have Mamba blood, the comparison is offense. Flying into the lane and throwing the ball in the air praying you get a foul or it goes in isn't aggressive it's just stupid. You can even see Durant's frustration with Westbrook on the court.

CP3 and D-Will both can and do score, just not in a wreckless shot out of a cannon with no direction way Westbrook does. OKC would be just as good if not better with either one.

this is westbrook's 5th year in the league.. he's only 24 years old

1st year, the thunder finish with a record of 23-59

2nd year, okc wins 50 games and make the playoffs as the 8th seed.. they win 2 games vs the eventual champion (the lakers) and lose 2 games on last second baskets

3rd year, okc wins 55 games (4th seed).. and they make it to the western conference finals, losing to the eventual champion again

4th year, okc wins 47 games (2nd seed) in the shortened season (66 games).. they make it to the finals and lose to the eventual champion again

5th year, okc wins 60 games and are currently the 1st seed in the west

westbrook's 2013 season per game stats (34.9 mins per): 23.2 points (.438 shooting/.323 on 3s), 5.2 rebounds, 7.4 assists, 1.8 steals

derrick rose's MVP season per game stats (37.4 mins per): 25 points (.445 shooting/.332 on 3s), 4.1 rebounds, 7.7 assists, 1 steal

why is westbrook being questioned after a game in which he was 2 rebounds short of a triple-double in only 30 mins of work (plus 2 steals)...

seriously, did the thunder lose by 29?

Last edited:
Oh I don't think the comparison was between Westbrook and Rose, because Westbrook is also a pure scorer. I would rather have WB though... He's a more complete player

Oh I don't think the comparison was between Westbrook and Rose, because Westbrook is also a pure scorer. I would rather have WB though... He's a more complete player

I tuned out of the game for a bit after halftime so I didn't see this:

If nothing else, the Bulls' lopsided Game 1 loss figured to translate into some rest for starters. Instead, Tom Thibodeau played all three healthy starters (Carlos Boozer, Jimmy Butler and Luol Deng) regular minutes. Boozer's 45 minutes played were second in the league over the weekend to Jeff Green's 46.

What's the point of that? :smh:

Thibs is a great coach but he's terrible with minutes. He gives absolutely no dambs about running his players into the ground. Deng always looks washed by the time the playoffs come.

Durant and Martin are two of the best 3-pt shooters in the league...

And no Russ does not have Mamba blood, the comparison is offense. Flying into the lane and throwing the ball in the air praying you get a foul or it goes in isn't aggressive it's just stupid. You can even see Durant's frustration with Westbrook on the court.

CP3 and D-Will both can and do score, just not in a wreckless shot out of a cannon with no direction way Westbrook does. OKC would be just as good if not better with either one.

So attacking the basket is worse than taking jumpshots the whole game?

If LeBron leaves Miami then its curtains for his legacy. Even if he was to go back to Cleveland he would forever be known as the guy who jumped from team to team to get rings. The guy who at the first sign of things getting tough decides to leave and go to a place where he'll have it easy(this is already a popular opinion but if he leaves again the amount of people who side with it will increase tenfold) . Call me naive, but I don't think he will do it to himself.
how so that doesnt even make sense.... i could see if he was a role player...or even a great/good player in his twilight years. He will be in his prime still, and be the reason wherever he goes win a championship. You guys are looking at him/comparing as if he was like gp or malone etc... in their final years. And the knock of changing teams actually doesnt make sense for a number of reasons. 1. it is easier to be in a position to win and have a team customized and tailored around you....how so you ask...? How many players have walked into a situation with no familiarity, no players drafted/traded to surround you, but instead change the team and literally made them winners/champions? Its not like lebron is a role player and would basically be adding to a winning formula...or trying to "get in where he fit in" he would literally be changing the face of a organization and having a entire organization tailored around him. 2 it is easier to grow/develop mess and gel if you will with players you are familiar with and have experience with,

Think of it like starting with a company from the ground up...and growing with them, having a history with them vs...coming into an already established business and basically taking over as lead dog and having to have said employees change and adjust to you. Ppl say oh anybody could just go to team and instantly make them champs. Um why hasnt it been done? Of the top of my head outside of kareem...cant say i can recall anyone else doing it. Not saying it is easy to win chips...but it was an easier transition for kobe to win a chip with the lakers after shaw departure...then it would have been for him to have went to memphis. I cant say for certain, but i can say with confidence...i doubt a year removed from shaq and the lakers...kobe would take over the griz and win two more championships.

Not saying jordan couldnt do it...but its fair to say it was easier for him after retirement to return to the bulls and win 3 chips...then it would have been iuno to return to the nets and win 3 chips in a row. So all this anybody could just go to a team and make them alltime greats and champions is absurd.  I serious doubt magic in his prime couldve left the lakers...went to the mavs and made them champs overnight. As much as i respect bird and the likes of many of the greats...they developed and grew and overtime where groomed as a collective group to ultimately become championship teams. Either that or they were drafted placed in a winning situation, in which all they had to do was basically "get in where they fit". Lebron hasnt had any of those situations in his career.

Duncan...again drafted and placed into a winning situation...so on and so forth. I mean i get somewhat why ppl dislike it...cause its nontraditional...and ppl wanna see the uphill struggle and the growth from scrubs to ok to good to championship caliber team. But i dont get the pass, ppl understand it accept it in other sports....ie deion sanders in his prime...so on and so forth. Its like a damn if you do/dont...if you grind it out and be on a horrendous team/org...its oh well he tried...but he isnt great cause he never one. If a player plays hard for essentially nothing...all throughout his best years...then when he becomes decent/servicable at best and join a winning team he is a ring chaser.

So i guess if you arent drafted by a great organization. with a knowledge of the game...who has good front office management/staff/scouts etc... You have the options of playing on a desimal team for basically nothing, and retire as a loyal loser. Wait till you are a shell of yourself...and basically ride the coat tails of other players...and be a ring chaser. Or be like lebron...and say im not wasting my years doing nothing and place yourself in a position to play with a great organization, great personal, etc... and a legitimate chance to win.

The funny thing about it all is that ppl knock what lebron did, yet praise phil jackson for essentially doing the same thing. Putting ones self in the best position to win. Lets not act like phil loves coaching so much, and he would love to coach with any team...hell ill take it a step further a team without a all time great/goat top 10 player of the generation. Hell you think he is even considering that cavs job... Only way he will coach again is if...somehow the lakers make moves...and become clear cut favorites to win it all... or something happens to spostra..and they asked phil to take over... and maybe possible maybe the thunder. If a coacch can have this mindset...and be praised, why is a player being knocked for the same mindset?

Still the Westbrook slander? He had 19pts, 10 assists, 8 rebounds and dominated his matchup. Wait til KD gets around a "pass first" PG like Rubio who can't score/shoot himself. It's going to get so exposed first that part of the reason he doesn't get the ball every possession is he doesn't even post up, he just stands there so even when he has 6 inches height advantage on his man it isn't always an easy pass because he doesn't seal, but furthermore defenses are going to just help off Rubio or Rondo or whoever the **** is this ideal perfect pass first PG you want the Thunder to sign.

And again, there's the whole objective fact that 2 of the 3 most frequent assist/scorer combos in the league are Westbrook to KD, Westbrook to Ibaka, but continue your narrative

Thank you man. Repped.

The whole rondo discussion is comedy. Stats stats stats...... Lets just forget that his acl or mcl (I forget) is bubble gum right now

why is westbrook being questioned after a game in which he was 2 rebounds short of a triple-double in only 30 mins of work (plus 2 steals)...

seriously, did the thunder lose by 29?

this is westbrook's 5th year in the league.. he's only 24 years old

1st year, the thunder finish with a record of 23-59

2nd year, okc wins 50 games and make the playoffs as the 8th seed.. they win 2 games vs the eventual champion (the lakers) and lose 2 games on last second baskets

3rd year, okc wins 55 games (4th seed).. and they make it to the western conference finals, losing to the eventual champion again

4th year, okc wins 47 games (2nd seed) in the shortened season (66 games).. they make it to the finals and lose to the eventual champion again

5th year, okc wins 60 games and are currently the 1st seed in the west

westbrook's 2013 season per game stats (34.9 mins per): 23.2 points (.438 shooting/.323 on 3s), 5.2 rebounds, 7.4 assists, 1.8 steals

derrick rose's MVP season per game stats (37.4 mins per): 25 points (.445 shooting/.332 on 3s), 4.1 rebounds, 7.7 assists, 1 steal
not to mention rose is the main focal point of offense..and doesnt have another great player to defer to. He being rose is basically in the same position as prime iverson was, in those top defensive years in philly. Westbrook is in a position kinda like pippen was with mj. Not saying durant stiffles his growth...nor am i saying westbrook is equal to pippen. But what i am saying is he just like pippen took a backseat...and couldnt flourish completely so long as they played with their respective counterparts.. Same thing with harden. Harden of this year would never have been if he continued to play at okc. And the age old question of could he do it would always linger over his head. Once put in a position,  it is no question what he is capable of doing, and the type of player he can be. Whereas on okc...it was a belief, a i think he could. Plus he barring injury or trade never would have got that moment to flourish...due to having to play alongside of durant/westbrook.

Bron not leaving Miami......he not about to catch backlash AGAIN

when we see Jordan we see The Bulls

when we see Kobe we see The Lakers

he wants that team/organization to be remembered by in his legacy......I knew once he made his move from Cleveland what ever team he went to would be his team through out his career

Man i hate (more like dislike) the fact that Lebron and the Heat had such amazing year.

MVP = MOST VALUABLE PLAYER to your team

Not the best player in the NBA award. Without Lebron they'd still be a top 5 seed in the East.

Yes Melo should be MVP, without Melo we're a 30 win team at best. You can even throw Harden in there, but I wont give Harden credit until he plays at a high level against a great team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom