Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruh!

:rofl:

Nets put themselves in cap purgatory for Joe Johnson and Gerald Wallace. :lol: :smh:

They better get use to these first round exits, probably gonna be a common occurrence the next few years.
This is their 1st full season together but thats no excuse
But damn joe was just a #1 option last year and you cant contribute as a 3rd option smh

Someone wake me up after we obliterate the Bulls. 

miami don't want to see the bulls. the heat were rooting for the nets i feel it in my bones. bulls just may get swept especially if Deng and kirk are still messed up, but i tell you this, your heat will knocked around pretty good before they see the pacers in the conference finals. heat better come with extra padding.

Last edited:
Ouch. Rose comes back next season & Brooklyn better hope they draw Indiana in round 1 or they're out in round 1 again vs. NYK/CHI/MIA.

From a roster standpoint they can't make any significant upgrades They have Wallace & Johnson combining for 30 million annually & playing horribly so they have zero cap flexibility.

They could get lucky & land a fringe all star with Hump's 12 mil expiring contract.

Their only other significant improvement can come from a coaching perspective. Stan Van Gundy/Phil Jackson
I don't think SVG is a good coach. God, that team in Orlando was struggling to put up 80 a game with Dwight. :x

Orlando scored 99 points per game in 2010-11, 16th in the league, 14th in offensive rating
102.8 points per game in 2009-2010, 6th in the league, 4th in offensive rating
101 points in 2008-2009, 10th in the league, 11th in offensive rating
104.5 points per game in 2007-2008, 6th in the league, 7th in offensive rating

They weren't struggling to put up 80 a game

Ouch. Rose comes back next season & Brooklyn better hope they draw Indiana in round 1 or they're out in round 1 again vs. NYK/CHI/MIA.

From a roster standpoint they can't make any significant upgrades They have Wallace & Johnson combining for 30 million annually & playing horribly so they have zero cap flexibility.

They could get lucky & land a fringe all star with Hump's 12 mil expiring contract.

Their only other significant improvement can come from a coaching perspective. Stan Van Gundy/Phil Jackson
I don't think SVG is a good coach. God, that team in Orlando was struggling to put up 80 a game with Dwight. 
sick.gif
Orlando scored 99 points per game in 2010-11, 16th in the league, 14th in offensive rating
102.8 points per game in 2009-2010, 6th in the league, 4th in offensive rating
101 points in 2008-2009, 10th in the league, 11th in offensive rating
104.5 points per game in 2007-2008, 6th in the league, 7th in offensive rating

They weren't struggling to put up 80 a game
It was well known that their offense stagnated a lot. I find those numbers misleading, because in big games, they couldn't put the ball in the bucket.

Someone wake me up after we obliterate the Bulls. 
miami don't want to see the bulls. the heat were rooting for the nets i feel it in my bones. bulls just may get swept especially if Deng and kirk are still messed up, but i tell you this, your heat will knocked around pretty good before they see the pacers in the conference finals. heat better come with extra padding.
I meant obliterate in the sense that we will win 4 games to 0 or 4 games to 1, not saying those games won't be physical and competitive though. 

You non-Net fans don't understand the damage PJ Carlisimo and Avery Johnson did this year. Take an AVERAGE coach and he adds a couple wins and we BREEZE by Chicago. I firmly believe that.

The team was playing 3 on 5 all year on offense. We didn't develop ANY of our young guys. Benched our best bench wing player in the playoffs because of a cold stretch at the end of the season. Played STACKHOUSE important minutes in the playoffs. Played STACKHOUSE over Marshon Brooks, who we should've been developing into our sixth man. We played Reggie Evans more minutes than he's ever played in his life. Every other coach realizes the damage of playing someone who can't score in anyway major minutes except for PJC. Meanwhile, we benched Humphries who could provide the same type of rebounding with MUCH better offense. We didn't play Blatche and Lopez together until extremely late in the season and barely used it throughout this series even though it was clear to everyone how the Bulls were defending Evans. Gerald Wallace didn't play more than a handful of minutes at the 4 when that's obviously his best position and would help spread the floor for us, PJC never even tried it in spurts. Never gave our overseas signing a chance, Mirza Teletovic would've provided the offensive punch we DESPERATELY needed at the 4, especially when Wallace was struggling.

Joe Johnson played terrible but this isn't on him. He's the 3rd option on our team and had a bad night. He's been bailing us out ALL year and I don't give a damn how much he gets paid. He's a damn good shooting guard who's going to age very well because of his style of play. We're going to be over the cap regardless and that money isn't coming out of my pocket, let him make 200 mil a year. As long as he helps us win, I'm fine with it.

I just want a competent head coach. Throughout the year, I figured out why Sprewell choked PJ Carlisimo back then. It's not because he's a tough coach or a guy that demands perfection. I wish that was the case. He choked him because he's a BSer. All year long he lied to the media, made terrible excuses for his decision, made stupid boneheaded mistakes, he really didn't care about the team - it was all an act. This is the same guy that played Kevin Durant at SG. This guy benched Brook Lopez in the 4th 3 times in a row until management had to tell him to stop. This guy hasn't said a word about stats ALL year. It's 2013. The NBA has evolved. You can't play a lineup with Reggie Evans and Gerald Wallace major minutes. You just can't.

OK, I feel better now.

Bulls deserve it though. They fought through a game 1 blowout, the media doubts, Rose distractions, injuries, sickness, losing their 2nd best player and in game 7, regardless of how badly we played - they came to fn play. They execute on offense and defense and force you to beat them instead of beating themselves. I could see them stealing 2 against Miami. Regardless of who they put on the floor.

You non-Net fans don't understand the damage PJ Carlisimo and Avery Johnson did this year. Take an AVERAGE coach and he adds a couple wins and we BREEZE by Chicago. I firmly believe that.

The team was playing 3 on 5 all year on offense. We didn't develop ANY of our young guys. Benched our best bench wing player in the playoffs because of a cold stretch at the end of the season. Played STACKHOUSE important minutes in the playoffs. Played STACKHOUSE over Marshon Brooks, who we should've been developing into our sixth man. We played Reggie Evans more minutes than he's ever played in his life. Every other coach realizes the damage of playing someone who can't score in anyway major minutes except for PJC. Meanwhile, we benched Humphries who could provide the same type of rebounding with MUCH better offense. We didn't play Blatche and Lopez together until extremely late in the season and barely used it throughout this series even though it was clear to everyone how the Bulls were defending Evans. Gerald Wallace didn't play more than a handful of minutes at the 4 when that's obviously his best position and would help spread the floor for us, PJC never even tried it in spurts. Never gave our overseas signing a chance, Mirza Teletovic would've provided the offensive punch we DESPERATELY needed at the 4, especially when Wallace was struggling.

Joe Johnson played terrible but this isn't on him. He's the 3rd option on our team and had a bad night. He's been bailing us out ALL year and I don't give a damn how much he gets paid. He's a damn good shooting guard who's going to age very well because of his style of play. We're going to be over the cap regardless and that money isn't coming out of my pocket, let him make 200 mil a year. As long as he helps us win, I'm fine with it.

I just want a competent head coach. Throughout the year, I figured out why Sprewell choked PJ Carlisimo back then. It's not because he's a tough coach or a guy that demands perfection. I wish that was the case. He choked him because he's a BSer. All year long he lied to the media, made terrible excuses for his decision, made stupid boneheaded mistakes, he really didn't care about the team - it was all an act. This is the same guy that played Kevin Durant at SG. This guy benched Brook Lopez in the 4th 3 times in a row until management had to tell him to stop. This guy hasn't said a word about stats ALL year. It's 2013. The NBA has evolved. You can't play a lineup with Reggie Evans and Gerald Wallace major minutes. You just can't.

OK, I feel better now.

Bulls deserve it though. They fought through a game 1 blowout, the media doubts, Rose distractions, injuries, sickness, losing their 2nd best player and in game 7, regardless of how badly we played - they came to fn play. They execute on offense and defense and force you to beat them instead of beating themselves. I could see them stealing 2 against Miami. Regardless of who they put on the floor.

Sorry. Not gonna read

OK, I feel better now.

This is the truth.

JJ cant be the third option getting paid all that doe :x

Brooks can get hot like any of them but yet no minutes, Reggie Evans who can barely make a layup is in the game :x

Stackhouse?

:x

PJ sorry you need to go, and they need to trade Wallace.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom