Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dirk did hit the jackpot in 2011, but at the same time he's always been way better and more efficient than Carmelo. Mav's were always in the hunt, always going deep in the playoffs, made two finals appearances. The Mavs/Dirk were due, it just came later than we thought.

Melo on the other hand, I don't think he can win a championship being the leading guy like Dirk was, even if everything were to go perfect. He can def get a ring being the second guy tho. Thats why it's such a tragedy that the Knicks gave up on Chris Paul after they used there amnesty to sign Tyson Chandler. My Knicks man :smh:

Speaking of the Mavs, do they hypothetically have enough cap space to land both Chris Paul & Dwight Howard this offseason?

Big Dog 2.0

Melo's peak is as a scoring guy, he's not going to give you anything else at this point. It's been 10 years since he entered, so it's unrealistic to expect him to morph into an all-world playmaker or defender or rebounder at this point, which is fine. The only problem is, he's getting paid like a guy who does all of the above.

Speaking of the Mavs, do they hypothetically have enough cap space to land both Chris Paul & Dwight Howard this offseason?

I think they do, most of the team was expiring contracts.

Healthy Dirk, healthy Dwight and CP3 would be fun. Plus Rick is a far better coach than Pringles and Del Negro.

theres only 1 or 2 guys in the league that do all the above
monta.gif

Cp3 gets a pass because he hasn't been on teams expected to do much besides this year, had a great coach, and he's hardly ever the reason his team loses

From Dallas Morning News today:

Dirk Nowitzki said he would be OK with taking a paycut next offseason if it helped the Mavs lure big-time free agents to Dallas this year.

Nowitzki also said he planned to be a part of the team's pitches to potential free agents, particularly Chris Paul and Dwight Howard. It's not exactly a surprising statement from an aging veteran who saw this year that he needs elite-level help to win another title. The Mavs have plenty of cap space already, but an extra bit from Dirk next summer could help the team round out roster in the long term and sell Paul or Howard on a four- or five-year plan.

If they could find someone to take Shawn Marion wirhout taking back any money yes its possible but it would be Chris,Dwight, Dirk, the rookies they drafted last year the rookies this year and minimum salary players.

Not as long as Lebron is in the Eastern Conference. Dirk had the oppurtunity to at least GET TO the finals. Long as Lebron is the same conference with Melo...Melo ain't going anywhere.

Man the East is only LeBron, Dirk went through the return of BRoy(I know he wasnt all that a the time), Kobe, and Kd, then finished it off with Bron and wade in the finals

tmac might get his moment this year :nerd:

he already has career highs in blks and assists in the second round

:lol: **** you

CP3/Harden/D12

would be :smokin

:D

Cp3 gets a pass because he hasn't been on teams expected to do much besides this year, had a great coach, and he's hardly ever the reason his team loses

And PG's as the #1 option hardly ever win a title anyway. Him on the knicks with melo or playing with kobe would've been a perfect fit.

CP3/Dirk/D12

would be :smokin

I agree and it makes me nervous. If Cuban can promise CP he can pull that off, I think he would pretty seriously consider leaving the Clippers. And I bet Barnes would follow him to Dallas and sign for the minimum or MLE. I like the CP/D12/Dirk combo better than I ever did the D12/Kobe/Nash pairing.

Players can't take paycuts.

Dirk is getting 20+ million next year no matter what.

Year after that though yeah it would be a good look.

I can see Dwight coming but not CP3

I agree and it makes me nervous. If Cuban can promise CP he can pull that off, I think he would pretty seriously consider leaving the Clippers. And I bet Barnes would follow him to Dallas and sign for the minimum or MLE. I like the CP/D12/Dirk combo better than I ever did the D12/Kobe/Nash pairing.

I thought Paul was pretty adamant about staying in Lob City but you never know.

Even with CP3, Dirk and Howard, who else do u really have cause the will have release Mayo. I don't see that working out at all.

A part of me is wondering if I should even waste time watching this Heat/Bulls game but I know as soon as they throw the jumpball my a** ain't changing the channel :lol:

Players can't take paycuts.

Dirk is getting 20+ million next year no matter what.

Year after that though yeah it would be a good look.

I can see Dwight coming but not CP3

They can't take payouts once they have a contract.

They're free-agents so they can elect to take less money to play together this summer

Two different things bruh. Def possible if Cuban does some great work.

I thought Paul was pretty adamant about staying in Lob City but you never know.

I sure haven't heard HIM say anything like that. All his public statements about the situation have been pretty non-committal. He's said things like, "what's not to like about LA," but is not on record anywhere, as far as I know, saying he's for sure staying. But I have seen articles saying that its 99% certain he's staying in LA based on comments from people "close to" CP. So, I don't consider it a done deal yet by any means.

I

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom