Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
^^ he didn't get the block the 2nd time

Pringles instead of Phil Jackson on the lakers is some of the best news i've heard in awhile. :pimp:

Last edited:
Damn i was hoping the lakers would be able to beat the heat.

Welp ..

This is pretty funny. They dont have the shooters for Dantoni. And his lack of attention to detail will be a big problem. You hated having an iso player like melo? Have fun with kobe. This dude did a terrible job for years and then gets the best open position in the league right after? Kind of ridiculous

But he still will be better than brown because now steve nash will be able to freelance.

Last edited:
Can someone PLEASE give me a quick scouting report on Chris Copeland. I am working on 2K13 rosters and I need some info on him. Thank you.

PRINGLES!

Y'all thought Ron was shooting 3's before?!?!?

LESSGETTIT!!! (c) Chief Keef

:rofl:

We just didnt hit shots

Give the bobcats credit, they hit more shots

Steve blake? Hahahhaaah who?

Lets go lets go lets go lets go lets go!

Dwight! Get behind the 3 point line!

Dont try to get a defensive rebound, just start running back for offense!

Lets go lets go lets go!

Okc on a 17-2 run? NO TIME OUT

Kobe. You are a decoy. Stay behind the 3 point line

Defense? Que?

Can someone PLEASE give me a quick scouting report on Chris Copeland. I am working on 2K13 rosters and I need some info on him. Thank you.

He isnt shy to shoot. Thats what sticks out the most. Everytime he gets in he looks to score. Hes aggressive. Very very raw. Seems good with free throws. Hes far down the bench

damn i kinda feel bad for what laker fans have to go through lol....offense will be great....but laker fans, if your team didn't win--it's because your "team didn't score more points" :smh:

That quote annoyed the hell out of me lol...

Feeling bad for Laker fans? For what? As much success as those dudes, that would be like somebody feeling bad for someone in the Top 1%. Forget those dudes.

Evans would be a good fit in Memphis... He's a versatile player & I think with a change of scenery & a new coach, he would really benefit.

:lol: at LA getting D'Antoni... That defense is gonna be :x Dwights gonna be putting in a lot of work every night.

Can't blame them though, while Phil would've been the best fit & his contract & request of missing games wasn't too out of the question, him having a say in major decisions was pushing it.

A league source indicated late Sunday night that Jackson was "stunned" when the Lakers called to inform him they had chosen D'Antoni. He had been prepared to accept the job Monday if negotiations between his agent and the Lakers went well. Jackson's agent Todd Musberger had been scheduled to fly in to Los Angeles on Monday

Jackson and the Lakers had never spoken about a salary, the source said, "but he knew coaches don't make what he used to make anymore."

Jackson, the source said, never intended to miss any more road games than he had in his previous stints with the Lakers.

"Phil would come back only to win and skipping games doesn't lead to winning," the source said

My uneducated guess is that the lakers used phil to give dantoni less money. And that jim buss never wanted him, ut wanted to embarrass phil by picking dantoni over him

Last edited:
Don't let these Knick fans convince Mike D'antoni is a terrible coach or something. He proved his defense performed well once he had the personnel and a defensive coordinator to help, the knicks defense was top 12 before Mike Woodson took over as coach. Him and Mark Ivaroni were able to get the 2006-07 suns to 13th overall defense ranking which is a significant over achievement based on the personnel.

The only thing mike does thats annoying is he only plays 8 guys most of the time.

Last edited:
It turned top 12 with Tyson chandler and iman shumpert on the team

lakers fans made fun of dantoni for years. Dont gotta convince them.

Maybe he wont be so stubborn. Maybe it works out. Who knows. But phil gives u better shot.

Last edited:
Heat must have partied too much last night. Or maybe they just felt bad and let them win. Only explanations.
they got out worked man come on....just like in 305. Give credit, the grizz match up well with the heat...........and we beat dat *** 8)

It turned top 12 with Tyson chandler and iman shumpert on the team
lakers fans made fun of dantoni for years. Dont gotta convince them.
Maybe he wont be so stubborn. Maybe it works out. Who knows. But phil gives u better shot.

Exactly, my point is the idea that Mike D'antoni teams are terrible defensively is not true even with Amare at C, the suns were neevr really worse that average to slightly below.

D'antoni is a good coach, don't be mad because the knicks had ****** players.

Exactly, my point is the idea that Mike D'antoni teams are terrible defensively is not true even with Amare at C, the suns were neevr really worse that average to slightly below.
D'antoni is a good coach, don't be mad because the knicks had ****** players.

Pretty much.

He was dealt an awful hand while with the Knicks. Not sure who could have thrived in that environment as a coach.

I watched him turn melo into a role player. It was tough. He will force his system regardless of the personnel. This lakers team cannot outrun OKC or the heat its physically impossible. They don't have the shooters for him.

My biggest problem is he refuses to make adjustments until you are in such a hole its hard to come out. And the lack of time outs. And the lack of accountability.

Hes not the worst coach ever. He wasnt in a great situation in new york. But i learned alot about him. He doesnt want to win, he wants to win HIS way. Watching his post game comments was infuriating

Last edited:
:lol: Melo DOGGED it bro. He even admitted that after D'Antoni was canned. Pringles is not w/o fault, but lets not pretend that he was the reason for Melo sucking.

Not diggin the move at all its basically the opposite of Mike Brown as a Offensive Guru with no defense smh with the Lakers office not giving Phil everything he demands, you want a chip give the Man what hes asking for i just dont understand the move.

I watched him turn melo into a role player. It was tough. He will force his system regardless of the personnel. This lakers team cannot outrun OKC or the heat its physically impossible. They don't have the shooters for him.
My biggest problem is he refuses to make adjustments until you are in such a hole its hard to come out. And the lack of time outs. And the lack of accountability.
Hes not the worst coach ever. He wasnt in a great situation in new york. But i learned alot about him. He doesnt want to win, he wants to win HIS way. Watching his post game comments was infuriating

The as I recall were winning some games, like 7 in a row when they got Jeremy Lin and went into full D'antoni ball running pick and roll with Chandler and having Novak drilling three's.

Also the concept that any human being let alone 70 year old Phil Jackson can be both coach and GM, is asinine to me, it's insane in football but also really dumb in basketball.

I wouldn't let Phil have final say on personnel either **** that and if because of that my consolation prize is Mike D'antoni I'm cool with that.

Last edited:
Of course melo is at fault too. He isnt a self motivator like kobe/lebron. Yet somehow woodson has him and JR playing D. dantoni had him parked by the 3 point line. Fields was more of a cog in the offense lol

Dantoni went on runs his whole new york career. Win 4 lose 3. Win 7 lose 5. It was commonplace.

He is very bad at communication. Which is phil's biggest strength

Osh back to your complaint he ran jeremy into the ground. What kind of coach stands up and says "i'm gonna ride him lime secretariat!". Who does that?!

Whos gonna be novak hitting 3's? Ron artest?

You got dwight and pau. You need to punish teams inside!

Much of this depends on nash's health. I just dont see how ghost am can run other teams out the building

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom