Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
:lol: at everyone being in unison that Pringles was a crap coach when he coached the Knicks but then when he goes to the Lakers it turns into "Yea he was bad because the Knicks were just bad. He'll be great in LA."

Ridiculous. We all know Dantoni can coach an offense but thats about it. Not even sure the pieces are right in LA for Dantoni to run his usual stuff. At least Pau will be happy to get some more looks from down town.

Last edited:
:lol: at on paper Mike D'antoni is a better fit for this team than Phil Jackson anyway.

With guys like Kobe, World Peace, and Howard all on the floor at the same time, they are going to be okay on defense anyway. If they are going to be bad on defense, it won't be because of the coaching.

With Dwight, Kobe, Pau, and Nash on the floor, dare I say it, offensively this may be the perfect fit for them. I love the move for L.A.

Phil would have been okay, however we don't know how he would have adjusted the triangle to fit Nash. No adjustment necessary with D'antoni's offense. Everyone fits it. It's just basketball. And with the offensive juggernauts that L.A. has, that's the perfect offense for them. They don't need a system like the triangle to be effective, just open sets and play basketball.

And as I said, if a team that has MWP, Kobe, Dwight, and Pau can't figure it out on the defensive end, that's on them not the coaching. Good move for L.A.

@KBergCBS Sixers put out yet another statement on Andrew Bynum's prognosis, saying he could return to basketball activities Dec. 10.
@KBergCBS Statement says Dec. 10 return for Bynum, "if current prognosis holds unchanged," would be followed by 1-4 weeks of practice/conditioning.
@KBergCBS That timetable could push Bynum's return to game action into January.

Last edited:
I think D'Antoni would be the PERFECT coach in Dallas. That Collinson/Mayo/Dirk PNR would be lethal

D'Antoni's defenses were average/ok, it's not like they were dead last every single year. The Knicks defense improved when he got Shump and Chandler... that's not really a surprise at all. Give him a healthy Dwight Howard and MWP and I like his chances. He can be stubborn, no denying that. And plenty question his adjustments while in New York.

I was never super pro-D'Antoni in New York, but I was more anti-everything else. He wasn't perfect, but he knew defense was an issue and made a defensive coach hire... the lineups changed constantly.. Melo was playing lazy (and you can blame Mike for that since they didn't mesh, but it's still our star being a bum) Knicks fans recognized it, but rarely said how our team doesn't fit well together but everything was D'Antoni's fault. 

The Lakers defense has been pretty average under Brown, I can't imagine it gets drastically worse with D'Antoni. And we know his offense is his strength. I'm not saying he's a better hire than Phil at all, but there aren't a TON of available coaches I'd feel passionately about instead of Mike. There's a reason he keeps getting jobs. Either he's a magician and tricks all these GMs and owners, or people have a reason to believe he's a good hire. (and no Dub, don't quote me and say he's a snake oil salesman)

Heat must have partied too much last night. Or maybe they just felt bad and let them win. Only explanations.
they got out worked man come on....just like in 305. Give credit, the grizz match up well with the heat...........and we beat dat ***
glasses.gif
You must be new around here.
laugh.gif

Welp at the D'Antoni hire.

How long before Fire Mike D'Antoni rhetoric starts?

Phil/Pop
Doc/Carlisle/Thibbs

Adlemann, sloan, SVg

Woodson, Nate mcmillen, brooks, george karl (very questionable playoff failure)

Last edited:
always been a fan of dantoni
Lakers fans spoiled with Phil, so anyone besides him would be letdown

You have Dwight, MWP, and Kobe.

That makes the defensive moves of a coach 20 times easier just by having those guys. Im sure the Lakers will be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom