Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do people claim that Kobe dimed Shaq out? Didn't he just mutter it to himself during the police interrogation and the transcript leaked out? People acting like Kobe went on national TV and said something...
laugh.gif
No he didn't. He said asked DIRECTLY to one of the cops if can he pay the girl off like Shaq does.

Either way it's ratting.
nah, he muttered he shouldve done what shaq does and pay these girls off. no reason to even drag shaq's name. then the cop followed up.
Exactly, what I mean. Shaq paying chicks off isn't a crime so who exactly did he rat out? I'm pretty sure he didn't say it with the intention of the cops running to Shaq's wife with that info
laugh.gif
you still don't throw that grown man name out because YOU got caught

**** was a ***** move...couldn't stand kobe for a while after that but I had to let it go to appreciate his game cause I knew he'd be gone soon

laugh.gif
@ the revisionist history with Kobe/Shaq.
It's not hard to figure it out. The 3 biggest markets in the US + 2nd most storied NBA franchise have valid reasons to hate LeBron. LA = paranoid. NY = scorned. Chicago and Boston = his annual playoff dumpster.
And maybe some of us just think he's a **** boy. Great player. But a **** boy nonetheless.

I find all that "quitter" stuff hilarious. I can respect players more for taking their careers into their own hands and taking a risk at something they feel will lead them to success/winning than continuing to show "loyalty" and languishing your great/prime years, then 5-6 years later when you're nearly broken down, the organization itself puts you out to pasture and moves on. Players have to know that when it all comes down to it, whether you're a star or the 15th guy just brought up from the D-League, you are 1 cog in a massive machine. And when people feel you're not useful and they don't need you anymore, they'll smile in your face and cut you loose like nothing. Just ask Peyton.

You're talking about manning right? The guy who ALREADY brought his team a ship? And he was still pretty useful with another team.

If you're talking about GP then :stoneface:

Seems like you selected a fraction of the entire post to speak on, thus missing the entire point. Yes, I was talking about Peyton Manning. Him already winning a ring is irrelevant towards every single thing I mentioned. Peyton is a star, yet his organization presumed him useless, dumped him and moved on. That can happen to anybody.

His organization didnt "presume him useless" They just found a replacement. If there was no Andrew luck or rg3 Manning would still be in a colt uniform, aint like they left him out to dry. He was the biggest free agent of the last 10 years in any sport minus lebron

i think you missed the entire point. anyone is expendable. organizations don't have any loyalty to players, but players are expected to be loyal to organizations

Rockets already clearing cap space:

Rockets will:
Not pick up Delfino's $3m team option
Not pick up Brook's $2.5m team option
Not pick up Garcia's $6.4m team option

I find all that "quitter" stuff hilarious. I can respect players more for taking their careers into their own hands and taking a risk at something they feel will lead them to success/winning than continuing to show "loyalty" and languishing your great/prime years, then 5-6 years later when you're nearly broken down, the organization itself puts you out to pasture and moves on. Players have to know that when it all comes down to it, whether you're a star or the 15th guy just brought up from the D-League, you are 1 cog in a massive machine. And when people feel you're not useful and they don't need you anymore, they'll smile in your face and cut you loose like nothing. Just ask Peyton.

You're talking about manning right? The guy who ALREADY brought his team a ship? And he was still pretty useful with another team.

Seems like you selected a fraction of the entire post to speak on, thus missing the entire point. Yes, I was talking about Peyton Manning. Him already winning a ring is irrelevant towards every single thing I mentioned. Peyton is a star, yet his organization presumed him useless, dumped him and moved on. That can happen to anybody.

His organization didnt "presume him useless" They just found a replacement. If there was no Andrew luck or rg3 Manning would still be in a colt uniform, aint like they left him out to dry. He was the biggest free agent of the last 10 years in any sport minus lebron

i think you missed the entire point. anyone is expendable. organizations don't have any loyalty to players, but players are expected to be loyal to organizations

Why do people claim that Kobe dimed Shaq out? Didn't he just mutter it to himself during the police interrogation and the transcript leaked out? People acting like Kobe went on national TV and said something...:lol:

No he didn't. He said asked DIRECTLY to one of the cops if can he pay the girl off like Shaq does.

Either way it's ratting.

nah, he muttered he shouldve done what shaq does and pay these girls off. no reason to even drag shaq's name. then the cop followed up.

Exactly, what I mean. Shaq paying chicks off isn't a crime so who exactly did he rat out? I'm pretty sure he didn't say it with the intention of the cops running to Shaq's wife with that info :lol:
you still don't throw that grown man name out because YOU got caught

**** was a ***** move...couldn't stand kobe for a while after that but I had to let it go to appreciate his game cause I knew he'd be gone soon

More plz I think there's more to the story though

Rockets already clearing cap space:

Rockets will:
Not pick up Delfino's $3m team option
Not pick up Brook's $2.5m team option
Not pick up Garcia's $6.4m team option

rockets stay doing that. morey just hoping to land a big name. been like that for awhile. think they go after dwight and pau.
for some reason, i think dwight is going to dallas. his team in a couple yrs, no real immediate pressure

More plz I think there's more to the story though

Here's Shaq, on the Kobe feud from his book:

So I'm on edge because I don't have a new deal, and Kobe is on edge because he might be going to jail, so we're taking it out on each other. Just before the start of the '03-'04 season the coaching staff called us in and said, "No more public sparring or you'll get fined." ... Phil was tired of it. Karl Malone and Gary Payton were sick of it. ... So what happens? Immediately after that Kobe runs right out to Jim Gray and does this interview where he lets me have it. He said I was fat and out of shape. He said I was milking my toe injury for more time off, and the injury wasn't even that serious. (Yeah, right. It only ended my damn career.) He said I was "lobbying for a contract extension when we have two Hall of Famers playing pretty much for free." I'm sitting there watching this interview and I'm gonna explode. Hours earlier we had just promised our coach we'd stop. It was a truce broken. I let the guys know, "I'm going to kill him."
Kobe stands up and goes face-to-face with me and says, "You always said you're my big brother, you'd do anything for me, and then this Colorado thing happens and you never even called me." I did call him. ... So here we are now, and we find out he really was hurt that we didn't stand behind him. That was something new. I didn't think he gave a rat's *** about us either way. "Well, I thought you'd publicly support me, at least," Kobe said. "You're supposed to be my friend."

Brian Shaw chimed in with "Kobe, why would you think that? Shaq had all these parties and you never showed up for any of them. We invited you to dinner on the road and you didn't come. Shaq invited you to his wedding and you weren't there. Then you got married and didn't invite any of us. And now you are in the middle of this problem, this sensitive situation, and now you want all of us to step up for you. We don't even know you." ...
Everyone was starting to calm down when I told Kobe, "If you ever say anything like what you said to Jim Gray ever again, I will kill you."

Kobe shrugged and said, "Whatever."
[...]
From that day on, I was done dealing with Kobe. I was done dealing with Jim Gray, too. What goes around, comes around. When he got fired, he actually had the nerve to call me and ask me to help him out. What, did you lose Kobe's number?

Last edited:

^^^ lmao at shaq milking his toe injury. Ok so Kobe can't hold water, still the second best SG of all time..... But kobe coulda at least cheated with a better looking chick I mean Vanessa Bryant is :wow:

I guess sometimes you get sick of steak and just want a hamburger

Why you gotta bring up donovan :frown:

Anyways, the point is, plenty of organizations have been loyal to their players. LeBron quit on Cleveland. Cleveland didnt quit on LeBron

you're still missing the point :lol:

cleveland didn't do anything to reward him. they never surrounded him with sufficient talent to win a championship. he was carrying the entire franchise. why you think the franchise went back to being a laughing stock when he left?

I honestly think Kobe and Shaq were responsible for the split.

One time I was watching something on the situation. And it was showing how when Kobe first came into the league Shaq really wasn't the leader he could have been. They even showed clips of Kobe doing interviews and Shaq walking past yelling "superstar" and other stuff. Really came off like Shaq was hating.

And let's not act like Shaq was/is the most mature dude. I mean even on TNT when he first got there he seemed like he was trying to put the spotlight on him. When him and Chuck get into it it always seems he can get a little personal.

I honestly think a 17 year old "hot shot" kid got drafted and Shaq didn't want to share the spotlight. That's we're the trouble began. Why go to dinner and weddings for a dude that's always cracking jokes about you?

And I think we all pretty much know Kobe didn't grow up like a lot if us grew up. He was just a different dude.

cleveland didn't do anything to reward him. they never surrounded him with sufficient talent to win a championship. he was carrying the entire franchise. why you think the franchise went back to being a laughing stock when he left?

Because in basketball, when the MVP leaves a team, and that team gets nothing in return, that team is going to burn to the ground the next year. He couldnt have told Cle, "hey if you dont get me more talent im out." Imagine what cleveland could have gotten for lebron :x

Lebron didnt quit on cleveland, dan gilbert didnt wanna win as bad as him, he was satisfied with cleveland just being relevant.

As soon as the boston big 3 was formed, dan shouldve been on the phone trying to make moves, mo will, ben wallace, jamison, washed up shaq is the best you can do

Because they got of rid of their GM and head coach shortly after elimination, and because LeBron dragged out the decision well into free agency they weren't able to spend money to nab anyone relevant. And with no one willing to commit because LeBron didn't sign an extension novody would. Same reason MWP signed with LAL in '09 instead. Come on man, be smart.

Larry Hughes averaged 22 and 18.8 his last two years in WAS. To say he wasn't real talent and irrelevant to the wizards success is revisionist history.

Because in basketball, when the MVP leaves a team, and that team gets nothing in return, that team is going to burn to the ground the next year. He couldnt have told Cle, "hey if you dont get me more talent im out." Imagine what cleveland could have gotten for lebron :x

i mean, they had 7 years with him. you don't think that's enough time to try and surround him with talent? they wouldn't send jj hickson to get amare. cmon man.

Lebron didnt quit on cleveland, dan gilbert didnt wanna win as bad as him, he was satisfied with cleveland just being relevant.

As soon as the boston big 3 was formed, dan shouldve been on the phone trying to make moves, mo will, ben wallace, jamison, washed up shaq is the best you can do

So its not considered quitting because the manager "didnt want to win as bad as him" ? :lol:

I'm just laughing at all these weak *** reasons ya'll hate dudes.

"Kobe got Shaq traded" Both of 'em hated each other and he won 2 rings w/o him. They made the right choice.

"Lebron did The Decision" That was a mistake but If you're not from Cleveland you really shouldn't have cared.

Move the **** on.

at the end of the day, he spent 7 years playing for a franchise that was content with him carrying them, and not actively trying to add pieces to build a championship contender, especially when boston was. he didn't have faith in them to sign FA's complimentary to the team, or them to make trades to make the team better and he left to play with a team that could offer that. i'll never be upset at someone who tries to further their success in their career.

I'm just laughing at all these weak *** reasons ya'll hate dudes.

"Kobe got Shaq traded" Both of 'em hated each other and he won 2 rings w/o him. They made the right choice.

Move the **** on.

it's not only that i dislike him for getting shaq traded. it's that he had them do that, and within 2 years was so upset by the team not performing (because they had no one else) that he was demanding trades everyday lol

that and after he got the 5th ring i think, when they asked him about it the first thing he said was "i've got one more than shaq". mad petty :smh:

Last edited:
Because they got of rid of their GM and head coach shortly after elimination, and because LeBron dragged out the decision well into free agency they weren't able to spend money to nab anyone relevant. And with no one willing to commit because LeBron didn't sign an extension novody would. Same reason MWP signed with LAL in '09 instead. Come on man, be smart.

Larry Hughes averaged 22 and 18.8 his last two years in WAS. To say he wasn't real talent and irrelevant to the wizards success is revisionist history.

Lol so you wait until your best player hits free agency to wanna get talent, miss me with that

In 7 years he had 2 all star teammates big z(05) and mo(09) barely because jameer got hurt smh they were just happy to finally have a superstar player on that team

Larry hughes? Id rather have jr smith than cleveland larry hughes

So its not considered quitting because the manager "didnt want to win as bad as him" ? :lol:

What you want him to do, be a loyal loser lmao

at the end of the day, he spent 7 years playing for a franchise that was content with him carrying them, and not actively trying to add pieces to build a championship contender, especially when boston was. he didn't have faith in them to sign FA's complimentary to the team, or them to make trades to make the team better and he left to play with a team that could offer that. i'll never be upset at someone who tries to further their success in their career.

Well then why not tell them that? Give them warning? Nope, he quit on them and left that team to burn to the ground. He left to a team that could offer him an easy rode to a ship, and even then he still blew it away his first year.

Lol so you wait until your best player hits free agency to wanna get talent, miss me with that

In 7 years he had 2 all star teammates big z(05) and mo(09) barely because jameer got hurt smh they were just happy to finally have a superstar player on that team

Larry hughes? Id rather have jr smith than cleveland larry hughes

What you want him to do, be a loyal loser lmao

Nobody is going to sign with Cle when their star wont commit, he promised them a championship and left before he got it, that is quitting. Dont make a promise to a city that you wont keep.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom