Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think LeBron is more of a treat to see in person. When you're there, it doesn't even seem like he is doing much or trying hard, then you get home and watch the highlights and realize he had 35, 12, and 9 and it's like, "damn he did all that?" then every play it shows you nod your head like, oh that's right, remember that one and if you had good enough seats trying to find yourself in the highlights and photos.

Funny thing is the Lakers can't tank even if they wanted to because the 2013 first round pick belongs to the Suns.

Kevin Love continues to vent and put T'Wolves owner & GM on BLAST:

Kevin Love Unhappy With Treatment from Minnesota Timberwolves Management

Minnesota Timberwolves superstar forward Kevin Love has never been shy about voicing his displeasure. Armed with a new contract (not quite the 5 years and $80 million he coveted, but $62 million over 4 years), and a positive outlook on his team’s chances, it seemed like Love would be happy this season. He continues to harbor resentment about the way he’s been treated by the front-office in Minny, and it will be very interesting come 2015 when he can opt-out of his current deal. Per Yahoo! Sports: “I don’t know who labels people stars, but even [T'wolves owner] Glen Taylor said: I don’t think Kevin Love is a star, because he hasn’t led us to the playoffs,’ Love said. ‘I mean, it’s not like I had much support out there. That’s a tough pill to swallow.’ Kevin Love isn’t over Taylor and GM David Kahn refusing him what he had earned. He isn’t over Kahn marching into the trainer’s room after a loss and thrusting a contract offer sheet into his hands. Where else does it work that way in the NBA? ‘I’m not the one to always follow professional protocol – but I do know what it is, even at 24 years old,’ Love says. Perhaps those issues wouldn’t still be so raw had the franchise responded differently when Love broke his hand in a preseason workout. In a regimen he’s done most of his life, Love fractured a bone thrusting himself to his feet upon completion of a round of knuckle pushups. He missed a month on the floor, but his ears missed nothing from those in management whispering that maybe the injury didn’t happen the way Love insisted it did. ‘Even people in my own organization were asking if it was a legitimate injury, people calling my honesty and integrity into question,’ Love says. ‘And that’s what really hurt me.’ [...] As much as Love believes strongly in the greatness of coach Rick Adelman, Kahn has offered no reason for faith in his own wayward vision. ‘You walk into the locker room every year, and it’s completely turned over,’ Love says. ‘There’s new guys everywhere. And then it happens again and again. You start to wonder: Is there really a plan here? Is there really any kind of a … plan?’ [...] In the end, Love never wants to feel like he’s pitted against young point guard Ricky Rubio, because he adores him as a teammate and a talent. Yet, the reality is unmistakable: For all of Kahn’s missed picks, failed signings and flawed trades, Rubio is the player whom the GM can take full credit. Someday, Kahn wants Rubio to be his five-year, max-out star, but will Rubio want to stay in Minnesota should Love walk out the door? ‘It was a projection over a sure thing,’ Love says. ‘There’s no question there was an agenda here. A different agenda … I have a very, very good memory, and I always remember the people who have done right by me, and the people who have done wrong by me,’ he says. ‘It will be embedded in my brain, and something I won’t forget about. There’s no telling what will happen. I would love to compete for a championship in Minnesota, but …’ Between now and his 2015 opt-out, Love wants to be clear: Around him, he doesn’t want merely a playoff team. He wants a team that contends. ‘And that’s on me to do my part, to get us there,’ but the organization has lost the benefit of the doubt with Love. When it’s time for every franchise in the NBA to clear cap space and try to sign him, Love simply understands: ‘I’ll have the leverage.’”

Link:

http://www.slamonline.com/online/nb...tment-from-minnesota-timberwolves-management/

T'Wolves fans good luck trying to convince him to stay in Minnesota.

It's going to be KG 2.0 situation all over again.

Last edited:
I think LeBron is more of a treat to see in person. When you're there, it doesn't even seem like he is doing much or trying hard, then you get home and watch the highlights and realize he had 35, 12, and 9 and it's like, "damn he did all that?" then every play it shows you nod your head like, oh that's right, remember that one and if you had good enough seats trying to find yourself in the highlights and photos.
Exactly how I felt about Kobe and Kyrie tonight...I got in the car and got an update from my ESPN app..and thought "Damn Kobe had 42 and Kyrie had 28/6/11!? But I gotta be honest, one of the spots at the Q had this awesome dude selling me beers, so a couple Great Lakes Christmas Ales, Thirsty Dog 12 Dogs of Christmas, a few Dortmunder Gold's and like 4 Well's Banana Bread Beers (and I hate banana) and I was feeling super good lol. I'm mad at myself for not catching more of Lebron when he was here..luckily being from the area I got to catch a few of his high school and pro games, but even being the biggest Kobe homer around, Lebron is one of the most awe inspiring people I've ever had the pleasure of seeing dribble a basketball.

Funny thing is the Lakers can't tank even if they wanted to because the 2013 first round pick belongs to the Suns.

theres nothing even worth tanking for to begin with. I feel bad for who ever wins the lottery this year :x :x :x :x :x

roll.gif
roll.gif
swear this is my personal gif of the year......hilarious 
laugh.gif

Wow, that post game video with Kobe - he sort of sounds broken, never really see that from him.

The more this continues the more and more Dwight Howard is going to want to leave in FA. Dwight is not mentally tough enough to deal with this.

Have two head coaches been fired by the same team in the same season before? Looks like we're headed that way unless LA financially can't afford to do so

Did anyone really think Kevin Love was staying in Minnesota (besides their fans) anyway? 

I say he forces their hand either next year or before 14-15 is up.

Boozer :rofl: :rofl:

D'Antoni :rofl: :rofl:

:smh: at the Kevin Love situation in Minny. With the way things are being handled, its gonna take a lot to convince him to come back.

Cause Laker fans

:rofl:

Look at Kevin Love, putting the organization on blast. The only thing I'm wondering is why he call the team out about having new faces all around, when Love didn't think he had a good enough supporting cast last season? Minnesota does not have good personel, but they did pretty good in trying to put talent around Love this season. It would've been even better if they got Batum, even though AK-47 is doing well.

Getting Brandon Roy was a waste, though. I figured that wouldn't last. They kept Rubio, Love and Pek and were able to fix one of their problems at SF. S is still an issue. I guess its safe to say Love will be out within two seasons max.

The Washington Wizards declined a trade with the Oklahoma City Thunder for James Harden, according to multiple people with knowledge of the proposed deal.

Wizards' owner Ted Leonsis was unwilling to commit to an $80 million max contract offer over five seasons to Harden.

Bradley Beal and Chris Singleton would have been traded to the Thunder in return for Harden, according to sources.

Harden was ultimately traded by Oklahoma City to the Rockets.

One Wizards official denied that Oklahoma City had offered Harden in exchange for Beal and Singleton, stating that the Thunder was also seeking an established player — which the Wizards didn’t have — in return.

“That’s not true,” the official said about the proposed deal.

I guess we all kinda knew about this around draft time. I'm sure OKC did want a more established player in that deal. :x if they could've got Nene and sent Perkins packing.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom