Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm convinced the only reason Brian Shaw isn't coaching the Lakers is because they didnt want to bring in another black face

I'm convinced the only reason Brian Shaw isn't coaching the Lakers is because they didnt want to bring in another black face
....or because Young Buss is trying to run a completely different regime than his dad...which is also the reason Phil Jackson wasn't bought back either.

Pretty clear he wanted nothing to do with Phil or his understudy.

Stop, the Lakers are not going to fire D'Antoni. Not happening.

Laker fans sound crazy right now.

I'm referring to before they even hired D'Antoni. Shaw said he didnt even get a call from the Lakers. If you want Phil Jackson, and you cant have him, why not get the next best thing. A long time Phil Jackson assistant, and the man who is widely accepted as the best assistant coach in the league

Can a coach leave another teams staff during the season?

I could have sworn Brian shaw sits on the pacers bench. How do the lakers acquire on coach in a trade when they have no more assets?

Both the Wizards and Lakers are 3-7 in their last 10 games. Ha.

The Wizards have the same or a better record in the last 10 games as:

-Lakers
-Hornets
-Cavs
-Raptors
-Bobcats
-Suns

Wow.

I could have sworn Brian shaw sits on the pacers bench. How do the lakers acquire on coach in a trade when they have no more assets?

Trust me, losing that dude is the last thing I want for our team, I actually expect him to be the head coach next season. But I'm pretty sure you're right though, he cant negotiate with another team during the season

T'Wolves fans good luck trying to convince him to stay in Minnesota.

It's going to be KG 2.0 situation all over again.

As a Wolves fan I'm not currently worried one bit.

Obviously not ideal comments though, but he can deal with the media hounding him now about it for the next week hope he has fun with it.

i'm not convinced the Lakers would be doing better with Phil, it's not like Phil can magically make Dwight hit free throws and they have been in the league long enough to know how to play defense. 

Stop, the Lakers are not going to fire D'Antoni. Not happening.

Laker fans sound crazy right now.
I'm referring to before they even hired D'Antoni. Shaw said he didnt even get a call from the Lakers. If you want Phil Jackson, and you cant have him, why not get the next best thing. A long time Phil Jackson assistant, and the man who is widely accepted as the best assistant coach in the league
If I was Brian Shaw I wouldnt even take the Laker job at this point. They've snubbed him too many times now when he clearly should have been the man for the job after Phils Depature.

i'm not convinced the Lakers would be doing better with Phil, it's not like Phil can magically make Dwight hit free throws and they have been in the league long enough to know how to play defense. 
Why go out of your way to NOT hire the winningest coach of all time though (rings)

jordan and shaq and kobe didnt win **** until phil came in.

yes he do got that magic

he can manage egos

shaq couldnt hit free throws either. dwight aint shaq but the lakers didnt have pau gasol either

not saying its all about egos because that defense gotta be the worst in the league but anyone could do better than antoni

and dont give me that ********t about well why did the mavs sweep them then if hes so great. that team was dead tired. 3 straight finals appearances and the olympics. plus pau was acting like a little ***** because shannon brown banged his girl.ever since pau aint been the same

shoulda just stuck with bernie if they were just gonna try to play phil and hire that scrub antoni

the busses are full of themselves right now. delonte should have done been signed

this all could have been avoided if they just signed rick adelman like they were supposed to before they hired potatohead. but they were trying to be cheap and not pay adelman what he wanted because at the time for some odd reason they were trying to cut payroll. now look what they done did. 32 million on two assistant coaches.... smh wasted more money than if they hired adelman! i swear this is just so laughable... :lol:

Last edited:
indifferent.gif

He wasn't considered because he was from the Phil regime which Jim Buss doesn't want in the current Lakers organization.

If the Pacers gave permission, then yes Brian Shaw could have left.

Lionel Hollins was on the Bucks's staff before he got the Grizz job in January of 2009.

Last edited:
Brain Shaw and Phil are probably sitting back laughing at Jim Buss right now. You go from a coach that doesn't know **** about offense to a coach that doesn't know **** about defense.

Last edited:
After watching some of Kyrie Irving last night I'm fully convinced LeBron James is going back to Cleveland in 2014.

He knew what was about to happen

"It's still not time to panic guys!"

"We only have Kobe Bryant and Dwight ******g Howard, Cavs we're stacked with CJ Miles, Alonzo Gee, and that Varejao."

"Steve Nash would have shut down Kyrie Irving"

just curious as to why u hate the lakers?
Cause Laker fans

I needed these laughs :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

& flake DID flop its what he does

This is hilarious, hes gotta be ashamed of himself right now
After watching some of Kyrie Irving last night I'm fully convinced LeBron James is going back to Cleveland in 2014.
I cant wait until its time to have some serious conversations about this. The way its looking, even if the Heat repeat this year, LeBron is going to stay. Theres no point he will be playing with a deteriorated Wade if Wade lasts that long and Chris Bosh as talented as he is, cant be his right hand man. For some reason all signs point to LA for me right now, but I would love to see him go back to Cleveland at some point. Doubt the fans would want him back though and wouldnt accept him even if he wins. That hate is too strong.

Edit:

The Spurs play tomorrow on TNT versus the Blazers. It'll be their third game (Jazz tonight, Raptors on Monday). Watch accordingly. :lol:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom