Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
but the SPURS took the L..........If they would have won.......:\

oh well 2 days rest then back at it vs the hornets on Friday.

Last edited:
What's the focus on this arbitrary amount of shots for Dwight? Considering he's lead the league in free throw attempts four times, it's safe to assume if he wasn't fouled so heavily, his FGAs would go up.

When he's taken 20 or more FGA, Dwight is 10-8. If we want to pick another number, when he's taken 18 or more FGAs, he's 24-26. When he's taken 16 or more FGAs, he's 50-48. Obviously win-loss record isn't a direct reflection of the success of high shot attempts, but having Dwight put up a lot of shots doesn't automatically translate into a win.

I've watched enough of Dwight over the years... force feeding him the ball isn't going to give you 30 points on a nightly basis. He simply isn't consistent enough, between robotic post moves, not being strong enough to back down his opponents, and not sticking to the moves that do work.. you don't want him chucking shots just to do it. Getting him going early to force double teams is obviously a great idea, but to say "just get him X amount of shots per game" is silly.

He is who he is. 

Exactly,

People think giving x amount of touch to Dwight will get him 30+ points. Not. This dude has like 1 move under the rim. By the time the double come. He already wasted like 9 seconds off the shot clock. 

The last real center in the NBA who scores the basket in the post by backing down his defender was Shaq and he wasn't even that good skillwise. It was all sheer brute force.

Today mediocre center like Dwight Howard, Bynum, Chandler, Hibbert, etc are hyped up because the centers in today game are garbiogo

Hakeem would eat Dwight Howard alive.
The disrespect.
This... cmon son. Shaq had the perfect combination of power and finesse
shaq had great footwork

The disrespect.
Not disrespecting Shaq bro. I said Shaq was the last good center. I already gave him credit but he's not touching Hakeem in term of post move skills. Hakeem was known for his excellent footwork. He also got the pump fake, pivot, pump fake again move that got so many guy up in the air.

Shaq relied heavily on sheer force to over power his defenders where as Hakeem relied on real skills.

It was also fortunate for Shaq to be defended by smaller and inferior centers like Rik Smith, Austin Croshere, Vlade Divac, old Mutumbo, Todd Mcculloch, Jason Collins, Sabonis, etc

The disrespect.
Not disrespecting Shaq bro. I said Shaq was the last good center. I already gave him credit but he's not touching Hakeem in term of post move skills. Hakeem was known for his excellent footwork. He also got the pump fake, pivot, pump fake again move that got so many guy up in the air.

Shaq relied heavily on sheer force to over power his defenders where as Hakeem relied on real skills.

It was also fortunate for Shaq to be defended by smaller and inferior centers like Rik Smith, Austin Croshere, Vlade Divac, old Mutumbo, Todd Mcculloch, Jason Collins, Sabonis, etc

Dale Davis was the Pacers center over those years. Atleast until after the season when they saw the Lakers in the Finals

on another note....Udonis Haslem...wtf were YOU doing tonight?

0 points, 0 rebounds, 0 steals, 0 blocks, 1 assist in 18 minutes of play :x

I been watching a lot of 60s NBA ball on YouTube and I honesty believe Wilt and Russell would have dominated today's NBA.
The big men this era.
mean.gif

60s NBA ball was great. Would have love to see that live.
Who the hell want to see a bunch of white dudes in mini shorts?

Unless you want to see 7 feet center dominating 6'6 centers.

Dale Davis was the Pacers center over those years. Atleast until after the season when they saw the Lakers in the Finals
0 points, 0 rebounds, 0 steals, 0 blocks, 1 assist in 18 minutes of play
sick.gif
Yea i forgot to add Dale Davis. Still. That dude was small for Shaq. Rik Smith, Dale Davis was no match for Shaq

The disrespect.

He & Chris Bosh had zero defensive rebounds in that game....

And they still won by double digits.

Must be nice to have Bron & Wade

Yea i forgot to add Dale Davis. Still. That dude was small for Shaq. Rik Smith, Dale Davis was no match for Shaq
LEAVE DALE DAVIS ALONE!!!

I still remember in the 4th grade when he signed a basketball card for me :smile:

Last edited by a moderator:

Dale was 6'11, 230. Not thats small, but he did get DOMINATED by Shaq, who I believe led the game in scoring every game of the series :smh: But I figure Shaq would do that to most guys, regardless of era.

The disrespect.

He & Chris Bosh had zero defensive rebounds in that game....

And they still won by double digits.

Must be nice to have Bron & Wade

Yeah, I mean I'm not a Lebron fan AT ALL, and I cant stand Wade...but I know Bron has to get really frustrated out there.

I also think both the Heat and Bosh would be better off if they parted ways. Bosh is still a good, and very productive player, if they can flip him into an athletic, competent center, the Heat would be really scary.

I also think Bosh is better as the #1 or #2 guy, and his style of play will really help him continue to be effective as he gets older. I think he would be a PERFECT fit for the Lakers....or package him to the Cavs with the Heat getting Varjaeo in return.

if only there was a chance my team could make a splash :smh:

I have no shame in admitting that Dale Davis was my favorite player growing up :lol:

I have no shame in admitting that Dale Davis was my favorite player growing up :lol:

Mine was Antoine Carr for a pretty good portion of my childhood. I even had a theory that he was better than Jordan. I HATED Jordan.

But for atleast the last 16 years its been Reggie Miller

Mine was Antoine Carr for a pretty good portion of my childhood. I even had a theory that he was better than Jordan. I HATED Jordan.

I hated Jordan too when I was just starting to get into basketball and growing up in Indiana. Why Antoine Carr and not a Pacer?? Reggie was tight, but everyone at school rode him hard... and since I was bigger than everybody when I was young I decided I'd like a big man :lol: I miss those Pacers teams :frown:

Bosh is as critical to spacing the floor on offense as much as anyone. You don't have to respect any of our other big mens shots. Bosh can draw out the best opposing big guarding him and free up the lane a bit for Bron or Wade to create.

Look at the Heat after he came back in the playoffs last yr, we lost the first game where he barely played and the opener against OKC. They are a better team with him on the floor.

With that being said Minnesota killed us on the boards. Kevin Love had like 9 in the 1st quarter :x

I hated Jordan too when I was just starting to get into basketball and growing up in Indiana. Why Antoine Carr and not a Pacer?? Reggie was tight, but everyone at school rode him hard... and since I was bigger than everybody when I was young I decided I'd like a big man :lol: I miss those Pacers teams :frown:

When I was really little, I was split between the Pacers and Jazz. I just really liked whoever I thought had a chance to beat the Bulls that season, plus I loved watching Stockton and Malone. As I grew up, I just gravitated to the Pacers more

DMC sort of reminds me of Sheed or Artest..... idiots on the court, but genuine nice dudes off court

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom