Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
how henderson miss that putback layup???
coulda just came down and went up and dunked it :smh:

Horrible shot selection by Kobe :smh: dude does not trust his teammates anymore. No way a player with faith in his team takes a shot with three men around him. That just SOUNDS goofy. I only want him taking that if the game is on the line.

You a kobe fan 1st.....laker fan second.

Remembers you downplaying David Robinson, Tony Parker, Manu Ginobli, Greg Popovich in order to make Tim Duncan look better...

One would be astute to say You are a Tim Duncan fan 1st... Spurs fan 2nd.

And saying Dwight despite being the best center in the league, doesn't deserve 20 shots a game is proof of anything to you (which anyone worth half their weight in basketball knowledge would tell you)

It's amazing sometimes the things I read from you.

Last edited:
What's the focus on this arbitrary amount of shots for Dwight? Considering he's lead the league in free throw attempts four times, it's safe to assume if he wasn't fouled so heavily, his FGAs would go up.

When he's taken 20 or more FGA, Dwight is 10-8. If we want to pick another number, when he's taken 18 or more FGAs, he's 24-26. When he's taken 16 or more FGAs, he's 50-48. Obviously win-loss record isn't a direct reflection of the success of high shot attempts, but having Dwight put up a lot of shots doesn't automatically translate into a win.

I've watched enough of Dwight over the years... force feeding him the ball isn't going to give you 30 points on a nightly basis. He simply isn't consistent enough, between robotic post moves, not being strong enough to back down his opponents, and not sticking to the moves that do work.. you don't want him chucking shots just to do it. Getting him going early to force double teams is obviously a great idea, but to say "just get him X amount of shots per game" is silly.

He is who he is. 

What's the focus on this arbitrary amount of shots for Dwight? Considering he's lead the league in free throw attempts four times, it's safe to assume if he wasn't fouled so heavily, his FGAs would go up.

When he's taken 20 or more FGA, Dwight is 10-8. If we want to pick another number, when he's taken 18 or more FGAs, he's 24-26. When he's taken 16 or more FGAs, he's 50-48. Obviously win-loss record isn't a direct reflection of the success of high shot attempts, but having Dwight put up a lot of shots doesn't automatically translate into a win.

I've watched enough of Dwight over the years... force feeding him the ball isn't going to give you 30 points on a nightly basis. He simply isn't consistent enough, between robotic post moves, not being strong enough to back down his opponents, and not sticking to the moves that do work.. you don't want him chucking shots just to do it. Getting him going early to force double teams is obviously a great idea, but to say "just get him X amount of shots per game" is silly.

He is who he is. 

He is who he is. 

I agree with what you posted..

And I'm not advocating for some sort of shot limit... But like you posted in the second sentence.. 20 shots + FTs would be a Usage % that would have to be high 30s.

And for the reasons you laid out. There is plenty of reason why he shouldn't. Of course the number thing gets to a silly point. But it is the only way to concretely talk about it in that sense. And considering it started with someone discussing how many shots Dwight has, which he has done each of the last 5 Lakers games.

He is who he is. 

I agree with what you posted..

And I'm not advocating for some sort of shot limit... But like you posted in the second sentence, and I'm going to expand on a bit.. 20 shots + FTs would probably end up with an absurd Usage %

And for the reasons you laid out. There is plenty of reason why he shouldn't. Of course the number thing gets to a silly point. But it is the only way to concretely talk about it in that sense. And considering it started with someone discussing how many shots Dwight has, which he has done each of the last 5 Lakers games.

Last edited:

He is who he is. 
Exactly,

People think giving x amount of touch to Dwight will get him 30+ points. Not. This dude has like 1 move under the rim. By the time the double come. He already wasted like 9 seconds off the shot clock. 

The last real center in the NBA who scores the basket in the post by backing down his defender was Shaq and he wasn't even that good skillwise. It was all sheer brute force.

Today mediocre center like Dwight Howard, Bynum, Chandler, Hibbert, etc are hyped up because the centers in today game are garbiogo

Hakeem would eat Dwight Howard alive.

You a kobe fan 1st.....laker fan second.

Remembers you downplaying David Robinson, Tony Parker, Manu Ginobli, Greg Popovich in order to make Tim Duncan look better...

One would be astute to say You are a Tim Duncan fan 1st... Spurs fan 2nd.

And saying Dwight despite being the best center in the league, doesn't deserve 20 shots a game is proof of anything to you (which anyone worth half their weight in basketball knowledge would tell you)

It's amazing sometimes the things I read from you.

How many rings did 50 get before TD?

Who were manu and Parker before Duncan?

\www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9yA9srab0k

Not downplaying yeah they were good but TD made his teammates better. Something kb knows nothing about.

I have been told im a SPURS homer on NT. Tim is my fav player ever. Not gonna jump on someone else coattail when TD's wheels fall off. :wink:

Other laker fans are saying he should get more shots. Not just me.

Last edited:

He is who he is. 

Exactly,

People think giving x amount of touch to Dwight will get him 30+ points. Not. This dude has like 1 move under the rim. By the time the double come. He already wasted like 9 seconds off the shot clock. 

The last real center in the NBA who scores the basket in the post by backing down his defender was Shaq and he wasn't even that good skillwise. It was all sheer brute force.

Today mediocre center like Dwight Howard, Bynum, Chandler, Hibbert, etc are hyped up because the centers in today game are garbiogo

The disrespect.

He is who he is. 

So than he isnt a franchise player?

When the game is on the line you need the superstar big to get over the hump.

Lakers had

shaq in 00-02
Gasol and Andrew 09 and 2010

Last edited:
I been watching a lot of 60s NBA ball on YouTube and I honesty believe Wilt and Russell would have dominated today's NBA.

The big men this era. :smh:

60s NBA ball was great. Would have love to see that live.

Last edited:

He is who he is. 

Exactly,

The disrespect.
This... cmon son. Shaq had the perfect combination of power and finesse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom