• No. 8

Votes: 29 49.2%
  • No. 24

Votes: 30 50.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Idk I feel like it’s easy to say college ball is unwatchable when you live in an area where it isn’t cared for.
This is true, I'm sure there are college towns that eat, sleep and breathe their team just like college football. I get it from their perspective, of course they're gonna be passionate about college ball

Doesn't mean the product isn't trash

Idk I feel like it’s easy to say college ball is unwatchable when you live in an area where it isn’t cared for.
i can see what you mean. i went to UT. we're more of a football school than basketball school obviously but the fanbase still cares a good amount though.
maybe it's cause i watch much more midmajor ball than i care to admit. there's some nice, hidden talent out there but a lot of it is still unwatchable though, but i do it anyways :lol:

It is bad in the sense that they are kids and most of them probably will not be playing pro.

Folks are spoiled with all the nba gms that are available these days. Back in the days there would be one night of ball on national tv and if you were lucky, a local pro team to watch.

What does it matter tbh

What is the definition of "ready" anyway, much better to have preps come straight into a pro organization and begin learning sooner than later

NCAA is trash, coaching trash, rules trash, the structure is corrupt and the Tournament has to be one of the most overrated things in culture
I believe they should be able to go straight out of HS they shouldnt be mandated to go college.

Better overall product for the NBA how many 18 year olds are actually ready to contribute and make winning plays?

I believe they should be able to go straight out of HS they shouldnt be mandated to go college.

Better overall product for the NBA how many 18 year olds are actually ready to contribute and make winning plays?
That question seems a bit ambiguous tbh and like I said, it's about development and learning not expecting them to lead teams to meaningful wins

It's all about expectations, can't rush the process word to Joel

The only possible argument I see is playing time and game reps

However I would counter by saying that as long as the kids can be around pro coaching, training, practices etc. etc. and possibly have the kids play a handful of games in the G League, I'd say that's still more productive to their future than going to college for a few months

The only possible argument I see is playing time and game reps

However I would counter by saying that as long as the kids can be around pro coaching, training, practices etc. etc. and possibly have the kids play a handful of games in the G League, I'd say that's still more productive to their future than going to college for a few months

I think Silver is getting to this point.

Still don’t understand the real reason why the length of court, 3pt line, shot clock etc. isn’t standard between NBA and college.
Watching college teams employ the zone defense makes me want to change the channel

Like, Ayton is going to be shocked to see man to man once the first summer league game hits lol

They got 20 minute halves, they got 5 fouls

Why though

How do people keep up with college ball? Seems like a chore. 200 teams, thousands of players, major roster turnover, all the top players leave at the end of the year.

Then on top of that it’s boring.

Compare the level of a player who went one and one to a player who came straight out of high school

The draft is always like Christmas for me so following the prospects is a must. It's a chore, but just a bitter pill you gotta take

i can see what you mean. i went to UT. we're more of a football school than basketball school obviously but the fanbase still cares a good amount though.
maybe it's cause i watch much more midmajor ball than i care to admit. there's some nice, hidden talent out there but a lot of it is still unwatchable though, but i do it anyways :lol:
And see that’s the thing for me... I hate college football lol probably because of where I’m from
I mostly watch college basketball nowadays to watch kids that I played with or against growing up.

How old players have to be to enter the league has NOTHING to do with the "product" of the NBA.

Again...you cannot rationally explain how 6 months of playing a style of basketball that is not being played in the NBA...somehow makes you more ready.
Its a year more of Physical development.
The weight training and being more ready for the physicality and the grind of an 82 game season its an extra year for your body to grow. Its bad on the perspective of the player but good for the NBA.

Compare the level of a player who went one and one to a player who came straight out of high school

ben-mclemore-injury-777-442-170808_0.jpg

Its a year more of Physical development.
The weight training and being more ready for the physicality and the grind of an 82 game season its an extra year for your body to grow. Its bad on the perspective of the player but good for the NBA.

How much physical development did KD undergo at Texas?

Weight training and basketball development is something ALL players have to do. There are college upperclassmen that still have to develop. Player development isn't some how magnified when it happens a year before you get drafted. It's an ongoing process.

Do we really need to run down the list of college upperclassmen that couldn't hack it in the NBA?

i can insert.
Sebastian Telfair and Eric Bledsoe
Kwame Brown and Anthony Davis

You cant tell me that Anthony Davis gaining 15 more pounds in the one year in UK Wasnt beneficial to him. Although its unfair for the players it makes the jobs of NBA teams easier. Sure they could be learning more from playing in the NBA right away but that little seasoning still helps no matter how small you quantify it.

How much physical development did KD undergo at Texas?

Weight training and basketball development is something ALL players have to do. There are college upperclassmen that still have to develop. Player development isn't some how magnified when it happens a year before you get drafted. It's an ongoing process.

Do we really need to run down the list of college upperclassmen that couldn't hack it in the NBA?
I would bet he still improved physicallly. He was getting more and more athletic over the years.

Yes but they aren’t given these tools in most high schools **** on college athletics all you want but at the very least the decent colleges have a decent strength and conditioning program which helped him.

Yes i agree that player development is an on going process and college ball might not be the best at it but they still help in that regard.

Of course this is all a case to case basis Marquse Chriss would still be an idiot whether he went straight out of HS or a 4 year guy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom