• No. 8

Votes: 29 49.2%
  • No. 24

Votes: 30 50.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Getting Deng's money completely off the books would theoretically allow the Lakers to keep Clarkson and sign 2 other max guys assuming they don't take back a deal that goes past next summer so it may be worth it considering how he's embraced being that 6th man now. And I'm sure Julius in his heart of hearts wants to start, could be a win win.

I hope this isn't going to end up like the Knicks trading away Jordan Hill (even though he never amounted to much) just to get rid of Jared Jeffries' contract in 2010.

What’s the master plan?

Signing 2 of these 3 max free agents next summer (Bron/PG/Boogie)

The cap projection for next summer is 101 mil.

Lakers should they make a deal to get rid of Deng's contract with Julius means they'll have only 33 mil committed to 7 guys (BI, Zo, Kuzma, Nance Jr, Hart, Clarkson) with team options on Zubac and T. Bryant that would bring the total to a little over 36 mil. Both PG and Boogie's salaries start at 30.6 mil should they sign with LA, Bron's at 35.6 mil. They wouldn't have to lose any of those 7 to sign any combo of 2 outta those 3.

Last edited:
Signing 2 of these 3 max free agents next summer (Bron/PG/Boogie)
You’re saying this with a straight face?

Missed the playoffs going on 5 years, 4 of those years being 50+ loss seasons, and all you have to show for it is two guys who still look several years away. Only other thing you hang your hat on is the market, which as Mav Carter pointed out, doesn’t really matter in 2017.

trading not 1, but 2 high lottery picks who have shown improvement every year for cap space is awful team management. Awful.

Missed the playoffs going on 5 years, 4 of those years being 50+ loss seasons, and all you have to show for it is two guys who still look several years away. Only other thing you hang your hat on is the market, which as Mav Carter pointed out, doesn’t really matter in 2017.

trading not 1, but 2 high lottery picks who have shown improvement every year for cap space is awful team management. Awful.

It's only awful if it doesn't work. I'm not hanging my hat on the market at all. Magic believes he can convince guys to come here and if the young guys continue to show promise the pitch will be that much easier to make. You nor anyone else doesn't have to believe it'll happen, but when it does I'm going to be letting the yoppa off.

hater

If the Lakers fan on signing th

Magic and Rob seem VERY confident in this plan. The Lakers will be one of the only teams with big money to spend this upcoming off-season as well. They could strike out but I don't think they will. I forsee Lebron and PG teaming up with Zo,Ingram and Kuzma. I don't see us getting rid of BI, Zo or Kuzma in any of these trade scenarios.

If the Lakers fan on signing th

Magic and Rob seem VERY confident in this plan. The Lakers will be one of the only teams with big money to spend this upcoming off-season as well. They could strike out but I don't think they will. I forsee Lebron and PG teaming up with Zo,Ingram and Kuzma. I don't see us getting rid of BI, Zo or Kuzma in any of these trade scenarios.
Boogie is what they need not PG

It's only awful if it doesn't work. I'm not hanging my hat on the market at all. Magic believes he can convince guys to come here and if the young guys continue to show promise the pitch will be that much easier to make. You nor anyone else doesn't have to believe it'll happen, but when it does I'm going to be letting the yoppa off.
Throw out all logic because the president of basketball ops with zero experience is infallible because of..... his confidence.

Seems legit. Good luck

Throw out all logic because the president of basketball ops with zero experience is infallible because of..... his confidence.

Seems legit. Good luck

You guys are making it sound like the NTers in this thread are running the team. We're along for the ride just like you. If you read the Official Lakers Thread you'll see that I've had issues with some of the moves they've made (mainly the Dlo trade) but at the end of the day this is the course we're set on and I don't think its far fetched to think it'll work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom